pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Needs much more suspension though, that car should be flat..

It's a daily driven car... with 275 lb springs up front, 300 in the rear. Also that turn was a quick left-right and the photographer snapped that pic in the mid-turn at max lean. The angle is kind of weird too.. it really doesn't have THAT much body roll up front. A car doesn't have to be completely flat to handle well either....

I was bored today... I had an extra set of springs laying around so I cut them down to 8" and threw them on the car. I've been wanting to drop the rear a little bit to get rid of all the rake. I think it's just a little too low in the back now... lol.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

In the last pic, the front camber is at -2.2 degrees if I remember correctly. That's a 2-3 inch drop... with -2 degrees of camber in the back before the drop. Probably at -4 or -5 degrees now... I doubt I'll be able to get -1 degree with it this low. It's going a little bit higher tomorrow.

It's totally driveable right now though! :P

I have rear spacers that are 1/2" taller than the ones in there now... but the ride quality is pretty bad compared to what it was before. I think the shorter spring has something to do with it. I'm gonna cut the other springs I pulled out, and leave the short spacers in. The taller the spring I can get away with, the better. The front isn't going any lower... the oil pan is already too low for comfort (again.... it's a daily driver. I don't want to have to worry about stuff like that) and it will most likely hurt the handling if I drop the front more.

^ I like that color, where did you take those photos, seen a few people in that same place....

It's the Marin headlands. it's an old military bunker on the other side of the golden gate bridge. you know, that stuff accross from San Francisco that no body really knows exists? haha. and yeah I wasn't sure on the color when I bought it but I'm starting to love it

here's the rest of the pics from that day.

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/jgong9609/1971%20Datsun%20510%204%20door/

I'm gonna probably go back when I get my timing chain sorted out. it's got black centerlines (or at least look a likes) and hid's in the outboard headlights. it's freakin sweet haha