FABRICATION FAIL THREAD

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there is this gay rice trend with the rusted hood

32055110946_large.jpg

this guy is from germany, so instead of using a yakima roof rack he should be using a Thule :rofl:

that "show" truck on Barret jackson sold for almost 80k. love how there was absolutely nothing said in the description about the suspension. or that the "less than 500 original miles" includes a trip to a small dirt hump that broke its back :rofl:

the "big foot" truck sale info stated: CAN ONLY BE SOLD TO A DEALER OR OUT-OF-STATE BUYER.....because everyone on the state knew that it was a 80k failure.

ST-0912-GEARS-lead.jpg

It was being sold for 5K?? or something. I think the seller bought it and got hosed and was trying to unload it on the next guy. Was the ownership in question? Some people thought they could look cool driving around in it but I doubt you would get far in any state without being towed.

No windshield

No mirrors

I don't think it had seat belts.

The welded air bag cantilevered abortion suspension.

IIRC it had a bogus title and was being called a 521. Am I remembering right?

That was the most suspect thing to me -- along with the ridiculous asking price. All the other stuff could just be considered questionable styling decisions on an otherwise undriveable "show truck". Sorry to dredge it back up again.

IIRC it had a bogus title and was being called a 521. Am I remembering right?

That was the most suspect thing to me -- along with the ridiculous asking price. All the other stuff could just be considered questionable styling decisions on an otherwise undriveable "show truck". Sorry to dredge it back up again.

Something like that and when confronted the owner just shrugged it off as someone else's problem once sold. I think HE got fucked up the ass on it and was just paying it forward. It would get towed to the closest crusher the first time a cop pulled you over.... if it didn't crush you first.

ST-0912-GEARS-lead.jpg

It was being sold for 5K?? or something. I think the seller bought it and got hosed and was trying to unload it on the next guy. Was the ownership in question? Some people thought they could look cool driving around in it but I doubt you would get far in any state without being towed.

No windshield

No mirrors

I don't think it had seat belts.

The welded air bag cantilevered abortion suspension.

My neighbour is a state trooper and i asked him about what a car needs to have to legally drive in OR as i was once thinking about streamlining my roadster like the auto rose roadster and he told me working window wipers are the only thing needed drive in OR. I was very surprised to hear this.

Surely you would need to wear seatbelts or have them. Horn, mirrors, working marker lights, proper bumper heights? He was probably assuming that all the other equipment was on it and working?

I've seen a couple states that dont require that on all vehicles. If you owned a vehicle before seat belts were used then you don't need them... Also, think about school busses and limos, they don't have seat belts all the time. That's just one example. You also wouldn't need blinkers because you can use hand signals...

Anyway, I would assume working wipers were just so when it rains the car doesn't turn into a 60mph death trap to other drivers since you can't see in the rain.

Edit: I see that you said 'marker' and not 'blinker.' Disregard my last point.

• Like 1

Anyway, I would assume working wipers were just so when it rains the car doesn't turn into a 60mph death trap to other drivers since you can't see in the rain.

A windshield is not required in WA...you do have to have wipers though :lol:

Haha you beat me to it! A windshield isn't required in Oregon either as long as you have whispers. I was looking at buying a 70's yota a couple years ago that had no windows haha I passed and did the stupidest thing possible.... Bought a ford ranger pos. shoulda taken pics on all the fabrication fails on that one. There was chain bolted from each side on the motor to the frame. Wires everywhere. And they wanted to have a cone filter and couldn't figure out how to do it with a maf so they cut a hole in the stock air box and tried to attach a cone to it. That truck was such a fail it only lasted me 2 weeks before the tranny committed suicide to get away from the failure.