I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any pictures of the engine bay underside of your wagon? More specificly the hoses running from the trans to the radiator and back. Hopefully the set up on your car is still pretty clean and factory compared to mine. :rolleyes:

Anyways, any pics you can offer would be greatly appriciated. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Gen..pics this week i promise :D. This week i used a product designed to restore faded paint on the hood & im impressed [thanks Guy]...

8-24hoodshiny.jpg

I had compounded & waxed it before but it was starting to haze again. This product is supposed to "lock in" the shine for a long time..then i waxed over it...

8-24hoodshiny2.jpg

Im excited..just wanted to share :cool:

PRESTO !! :lol: Guy gray bought it off E bay...did his 620 & only used half the bottle. The other half will do my wagon. Heres the Ebay link ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-AUTO-PAINT-SCRATCH-REPAIR-CLEARCOAT-SHINE-WAX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ007QQitemZ170252622469QQtcZphoto

67_2.JPG

Ok i know more boring cleaning & painting pics :rolleyes: I also "ratsunized" a fan shroud out of an 80 720 & made it fit in the wagon. I cut 2 inches out of the width & trimmed it in a few spots....

8-26shroud.jpg

8-26shroud2.jpg

& got underneath..degreased & painted most of whats vivible while im driving...

8-26undersidepainted.jpg

Pacman so any starter will fit the L series auto? For some reason I thought I remembered you saying that the auto one was a little different.

Good memory Jeff. Back when i got the car @ Marios he gave me a starter & the solenoid was touching the block preventing the starter holes to line up. The GR unit came out of a 80,s Z car & cost $12 :cool: Now i need to bypass the neautral safety switch so i can start it w/ a key :rolleyes:

TY..yes im liking the bamboo..it's cheap & fits the "look" im going for. & Mario yes i finally got my 09 reg. & sticker TY so much for helping me. Feels good to drive it again too. Been doing small stuff the last few days w/ pics to come.

Love the bamboo man!:D Feels like Da' Islands Bradah!

This thread has helped me a lot.

I am thinking about picking up a light blue '71 510 wagon from a guys field in Nebraska.

Totally complete...really clean body...ran when parked...titled...tiny rust spot in the bottom corner of the passenger side front fender

3-4 hundred bucks.

I think it sounds good to me. The tips on here have helped me know what to look for.

My 521 is just missing something:blink:

Like...enough room for all the butts.:lol:

• 2 months later...

Ok been awhile..just been driving the wagon & enjoying my 30 mpg:D believe it or not i now have another set of rims for the wagon thanks to Mario [71 dimer] He scored some 13 x 5 center line look-a-likes w/ good tires. They need to be cleaned,sanded & polished then they will look fine...

13x5centerlines.jpg

he also set me up with an electronic dist. w/ matchbox which ill swap in soon...:cool:

hey

my name is chris and im new here i see you got the wagon it looks good . i got one my self

Hey Chris,

Welcome to ratsun. Let me be the first to tell ya we need PIC'S man. :D

Also go to goons check in, in this section.

hey

my name is chris and im new here i see you got the wagon it looks good . i got one my self

Hey Chris,

Welcome to ratsun. Let me be the first to tell ya we need PIC'S man. :D

Also go to goons check in, in this section.

Yeah, but start a new thread to introduce yourself and your ride. :D

WoW! Wagon is coming along nicely :thumbsup:, Have you thought about painting the screw on the bamboo tan or using some wood putty and forming around them to look like knotts?

That hadnt crossed my mind but thats a good idea. 72cnc lets see your wagon soon.