Seriously? In-N-Out Burgers worth this???

It'll probably close down due to health code violations in under 2 years. After the shine wears off a bit, people will go back to eating wherever is closest to work/home, and the business will go to shit. That's what happened to Krispy Kreme in Beaumont. Line down the block for the first 2 weeks. A year later, no business at all. One more year and it was closed.

I'd rather just eat GOOD food. Fast food is just that, something fast to shove down my throat and get back to work before my 30 minutes is up.

I guess it's just another example of Texas getting homogenized with the rest of the States.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just the Californians that moved to Tx in that line. I know I would have been one of them if we were still living there. We moved back too soon...

BUT...any of you so cal guys had 5 guys burgers? Good burgers..but the fries BLOW.

5 burgers burger + INO fries + whataburgers chicken strip honey bbq sammich..... :drool:

Thats just the Californians that moved to Tx in that line. I know I would have been one of them if we were still living there. We moved back too soon...

BUT...any of you so cal guys had 5 guys burgers? Good burgers..but the fries BLOW.

5 burgers burger + INO fries + whataburgers chicken strip honey bbq sammich..... :drool:

I hate 5 guys frys too, they are cooked in peanut oil, most people I know love them, go on and on about them.

Its not that good to me. It is good, but Nations here in California is way better IMO. I have a INO and a Nations, both within a 3-mile radius of my house.

The cool thing about INO is the secret menu. Animal style fries and burgers. The really cool one in that you can order a burger with as many patties that you want for $.99 cents each. So theoretically you cold order a 10 or 20 patty burger!

220px-Nationsoutside.jpg

I cook my own damn burgers and they're better than all of those joints.

Just goes to show, everything IS bigger in Texas! (Including stupidity!) :D Oooo, I 'm gonna get it now from the Texas crowd! :rofl:

Its not that good to me. It is good, but Nations here in California is way better IMO. I have a INO and a Nations, both within a 3-mile radius of my house.

The cool thing about INO is the secret menu. Animal style fries and burgers. The really cool one in that you can order a burger with as many patties that you want for $.99 cents each. So theoretically you cold order a 10 or 20 patty burger!

220px-Nationsoutside.jpg

100x100

http://www.whatupwilly.com/2006/01/in-n-out-100x100.html

We live next to all these burger places and for my money I'd take a Five Guys burger, In-N-Out yellow peppers, and McDobalds fries and I'm good to go! Oh yeah love the Five Guys hit dogs, they're damn good, plus free peanuts while you wait (score)! In-N-Out has too much thousand island dressing type sauce for my taste. Yeah it's a California original and definitely better than regular fast food joints but it's clearly the whole it's new so let's go wait in line, it'll pass trust me.

The line is Frisco was much longer than the one in Allen. I live a couple of miles away from the Frisco location and have tried to eat at it on four occasions. I ate there the first day and waited an hour. I grew up eating in-n-out in the 70's till the late 90's when I left CA. I havent been back to CA since 2003 so when they opened it up my mouth started to water. The line in the Frisco location is almost a three hour wait and it has been open for over two weeks. It broke the hamburger sales for all of in-n-out locations. in Frisco and Plano TX you have a lot of people from CA and they cant get enough. We are also getting a Yoshinoya in about two weeks as well and that was my second favorite place to eat.

Pig stand was the best fast food chain in history. Hands down. The two in Beaumont closed a few years back. First Texas drive through. Inventor of "Texas Toast." Great diner, open 24/7. My grandparents ate there, and I took my first date there. I miss it like crazy. I'd wait in a line for Pig Stand, so I do kinda see where a nastalgic diner might bring back some memories and make people line up.

Unfortunately, mine will probably never come back.

Ok/// so i went to 5 guys burgers.. and well

#1.. EXPENSIVE... atleast compared to INO

#2.. Fries arent that great... taste burned...

#3.. Burger is Good.. INO still better imo.. I got the BAcon Cheeseburger... mmm... delicious

5guys.jpg

Ok/// so i went to 5 guys burgers.. and well

#1.. EXPENSIVE... atleast compared to INO

#2.. Fries arent that great... taste burned...

#3.. Burger is Good.. INO still better imo.. I got the BAcon Cheeseburger... mmm... delicious

5guys.jpg

I think it all depends on the burger you get. I think that 5Guys burgers are better.. I like their fries better than INO as well. Luckily there is one local to me unlike those INO guys.

I think it all depends on the burger you get. I think that 5Guys burgers are better.. I like their fries better than INO as well. Luckily there is one local to me unlike those INO guys.

Yeah... Id go there again and try the other Cheeseburger.. BTW... ARe the peanuts they have there FREE? I didnt grab any cuz i wasnt sure.. lol

The thing about INO is that they still have a simple menu with good eats for little dough. Double Double Animal Style with fries well done and a coke for under 6 bucks. Who else can beat that? Locally, I am still a Jack In the Box kid. I still love that crappy food and especially the ALPO tacos!

As for Sonics, still some of the worst food I have ever had! When they opened one out in the east county they had the long line crap for weeks! I guess it took a bit for folks to realize how crappy the stuff really is. Now you can drive up anytime and find a spot. Carl's Jr. was good until they kept adding too much crap to their menu and the food started suffering and those shitty ass commercial just made me stay away from that place.

So I guess we all have our own local favorites and until we try them, we will just champion our own stuff. I still want to try a Crown Burger, heard they are monsters!

Roscoe's anyone?

I live right down the street from the Sonic in Santee,there was a line there for months.When i finally got to try it i couldnt figure out what all the excitement was about.The only thing i really like are the onion rings.I'll take in & out over the others,a simple menu and it is always the same quality.Any of you san diego guys try Beef&Bun in la mesa ? good stuff there.