pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

datsunfreak: I've never seen a pic of your dime, but I wish that I had, it's super cool. I love the bullet side markers, with the frenched rear quaters, and now comes the big question. Are those real Hayashi STs, or are they the rotas... tried to figure out how to make the Rotas fit on my car and couldn't do it....

Are those real Hayashi STs, or are they the rotas... tried to figure out how to make the Rotas fit on my car and couldn't do it....

Rotas, borrowed from a friend. Just put them on the car for the pics. Never ran them. :P

Car always ran on 16x7 and 16x8 Volk GT-Ps...

Picture_134s1.jpg

Picture_123s1.jpg

Those wheels died a horrible death, so I'm probably swapping on some 16x7 and 16x8 RAYS Gram Light 57Cs...

FYI, they make the Rota Shakotans in a 15x7 +4 that will fit the wagon just fine, if you have 280ZX brakes up front. :thumbup:

i cant remember the exact measurement but u gain 2" of potential offset with 280 struts...i am trying to fit a 0 under the sheetmetal of my goon and i think i will have more intereference in the rear...

just joels red wagon runs zeros and from what he said all the fitament was n the rear...his car is n the pic thread of blue lake....several shots near the end ... if u cant find it i got one in my folder somewhere..

7 wide 0 offset with ZX struts will result is perfectly flush wheels. +4 would probably look better, just a matter of fitting 205s. I dont know the offset of my wheels, but they are believed to be +17 which seems high to me..., but whatever, I have 195s have still have room to the strut tube, though not my collar that is holding the lower spring perch.

Hmmm maybe I need to go look at my math again, I've got stock 510 struts on, but my rota rbs are +22, and the 205s are about 2 mm from the strut tube, and about 4 mm from the fender... unless the ZX struts sitting in the side yard are dramatically different I don't know that +4 will work

280ZX struts/brakes will move the wheel mounting face in 3/4" per side. So anything above a +10 will rub the strut. With 280ZX brakes/struts you actually need something in a +5 to +10 range. :thumbup:

7 wide 0 offset with ZX struts will result is perfectly flush wheels. +4 would probably look better, just a matter of fitting 205s.

15x7 +0 with a 195/50-15, 280ZX struts, dead flush in front, in the back I can juuust slide a business card between the tire and fender lip. :P

I don't think it would work on a 4dr unless you stepped down to a 175/55-15.

Rewind_510.jpg

15x7 +0 with a 195/50-15, 280ZX struts, dead flush in front, in the back I can juuust slide a business card between the tire and fender lip. :P

I don't think it would work on a 4dr unless you stepped down to a 175/55-15.

Rewind_510.jpg

i was thinking a 15x7 +0 and machine two to four mm off the inner face to fit under the rear of my goon...green goon took pics of these same wheels on his goon and i almost sharted....on a four door or goon i found its not the intial lip its the stepped jamb lip that's hard to clear..i liked the 175 55 on his wagon too ... do u think that would be enough on a goon to clear that inner lip...i know the rear camber aids in fitting some pretty dope wheels...goons no camber u run into new fitament issues

.ps still loving your car a day later....i used it in my back ground screensaver bomb i do to my customers when at there shops... your car is featured on every monitor at a company that builds water treatment systems company across the street...i have five or six customers that think its cool when i come change all there back grounds on common computers...(obviously not personal desks) laecon' s goon is all over a metal fab shop down the road too...just joels wagon at a sign shop across town...trisitns car is all over every monitor at desire video... not a customer but i am... hahahaha j/k