1971 521

jon521

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna have to start lookin for some of those for sure!

little update, big update for me. FINALLY found something ive been searching for since i bought my truck, almost 2 years, and i found one better in better condition than i expected! i finally got a stock radio! its soooo sick, looks great in my dash, still lights up, and i ghetto wired it to the CB antena that was already in my truck and it picks up stations clearly! thanks so much datwifey!! i love it, one of the best self purchased birthday presents ive got myself :)

IMG_20121018_155641.jpg

IMG_20121018_155711.jpg

IMG_20121018_171319.jpg

IMG_20121018_174600.jpg

IMG_20121018_174714.jpg

IMG_20121018_174728.jpg

• Like 2

Whats the thing above the radio?...

The springs should be easy to find...as long as you dont have to ship eem, cuz they farckin heavy.

Hows the ride now that you made the change man?

photobucket-22819-1350116617447.jpg

Like shit . .. theres about a half an inch of travel befor it hits whats left of my bump stop, c notch would be nice.....and my fronts are riding the cut bump stops now.

Jon, maybe you can post a pic for reference ?

So I would love to show you.but I'm not the guy to do it.To make a long story short I just got the brackets that beebani sells and bought the coil overs and springs and that's it.It's going to get welded in when I get a chance to run it to the shop and I will post pics of the install.He does a nice job on the brackets and does simplify the install I'm just not a welder so in the shop it goes.I can send you the link for the shocks and message beebani for the brackets.I will help you any way I can except the welding part haha.

to elaborate on black deaths comment ... cut the stockers down ... carefull to much and u will expose a bolt head .. then u get bang bang bang... i n the front of mine i got some tiny belltech ones from a kit a while back and i still trimmed those down.....in my bagged trucks i run no snubbers for the low when parked.....

bigtanker, i just sent him a message about them right before i read this! thanks tho! so even tho they are for a 620, they work on 521s? also, how much did you spend on coilovers?

blackdeth and jrock, i do not have ANY bump stops on my truck any where

bigtanker, i just sent him a message about them right before i read this! thanks tho! so even tho they are for a 620, they work on 521s? also, how much did you spend on coilovers?

blackdeth and jrock, i do not have ANY bump stops on my truck any where

Yea you will be fine just got my brackets yesterday from they look really good.As for the qa1' and Eibach's i think i spent 460.00 on all of it complete.Not badBut it does add up with the brackets the coil overs and then like myself i have to pay to get them installed so im looking right about 850.00 installed cruzeing down the Hollywood with my rag top down so my hair can blow.haha

• Like 1

well im still undecided about it. i really dont know if coilovers would make that big of a difference compared to just raising my shock towers. im not trying to drift or race my truck, i daily drive it and i just like it to ride some what nicer and handle better. any opinions?

well im still undecided about it. i really dont know if coilovers would make that big of a difference compared to just raising my shock towers. im not trying to drift or race my truck, i daily drive it and i just like it to ride some what nicer and handle better. any opinions?

Well would you not get adjustability out of coil overs versus just raising your shock towers.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

But really, how often do people adjust the height of their cars when they have coilovers?

Summer, and then there is rally season..

:sneaky:

Been der dun Dat :w00t: