1971 521

jon521

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

way better than before! ill hit every once in awhile, or when i have someone with me. ill probably go a little higher once i get some bump stops. also a downer, i rub my fenders when turning tight. its like a freakin boat going down the road without the shocks or sway bar haha

The 521 shocks are about as short as they come for a bolt in, pinto shocks are not shorter, as I was in baxters with 3 differant types, 521, pinto, and something else, and the 521 shocks had the win, raise the upper shock tower mount position.

You are to the point that if you want to get any lower, and want to be able to drive it, a body drop is the next step/option.

The 521 shocks are about as short as they come for a bolt in, pinto shocks are not shorter, as I was in baxters with 3 differant types, 521, pinto, and something else, and the 521 shocks had the win, raise the upper shock tower mount position.

You are to the point that if you want to get any lower, and want to be able to drive it, a body drop is the next step/option.

what about air shocks? i was recomended a set that were 75 bucks a pair by a guy with a slammed vw bug. obviously its a entirely different vehicle, but his bug is slammed and he is running the shocks on there so they do collaspe pretty far. so maybe those or raising the shock tower mount.

body drop or bag :) but i dont have that kind of time or money and im happy where it sits, well at least the front

so i was tired of riding on my shocks, so i pulled them out for now, and in doing this i found that my sway bar was resting on something on the frame, so i took that off for now as well, so i can tweek it a bit and get it back in there so it doesnt ride on anything. as far as my shocks go, i am going to start doing research on extending my shock tower, or looking into air shocks. ha when i took my shocks off, it went down all the way to resting on where the bump stops would be :D so i adjusted the torsion bars up so ive got about 1/2 inch before i hit. i will be putting a bump stop back it, whether i make one or pick something up from energy suspension.

here it is alll the way down, i wish i couldve left it that low...i wouldve broken something tho

IMG_20120715_175821.jpg

here is how it sits now

578722_10150956241808589_1156954827_n.jpg

311527_3885060817024_645785487_n.jpg

you cant tell in the pics but still pretty raked, i need to get some bigger blocks for the rear.....

Nice ride.

way better than before! ill hit every once in awhile, or when i have someone with me. ill probably go a little higher once i get some bump stops. also a downer, i rub my fenders when turning tight. its like a freakin boat going down the road without the shocks or sway bar haha

nice. hit up mikeklotz about his z'd lower control arms. he has a thread on them here somewhere.

nice. hit up mikeklotz about his z'd lower control arms. he has a thread on them here somewhere.

I talked to him at canby about them and he doesn't make them any more. He's working in a ball joint set up for 521s right now!

what about air shocks? i was recomended a set that were 75 bucks a pair by a guy with a slammed vw bug. obviously its a entirely different vehicle, but his bug is slammed and he is running the shocks on there so they do collaspe pretty far. so maybe those or raising the shock tower mount.

body drop or bag :) but i dont have that kind of time or money and im happy where it sits, well at least the front

I have never seen an airshock that comes close to collapsing as far as a 520/521 shock does, but when you start slamming frames, you basicly are starting over anyway, so you can make things to fit whatever you plan to use, airshocks, coilovers, ect.

• 4 weeks later...

the height on the truck is great man.

thanks man :)

Again why cant i have a red truck.

i love the red! but a lot of times, people are like oh your the one that drives that cute little orange car. I tell them no thats not me, i drive a red datsun pickup

so ive wanting to get a shifter bushing for awhile now, but i can only find them on ebay. does anyone know if z or zx car ones will work? i saw some brass z/zx ones, everything else was rubber. i guess i could just get the ones that say they are for the 521/620 :)

so ive wanting to get a shifter bushing for awhile now, but i can only find them on ebay. does anyone know if z or zx car ones will work? i saw some brass z/zx ones, everything else was rubber. i guess i could just get the ones that say they are for the 521/620 :)

I got shifter bushings recently from ebay - brass, like $10. The listings show them as good for all kinds of datsun trucks and cars, but not the Zs. I also got the plastic shifter cup thingy from the dealer - pretty cheap, but they had to ship it in from southwest Algeria - took forever. Bushings prolly available too, though my stupid local dealer parts counter seemed dazed by mention of a Datsun.

I hope he/she makes it back home safe.

thank you!

I got shifter bushings recently from ebay - brass, like $10. The listings show them as good for all kinds of datsun trucks and cars, but not the Zs. I also got the plastic shifter cup thingy from the dealer - pretty cheap, but they had to ship it in from southwest Algeria - took forever. Bushings prolly available too, though my stupid local dealer parts counter seemed dazed by mention of a Datsun.

ya i feel like the brass ones would last longer than the rubber ones. im surprised you were able to get the cup from the dealer! i will look into that, thank you