1971 521

jon521

haha hey! mines my daily! cant fuckup too much. but im already driving without shocks, so i figured when i make my shock towers taller, i can break it up over 2 weekends or something. its not like ill be missing anything off my truck.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

almost bought some 720 4x4 from the JY today but they wanted $70 for them and i dont have that kinda money for that right now.

damn! that's a grip. I just looked up pricing on their website and car leafs are $6 cheaper. still about $70 after taxes. 

not really a good price, just seems thats about what they go for at yards.  Although, they did remove them for me, but they picked the truck up with a forklift and just used a cutting torch...  You could just wait and look for someone parting out a truck on CL or make a WTB ad...

It's a good price for pick and pull to make lots of money, as I doubt you would get even $20.00 at the scrappers for the metal as scrap.

Right.  when I was looking and asked why so much. they said to cover the cost of scrap price.  I offered to trade like for like plus 20 bucks, they said No... 

^^^^ wow cheapskate u offered to trade them for your 521 springs.......i guess im off to make a wanna trade leafs thread plus a sack...

70 bux i feel is fair for them cause thats what i paid....actually over a 100 once i paid the remover and transporter...but it was a labor trade as i was doing some coating for adam...

like i said if p a p had a set i would pay 70 for them right now ... definately if they take them off...

They want $37.99 plus a $4.99 core for each leaf around here, that's $85.96 for a set of truck leaf springs.

This is why they are advertising on craigslist now, they don't have the flow of people they used to have, I used to go there every other weekend, sometimes more often, I even bought parts for a few others, and shipped them, now I hardly ever go, as they want to much for their parts, maybe I am cheap.  :hmm:

certain parts it seems are cheap .... i know i bought the whole rear tailgate and lift glass and most of the sill that i sawzalled off a suburban for 160 bucks for my 97 tahoe to convert it from barn doors to tail gate, glass hatch ...mind u i think i am the only one in the world to attempt this swap everyone tells me to go buy a shell but i dont see two door tahoe shells very often...as for parts i know some things are expensive .... for me it comes down to how bad i want it ....since im going fourlink eventually i would rather not spend 80 bux and wait for a better deal to come along... shit there was full ext cab 720 on the list for 350 obo u could buy it swap the springs and reselll it for the same or more...i try to avoid the jy for big items.... the other day pap told me 60 bux for a third memeber from a h190 ... which isnt bad but phixius was told 6 month's ago he had to buy the whole axle for 160 as they wouldn't part it out...so i think its all in what the market is ...any time i get outta the jy for less then a c note is a good day.....

mind u those tahoe parts when i asked about them i was expecting them to tell me 350.....but when they said 160 i went back to my truck for another sawzall battery cause u can get a different answer everytime u u ask......it was such a good deal i bought a second tailgate and rear lift glass for another 85 bux...they charge me 80 bux for the parts i cut from the body ...later i sold the lesser tailgate and lesser lift glass for a 100 ea once i robbed spare mechanisms out of both.,.......

certain parts it seems are cheap .... i know i bought the whole rear tailgate and lift glass and most of the sill that i sawzalled off a suburban for 160 bucks for my 97 tahoe to convert it from barn doors to tail gate, glass hatch ...mind u i think i am the only one in the world to attempt this swap everyone tells me to go buy a shell but i dont see two door tahoe shells very often...as for parts i know some things are expensive .... for me it comes down to how bad i want it ....since im going fourlink eventually i would rather not spend 80 bux and wait for a better deal to come along... shit there was full ext cab 720 on the list for 350 obo u could buy it swap the springs and reselll it for the same or more...i try to avoid the jy for big items.... the other day pap told me 60 bux for a third memeber from a h190 ... which isnt bad but phixius was told 6 month's ago he had to buy the whole axle for 160 as they wouldn't part it out...so i think its all in what the market is ...any time i get outta the jy for less then a c note is a good day.....

mind u those tahoe parts when i asked about them i was expecting them to tell me 350.....but when they said 160 i went back to my truck for another sawzall battery cause u can get a different answer everytime u u ask......it was such a good deal i bought a second tailgate and rear lift glass for another 85 bux...they charge me 80 bux for the parts i cut from the body ...later i sold the lesser tailgate and lesser lift glass for a 100 ea once i robbed spare mechanisms out of both.,.......

You do know that rear 720 2wd and 4wd leafs are differant.

yes if your refering to the cl add i was meaning its a 4x4 there's some cab damage or something i dont know i just looked when i saw the price then he said no part out as of now so i moved on..he only thing i want from a 2wd is a 84-86 standard cab transmission

haha nice john, well done. but i feel like its those fuckin honda guys that pocket everything that they can that have driven the prices up so much. i mean, i know ive slipped lug nuts in my box once, but i know guys who go in and put like voltage regulators and door handles or other shit like that. whatever tho, there will always be dumbasses out there.

well, in a new light today, it looks like ill be needing a new oil pump. the oil light kept flickering today whenever i was at an idle.

I've seen this issue come from a failing sending unit before (but not in a Datsun). However, it would not hurt any to upgrade to the KA oil pump.