The Orange Wagoooon!

Icehouse

We picked this beauty for 100 bucks, It has been sitting since 93, "ran when parked" The owner said it had a driveline wobble so he stopped driving it. At first we where going to part it out but decide to fix it after we cleaned it up. The photo's will do the talking :D We got it running but don't want to spend any more time on it because we have to get Agusto's car done soon. I just couldn't believe it fired up and idles, after so many years! Most all the electrical works to :D

IMG_0027.JPG

The door is the worst of the rust, for some reason the paint rusted off really bad on the door. Luckily we have a orange door we can swap on :D

IMG_0031.JPG

We emptied out a ton of garbage :(

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

yep its orange with white interior :D

IMG_0029.JPG

We went halfs so Franks taking his cut of the parts we got :D

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

BLING

Amazing huh

IMG_0044.JPG

Thrillen!!!!!!

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reminds me of my old 69 wagon minus the tree growing through the once perfect rear bumper. I changed the plugs and put an electric fuel pump in it and it fired right up shooting acorns out the exhaust, lol. You guys seriously scored on that diamond in the rough though, peace.

Well this car I heard about over a year ago. The Dude that told me was going to buy it originally, but he saw it! He's not really a car dude. So after bugging him for a year or so he gave me the dudes number. From the pics you can tell at first it really was only a 100 dollar car. After a good washing its a 1000 dollar car :D If we get it a good daily driver I think we can get 2500 well if we can get it perfect :D

Woah, a hundred bucks! CHA-CHING!!

Just yesterday I heard about a 69 wagon by me (aka Datsun Wasteland) with 52,000 original miles, and all I've heard about it is it is 'Ready for paint." Could mean it is in pieces and ready for paint, could mean all the drivetrain has been done and it just has some cosmetic issues, who knows, but it is going for $1000. Which, depending on what it is, what's in it, interior, is prolly a great price for New England. But for 10 times less on that orange one, you indeed scored!!

Take a bow!

It was parked near some tree's, I think its been repainted and the door had some rust that wasn't fixed right so the paint held water. Before we washes it a lot of the paint was still on the door. I will get a close ip shot so you guys can see how the rust spread, its kinda interesting :)

its got moss of the N side, and the S, E, & W :lol:

how much change did you find? probabaly spent a $100 in quarters cleaning it :lol:

SCORE!

Frank is the car was maintenance dude, so we basically got a good deal :D

You should have cleaned the interior, windows, and engine bay and just left all the moss on it. Total patina!

PS-lower it please.

I totally wanted to do that, it would look so sick slammed and mossy :D Wagon's are a bitch to get low! Well our low anyways :D I wanted to tell Frank I want to take out my half of the suspension travel haha since its half mine :D The only problem I see with slamming it is some buyers may not want a super low car..... I don't know why :D

That is crazy, how does a 70's model car survive outdoors like that for so long without rusting completey?

Wish we could find wagon examples like that over here, unfortunately 99 percent of them have had a hard life, so you still pay $1200 AUD for a rolling wagon shell that needs a shitload of work.

Congrats again, go the wagon.

Thank you for saving another classic Datsun.

If we all saved a few a year there would be ton's of datto's on the road :D

Nice find...heres my $ 100.00 orange Dime. I found it sitting in a field in the boondocks of Maine. Interior is gutted but the motor runs fairly well.When the other projects are done, this will become a track only car.

019_06A.jpg

Dude that car almost looks to nice to turn into a race car! I'm sure you've thought it over though :D

looks really good after the cleanup. Orange is a great color

My favorite color actually :D

That is crazy, how does a 70's model car survive outdoors like that for so long without rusting completey?

Wish we could find wagon examples like that over here, unfortunately 99 percent of them have had a hard life, so you still pay $1200 AUD for a rolling wagon shell that needs a shitload of work.

Congrats again, go the wagon.

Thats weird wagon's are cheap over here, well actually all of them are in comparison. I think there are more datto's fans in your neck of the woods :D

Very cool find, will love to see how the rest of it turns out.

Yeah we already have some interested people, they want to buy it but it has to be road worthy. It runs great, which is amazing but who know how long the L series will last after having that much down time.

Awesome Before and After pictures Icehouse:D! Will you post it for sale soon? If so, How much?

As it sits with we would take 600, not that we want to turn a huge profit but we have already invested a lot of time and put a few new bits on it. Like a much cleaner dash pad, almost perfect!