68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The big Datsun events are done for the year. Next one is Golden Gardens, the last weekend in March 2008.

Until then its up to us to just set up a time and place to hang out for an evening.... or day. :)

oh, Ray is having a Datsun/Nissan meet at XXX Drive through in Issiquah on the 29th at Noon I think. Check the events section.

Time for the mini tub :D Thanks for the idea Duke!

P1010080.JPG

P1010081.JPG

P1010082.JPG

P1010084.JPG

P1010085.JPG

P1010086.JPG

P1010087.JPG

P1010088.JPG

P1010089.JPG

I wish I was a machinest then I could have custom parts.... instead I'm a tin bender..... so all I can do is half ass body work.... No throttle bodys for me.... :(

The rocker got a little warped... dam mud gun! It doesn't bother me, it matches the rest of the car :D I have to re mud it anyways... But with very little camber the tire clears the fender lip. I still have to finish the other side and do some seam sealing and under coating.

• Like 1

-brand new here but I just read this thread. Awesome '68 project - I'm doing one myself. I chuckled to see you wonder about the small set of holes along the tailpanel. I wondered the same thing!! After research, I found the '68's had individual letters as a badge back there D-A-T-S-U-N

Thank's for posting all the pics. It's inspirational for my project, which is further behind and progressing MUCH MORE SLOWLY. Mine has involved lots of cutting and fabrication to fit a VG30et - I'll post something someday if I can figure out how to post pics.

Hey Icehouse, I just read this whole thread. I have been trying to go back and read old threads and search for stuff that I'm interested in or have questions about, as well as look at new stuff as it come in. I finally got to this one.

I just wanna say that threads like this give me inspiration to keep thrashing on my 620. I am new to the area and don't really know anybody here. When ever I meet new people and we start talking about what we are into, they think I'm crazy to be putting all the time, money and energy into a Datsun of all things. It comes under the heading of "If I gotta 'splain it to ya, you ain't gonna git it anyway".

I have been taking pics of my truck through the process and some day I'll get it together to start a thread. I'm in the trades too, and had a project fall through in August, so I took the opportunity to make a lot of progress on the truck. You know the drill... when every you have the time you don't have money and when you have the money it's because you are working.

I love the way you fit your IC behind the grill and the exhaust tunnel. Very cool.

So what's the full specs on those rims "size, manufacture", I like the look of them even if they don't match :P

I did measure them exactly... I suspect they are as follows, I did measure the width just not the offset

15x6.5 with a +20 or so for the fronts and 15x7 zero in the back. They are both Works rims and the same style the fronts are 3 piece welded rims and the backs are 3 piece bolted. I have some shitty phone pics I'm going to upload :D a better view of the rig and rims.

Hey Icehouse, I just read this whole thread. I have been trying to go back and read old threads and search for stuff that I'm interested in or have questions about, as well as look at new stuff as it come in. I finally got to this one.

I just wanna say that threads like this give me inspiration to keep thrashing on my 620. I am new to the area and don't really know anybody here. When ever I meet new people and we start talking about what we are into, they think I'm crazy to be putting all the time, money and energy into a Datsun of all things. It comes under the heading of "If I gotta 'splain it to ya, you ain't gonna git it anyway".

I have been taking pics of my truck through the process and some day I'll get it together to start a thread. I'm in the trades too, and had a project fall through in August, so I took the opportunity to make a lot of progress on the truck. You know the drill... when every you have the time you don't have money and when you have the money it's because you are working.

I love the way you fit your IC behind the grill and the exhaust tunnel. Very cool.

Thanks dude :D Its getting there anyways :D

You should start a project thread.... Maybe you have already I better check :D Use trades dudes gots to stick together :D

yeah.. most people dont get the obsession with the dattos.. the guys that seem to like my 521 the most are the hispanics.. they allways have a story about how they used to have one in mexico.

Most people are lazy and want new bolt togather "project/lowrider" no style if you ask me..... I told myself I will drive a datto till the end.... Shit who know that could be sooner than I think :D I have 3 running now!!! yeah I'm the shit!!! That leaves 1 to go!

IMG00199.JPG

How many 510's do you see?

IMG00197.JPG

IMG00198.JPG

I count 3 510's :D

EDIT: By the way the car looks SICK! I really like those rims.

Ding Ding Ding! we have a winner :D

Car looks fucking awesome Jeff...love the stance.

Thanks Dudes!! I'm glad it turned out as good as it did... feww :D

I want to get stiffer springs for the back, I have 185's on my rear coilovers..... Dam I want the 300's back :( It squats way to much off the line. I may go up a tad in the back... or go down a little in the front. Down in the front now that I think about it :D Some how its never low enough :)

Looks great Jeff. makes me want to keep the BRE lip after all. I'm interested to hear your take on those brackets as well.

Now you'll have to bring it down sometime soon for our tuesday meets. Maybe when we get going on our top secret datsun project ;)