1971 521

jon521

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can go lower, as you still have a few inches of space before you can peel the reflectors of the hiway

i can just barely nick them right now!

Almost as low as me haha. I love that truck with the black wheels and shiny caps. also, those mirrors look similar to generic mirrors from like oriellys. My 521 had one but I took it off when I did my fender mirrors. saw similar ones on a 69 camaro too.

Thanks man! ya someone once told me that they were generic mirrors but i also was told they were off another datsun, so i dont know, and dont really care, i think im going to get the round peep mirrors that mount higher up on the door. i cant really see anything out of these mirrors, i only use them when im parking next to curbs and what not. you dont really need anything other than the rearview with these trucks tho, you can see right out the back window

thanks man! it was my dream for the truck since i first bought it.

i just bought a mac with adobe illustrator so im back in the graphic design game now, and i can access all my old graphic design stuff i did in high school. i found a design i did of what i wanted my truck to look like back when i first bought it, ill put a picture of it up after work

had to rasterize it to get it on the interwebz, so it kinda cut down on the quality a bit, but i made this about a year and a half ago

datsunratsun.gif

Pretty nice illustration. You got the look you were going for haha. How long have you been into the graphic design stuff? I went to school for that (animation degree, but we used a lot of adobe products and had to take a lot of illustration classes)... it's a lot of fun.

Pretty nice illustration. You got the look you were going for haha. How long have you been into the graphic design stuff? I went to school for that (animation degree, but we used a lot of adobe products and had to take a lot of illustration classes)... it's a lot of fun.

Thanks! I have only taken classes in highschool, thats when i made the illustration above^^. I was in the top of my graphics class, if that means anything. i did mostly vinyl cutting, loved making stickers :) im trying to get back in the game, teach myself how to use photoshop, and eventually buy a vinyl cutter and sell stickers and what not

Also I've been noticing a lot of datsuns with Oregon and Washington plates. Good to know there are others close!!

There are lots of nearby datsuns! This forum is largely west coast, but also world wide. But since datsuns werent popular in the midwest, and the east coast rusts so badly, they are all on the westcoast here in America.

There are a decent number here in the Portland area.

Dude Jon for $800 that's a damn good looking truck! Crazy what the 3" of lowering will do! Looks awesome!!

Also I've been noticing a lot of datsuns with Oregon and Washington plates. Good to know there are others close!!

Thanks man! I didnt know it at the time, but it was a steal!

Ya like laecaon said, the west coast is pretty much the biggest datsun area, the NW seems to be a datsun encave haha

made a slammed skateboard the other day. kinda shitty, it was trial run. im going to make another with all new parts

310329_10151068929308589_18004594_n_zps0e0f4639.jpg

also, i was able to get under my truck the other day, and was looking at the tranny, and it looks like i might be i missing something up there behind the shifter? maybe a plug or something? im dont even know if im missing anything, it just looked like it to me

IMG_20120912_155917.jpg