DATSUN HOTWHEELS (and some other ones)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only problem with this so far is that when you go to the Hot Wheels site and click on the rules, all you get is a list of participating stores! No list of what cars qualify for the purchase. 

But, they are already being scalped on ebay for over $50 bucks! Some as high as $99! Sure, they are from Malaysia, but they are going to be instant collectibles. 

So, K-Mart on 2-18-17! Here I come!! 

• Like 1

The only problem with this so far is that when you go to the Hot Wheels site and click on the rules, all you get is a list of participating stores! No list of what cars qualify for the purchase. 

PDF link

2017 HOT WHEELS®

Datsun Bluebird 510 Promotion

Official Rules

1. During the Promotion Purchase Period from February 12  2017 to March 31, 2017

buy any 20 (twenty)

Hot Wheels® 1:64 basic cars from the 2015 to present assortment numbers

C4982, L2593, L5541, DMJ87, DFH91, DMJ88, DMJ89, FDN31 and/or FDN32 from participating Kmart stores and from Kmart.com.

The back of orange 68 shelby GT500

nJhNhYa.jpg

• Like 2

My local Walmart stores suck hard on Hot Wheels. Either the employees scavenge them or the hoarders show up at 10 pm when they put them out. But, for the last two weeks, the pegs have been empty. I asked and no one knows why they have not received any new stock. 

Just came back from K-Mart and just as I feared, the "Collectors" where there in force. One guy started yelling at others for them grabbing everything. Hot Wheels "Collectors" are kinda assholes. 

Anyway, I just went to the pegs and grabbed 20 Hot Wheels and really do not care what I got. The place was well picked over and I saw people walking out with cases of the stuff. 

Oh well, I have 20 that qualify and I am sending them in. These Hot Wheels will be given out to whoever says they have kids!  Happy Hunting! 

• Like 1

Just came back from K-Mart and just as I feared, the "Collectors" where there in force. One guy started yelling at others for them grabbing everything. Hot Wheels "Collectors" are kinda assholes. 

Anyway, I just went to the pegs and grabbed 20 Hot Wheels and really do not care what I got. The place was well picked over and I saw people walking out with cases of the stuff. 

Oh well, I have 20 that qualify and I am sending them in. These Hot Wheels will be given out to whoever says they have kids!  Happy Hunting! 

Yeah,there's some like that and they need to stop stealing oxygen IMO.

Not all collectors are like that though. 

I did K-Days last year for the black 510 goon and it was pretty organized. They handed out raffle tickets to each person, if they called your number they set up an unopened case for you at a table, then you had like three minutes to pick out 10 cars you wanted, then you stepped back till your number was called again if there were more cases after everyone was called. After it was all done they spread out the cases on the tables and then it was free for all. But the fanatic collectors are nuts and they try and bring a half a dozen people with them to grab up what they can.

• Like 2

No K-Marts(75 mile radius) here.

Yep, my local K-mart closed

I did K-Days last year for the black 510 goon and it was pretty organized. They handed out raffle tickets to each person, if they called your number they set up an unopened case for you at a table, then you had like three minutes to pick out 10 cars you wanted, then you stepped back till your number was called again if there were more cases after everyone was called. After it was all done they spread out the cases on the tables and then it was free for all. But the fanatic collectors are nuts and they try and bring a half a dozen people with them to grab up what they can.

That's exactly how they did it at my K-mart as well. 

I know some people pre-purchased entire boxes, not sure how to do that though. 

They kept saying that cases where selling out on the K Mart website, but, they apparently do not sell cases online. So, people where buying the exact case amount and thus getting a case of them. 

The poor K Mart employee that ended up with this deal was pretty overwhelmed and was trying to be helpful, but he was just too busy trying to keep order. 

And yes, not all Collectors are A'Holes, but the few I saw there, yelling at folks and arguing with other was pretty bad. I just wanted to grab 20 cars for the promo and getting some that are not that hokey would have been cool. But I ended up with junk and I am just going to give them away. The Collectors had baskets of them and they where spreading them out on counters seeing what they grabbed and making sets. Folks where standing by to see what they would throw back into the pool and snatch it. It was pretty sad. 

• Like 1

Went to the local Big K in Burlington, WA. sunday and bought 20 cars. The dumb bitch only rang up 19? If you send in 20 cards with a receipt showing 19 purchased you get nothing! Went back monday to straighten it out? What a pain in the ass!!! FUCK YOU K-Mart time to die!

• Like 1