So how far from the end of the bench was the paper?

Six inches... 

No, it was 20 yards.  They use some newfangled computer gizmo to finger out bullet drop.  So, theoretically, it otter hit point of aim at 100 yards... or so they tell me.  I'll try again Wednesday

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's a good 9mm ammo price

I've been finding some fiocchi for 10.99 for 50 at the bulk ammo place in Rancho. River city gun exchange runs about the same but I forget the brand. I see 12.99 and up all over the place. Been the same price or more in the larger packs.

If you find a lot cheaper let me know.

Yeah, this idiot was taken apart on thetruthaboutguns.com yesterday.  One of my favorite replies was something to the effect, "You want a baseball bat?  First you have to get hit on the head with one.  You want a knife?  First you have to be stabbed.  You want a car?  First you have to be run over by one. etc."

I have no argument either way, but the above argument is empty.

The purpose of a bat is for the sport of baseball. The purpose of a knife is for cutting food, rope, carving, etc.... The purpose of a car is to travel quickly and efficiently. What other purpose does a gun have (excluding guns that were created for the purpose of hunting)  other than shooting?

Consider this post a question of supporting arguments properly, not as a taking sides.

• Like 1

I have no argument either way, but the above argument is empty.

The purpose of a bat is for the sport of baseball. The purpose of a knife is for cutting food, rope, carving, etc.... The purpose of a car is to travel quickly and efficiently. What other purpose does a gun have (excluding guns that were created for the purpose of hunting)  other than shooting?

Consider this post a question of supporting arguments properly, not as a taking sides.

Why exclude hunting guns?  They were designed for shooting as well.  But I'll play along because you obviously mean "Guns are only used for shooting people." or some other tripe.  

Guns are used for the sports of Biathlon, 3-gun, Run-N-Gun, Trap and Skeet, or simply plinking cans, putting holes in paper, and/or ringing gongs from a distance.

Guns are also the best means to equalize force for small, feeble, handicapped, or otherwise disadvantaged people when faced with larger, fitter, able-bodied, or otherwise greater-advantaged attackers.

If I ever was to buy a factory ar pattern rifle, it would be that one.

Not me, I want a straight up, Viet Nam style, M16a1 replica.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/82a8cdf8d6a902cd9bb1c5299c73b6ea/tumblr_mp8lqwHBBt1s57vgxo2_r1_1280.jpg

And while I wouldn't turn down select fire, but it isn't a priority to me.

I've been finding some fiocchi for 10.99 for 50 at the bulk ammo place in Rancho. River city gun exchange runs about the same but I forget the brand. I see 12.99 and up all over the place. Been the same price or more in the larger packs.

If you find a lot cheaper let me know.

Actually found cheaper.

Walmart; perfecta $9.78 on sale for 50

• Like 1

Why exclude hunting guns?  They were designed for shooting as well.  But I'll play along because you obviously mean "Guns are only used for shooting people." or some other tripe.  

Guns are used for the sports of Biathlon, 3-gun, Run-N-Gun, Trap and Skeet, or simply plinking cans, putting holes in paper, and/or ringing gongs from a distance.

Guns are also the best means to equalize force for small, feeble, handicapped, or otherwise disadvantaged people when faced with larger, fitter, able-bodied, or otherwise greater-advantaged attackers.

Actually no, I meant what I had typed. 

Why exclude hunting guns? They were designed for shooting as well. But I'll play along because you obviously mean "Guns are only used for shooting people." or some other tripe.

So guns dismantle natural evolution? Ha

Not like every other facet of life doesn't already do this. So whatever.

Aren't AK47's appropriate for rabbit hunting?

"Guns are also the best means to equalize force for small, feeble, handicapped, or otherwise disadvantaged people when faced with larger, fitter, able-bodied, or otherwise greater-advantaged attackers."

How did I misrepresent this position? This looks like phrasing direct from Darwin. Guns dismantle the relationship between natural advantage/disadvantage and consequence. I went further to state that it doesn't matter because this whole evolution thing is fuct anyway. But regardless, it was not a "straw man" retort. If you were referring to my rabbit hunting comment, I'll leave that alone.

Im trying to decide if falsely implicating my argument as "straw man" actually is a "straw man" which would be awesome. But I'm not sure about that. Either way remember, I don't want our government taking guns away. I like guns. I just wish the bickering was put to rest.

To answer your question: yes please.

• Like 1