I scored a 510 wagon !!!

Jamie: hell yeah it's the year of the wagon :D

Zhent: do you have a close up pic of the lugs i need? And yeah...your rims rock :D

I agree, year of the wagon...

All of the Z and ZX aluminum wheels require the same lugs. I happen to either currently have or have gone through three of the four available aluminum wheels. Yours are looking good, and I agree with the idea of pulling the valve stems to finish the polish, you'll want new ones when you put the tires on anyway....

These are the lugs. Make sure to get them complete with the washers. Without the washers they have a tendency to slip and cause the lug holes to elongate.

2525428626_8d43c56c71.jpg

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zhent thanks for that pic. Looks like i may be able to get them @ a tire shop or have Mike make some on his lathe :D

I would recommend the genuine Nissan ones. I haven't seen it, but I've heard tales of the cheaper aftermarket ones causing problems.

I got all of mine used, but when digging through the bucket of lugs I could tell the difference. The Nissan ones are shorter than all of the aftermarket ones I've seen.

I could sell you four of the lugs from the pic, since they're from my parts car, and replace them later, but I would think with all of the Datsuns out there in Cali that you should be able to find them pretty easily. Since the wheels are from '81-'83 280zx non-turbo cars and the lugs came on every factory alloy wheel on the Z's from '78-'83 they should be out there. Might try some of the Z clubs. (http://www.zcca.org/club_finder/club_pages_north_america/ca.htm)

I can't imagine you'd need to lower the care more with these wheels. What size tire are you planning on running? Most popular are 195/60R14, that's what's on the front of mine and it's lowered about an inch with the ZX struts/brakes.

If you can't find any, let me know, I can probably come up with a full set, would just need to figure out what to charge for them...

Oh, and just a minor point... once you make the swap, you'll want to keep some of the stock acorn nuts around for use on the spare, these just don't work well on a normal wheel at all... The tire guy is always surprised when my lugs match the wheel, instead of all the lugs necessarily matching. last time I had a flat in my 240sux I rolled into the tire shop on the spare with the proper acorn lugs instead of the tuner lugs the Enkeis require...

I got a blue on blue wagon from an 70 year old lady that was perfict. I sold it to a guy and three months later I saw it crushed in a wrecking yard.

Ok not kool at all :(

Zhent TY for the offer. Let me hit up the yards & try to compile a set. Not really in a rush either. I plan on running 185-60-14 tires.

black out the centers of those 6 spoke Z wheels and they'll look sick. :cool:

:thumbup:

i thought green at first too, till i saw them blacked out on a Z

Most popular are 195/60R14, that's what's on the front of mine and it's lowered about an inch with the ZX struts/brakes.

thats what size is on mine, no issues

Since the wheels are from '81-'83 280zx non-turbo cars and the lugs came on every factory alloy wheel on the Z's from '78-'83 they should be out there. Might try some of the Z clubs...

FWIW, you can use the lug nuts from almost ANY Nissan with factory alloys from '77 up to somewhere in the mid 90s.

I like to use '84-89 300ZX lug nuts on these wheels since the 280ZX lug nuts are flush, but the 300ZX lug nuts are 3/8" longer and they are easier to put on.

Looking way sharp there Mark...now get your good camera and take a clear pic would you! Better yet get a tire, mounted it, then slap it on your goon!!!

I'm going to start sending you my wheels for you to clean up! MMO for ya! :)

Thanks mario. Hell yeah send me all of your rims for a quick detail & polish ;) I painted & cleared the backs today. Decided to go w/ green instead of silver. You cant really see the backs that much anyways. Also painted the Z's on the caps to match :cool:

6-3bkofZrimspainted-1.jpg

the rim on the R is done...

6-3FofZrimswpaintedcaps.jpg

That look on your little girls face in the first pick is priceless. Looks like me when I look at myself in the mirror first thing in the morning.:lol:

oh diggin the rims, look really good:cool:

TY for the love guys. Ok as if i needed another set of rims...i bought another set of rims :D Picked up an original set of 13x7 American racing "libres" today. The tires on 3 of them are ok & 1 needs replacing & are 185-60-13 [peel out tire ;)]. I sanded & polished the spokes on one of them [far right] & they are gonna be bright when im done....

6-8libres.jpg

the backs need alot of cleaning...

6-8libresbk.jpg

& the mock up...

6-8libresmock.jpg

I did get the correct lugs in the deal too BTW :D

Ok spent ALL day sanding & polishing the rest of the 13's & mounted them. I even painted 1 rim green to see how it'll look. What do you guys think...do the rest green or gloss black?

6-10librepainted.jpg

6-104.jpg

& damm the car handles so much better now..i can take corners w/ not as much body roll :cool:

Man that's super sharp looking. No way does that think look like a $800 wagon now! I'm still surprised at how nice you've gotten it to look like in a short amount of time and with low budget (ratsun style) upgrades.

Keep it up...and you know my vote is for black...less visually distracting. :)

Dude I just can't believe you got them so shinny! WOW!!! I personally like the factory rims :D Mag wheel are over rated, But as long as you can go back to the factory rims I'm happy :D So keep the ZX struts off her :D