• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a garage shotgun tonight. A Stevens Model 320 by Savage Arms.  China made, but fairly simple.  Read a few positive reviews.  Good enough to stash in the garage for summer methhead season and not care if it gets dirty.

• Like 1

i bought a maverick 88 aka mossberg 500 a few weeks ago

i eventually want to get the heat shield and tacstar pisol grips so eventually it'll look like this one without the lazer and side saddle

CIMG2258.jpg

Because I am too dumb to be allowed to carry large-ish quantities of cash when there is an gun show going on, I bought a Walther G22 today.  As a larff, I asked around at some of the booths selling magazines if they happened to have any mags for it.  Two places did!  So, I bought three spares for it... onna-counta you can never have too many magazines.  Amiright?  I also bought a neat very-close-to-matching grey (or is it gray?) NcStar optic to go on top... onna-counta my blind ass can't hit shite with iron sites any more.

• Like 2

A good friend of mine a part of a gun pod cast and was sent an AR from a California company to review. All I have to say is California sucks balls...a bullet button!? Ever heard of that shit!? You have to use the tip of a bullet to press the magazine release!! And the shit tastic 10 round magazines, Jesus Christ, one of them wouldn't even stay in the gun!

CALIFORNIA SUCKS!!!!

end rant.....

....nice buy dimlight, those are fun to shoot!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the call from the gunsmith that my Black Aces Tactical Mossy* is finally ready!  I'm going this afternoon to pick it up.  I can hardly wait.  I'll probably take the Walther G22 to have the barrel threaded for a muzzle device... y'know, while I'm in the area, sort of thing.

*In case I didn't 'splain what that is before (and since I'm far too lazy to go back and look), Black Aces Tactical makes a receiver for a Mossberg 500 which allows one to use Saiga 12 magazines instead of the built-in tube mag.

• Like 3

Apparently there's a drum mag for the Saiga as well?

I have a twenty round drum and almost bought a ten round drum today when I picked up the BAT.  I opted for two ten-round box mags instead and saved thirty bucks.  We'll see what follows me home from tomorrow's gun show. 

That sounds pretty wild...

black-aces-tactical.jpg

Mine isn't quite so flash.  Just a Choate folding stock on a black receiver with 18.5" barrel.  Looks a lot like this 

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2012/12/01/691284_01_remington_870_12ga_with_choate_640.jpg

but with a ten round Saiga mag poking out the bottom.

I have a blackhawk recoil reducing stock on my Mossberg and love it, like shooting a 44mag rifle, maybe 30-30.

I must be recoil-insensitive because 12 gauge doesn't really bother me... Although, having said that, I do recall a sense of, "OK, that's enough of THAT!" the last time I ran several mags of buckshot through the Saiga.

I just shot my XDS9 after installing Talon Grips. SO MUCH BETTER! Now it doesnt leave any grip imprints on your hand and you can definitely fire it for way longer.

I have Truglo TFX sights coming, and a trigger spring kit for it coming which should drop the pull to about 5lbs.

So this morning I was monkeying around with some dummy rounds to see if that Black Aces Tactical Mossy 500 would feed... yeah, not so well.  One Promag stick magazine would feed it but not the SGM stick or Promag drum.  I thought maybe it was the dummy rounds so I set the safety and tried to manually cycle some birdshot rounds through.  No, I didn't accidentally shoot a hole in my wall... the mattress however.  Just kidding.  I did NOT shoot anything.  The birdshot rounds would cycle, for the most part, but it was disquieting.  I decided I'd sling the thing and take it to the gun show with the one mag which fed the dummy rounds.  To make a short story long, I got $500.00 for it and I hope the big scary-looking guy who bought it doesn't recognize me at the next show!