68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

my window seals are pretty much fucked... i have huge holes in floor board.. not to mention ones i've drilled.. so i hear ya .. i have my heater on full blast and i usualy dont even feel it... but thats on "defrost" an my controls are fucked so i just have a simple on / off switch an im too lazy to readjust the setting all the time so i just leave it on defrost.. dont get me wrong.. im not freezin to death.. after its "warmed" up anyways..

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any pictures?

I've been collecting rare parts for 1968-69 510's for awhile now.

I'm waiting for that right car to come around.

I have NOS complete rear lights, yup this one is ultra rare.

and 4 more complete (used) spare tail light assembly.

68-69 Clock

68 Grill assembly

68 euro front markers

my window seals are pretty much fucked... i have huge holes in floor board.. not to mention ones i've drilled.. so i hear ya .. i have my heater on full blast and i usualy dont even feel it... but thats on "defrost" an my controls are fucked so i just have a simple on / off switch an im too lazy to readjust the setting all the time so i just leave it on defrost.. dont get me wrong.. im not freezin to death.. after its "warmed" up anyways..

Sounds exactly like me! haha I bundle up before I get in :D I did get one door panel on, what a difference that made!

Any pictures?

I've been collecting rare parts for 1968-69 510's for awhile now.

I'm waiting for that right car to come around.

I have NOS complete rear lights, yup this one is ultra rare.

and 4 more complete (used) spare tail light assembly.

68-69 Clock

68 Grill assembly

68 euro front markers

Yeah they are all pretty much bad :D Well the new ones anyways :D

I've been looking for a old dash clock, I will trade you a 70's style dash clock for it :D

pictures of ice's 510? ... read the whole thread...

It should be a requirement for all new members :D

its funny goin by an old guy in a datsun... cause his is all stock and poopy.. then i go by screamin rippin gears an they're like.. ?!?!??? how he do dat? hahahaha :fu:

When I'm driving my 620 I always slow down and pace other 620s so I can give them thumbs up. They seem confused when I do most the time... Then I take off, I'm not much for the slow lane :D

Yeah, I always wanted to see that old guy in the crusty 510 2dr, bone stock, that I spot around the area occasionally, but I'm never in MY 510 when I see him... :mad: And pull up beside, say "nice car", and rip him a new one... :P

haha That would be rad!

2eDeYe;26506']Ha...lot's of pics....when it's dark outside...the cars half covered...or it's about the size of a dime (pun intended)...

Take your pic...lol

Ice...WHERES THE DAMN PIC'S!!!!!!

:fu:

O yeah!

P1010028.JPG

Okay your right.... it is always night time and the pictures always suck! :fu: hehe

Haha I got to get some good ones for you guys :D

Dang that shit's low... :D

Not low enough! I'm going to redo the crossmember, raise it and the engine so I can go lower with the car. I want to redesign the rack setup to, it works very well I just want a narrower track width so I can run the same offset front and rear.

yea i'll pace them for a sec if im goin the same direction... 9 times out of 10 im going opposite direction.. good thing my exhaust exists on the driver side so they get a nice ear full ;)

Mine is a straight pipe so it doesn't matter where they are they can't escape hahaha :D

Now for some daytime shots :D

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

The last pic is for Thrillin Dillon :D

Damn Jeff, looks pretty schweet! The stance looks good, but I think mine's still lower! (haha) You car makes me want to shave my side vents...hhhmmm. But then I think that our cars would look really alike!

aww cheer up ice (last pic) haha

i never noticed your wiper setup before, i like it. :thumbup:

edit: i was just lookin at pics of tiltnose... am i just now noticing that 510's have a wiper setup like that? or is that just a certain year? or am i retarded?

it's funny to me, i don't know why, but as much as i like the idea of airride, somethin about a static drop that's super dumped is way cooler to me. maybe it gets extra points just cause it takes a lil more dedication to drive around with no ground clearance. a buddy of mine that had a civic hb would always have random lil pieces of grass somewhere on his car cause the apt complex he lived in had big goofy speed bumps and he would just ride out in the grass to go around them. haha

i am really glad to see you drivin it, i was surprised how quickly you got it all put together and runnin, but maybe that's just cause if i ever had a car stripped down like you did it would take me forever to get it back on the road. maybe i'm just lazy... ha. that's it.

anyway, good job ice. and nice pics.. finally. :)

Damn Jeff, looks pretty schweet! The stance looks good, but I think mine's still lower! (haha) You car makes me want to shave my side vents...hhhmmm. But then I think that our cars would look really alike!

Yeah I know.... My brain tells me lower but my oil pan says NO! :D I'm going to work on a new crossmember which will raise everything. I haven't decided how far to take it. The longer I think about the crazier the ideas get. I'm sure I could get at least another 1.5 inches of ground clearance but if I raise the tranny tunnel I'm sure 4 would be easy. Then I think shit I could raise the frame rails and the suspension geometry would be closer.... Then I think well why not take it one step farther and get some aluminum A arms in there......... i like stuff that bolts on to the factory bolt holes so I may just go 1.5 or raise the tranny tunnel a inch or so, since it wouldn't be to big a deal. I will have to raise the wiper motor again though :(

I doubt anyone will notice how similar are cars are since they are a few states away :lol: Unless we park them next to each other at Canby, that would be bad ass!

aww cheer up ice (last pic) haha

haha :D

i never noticed your wiper setup before, i like it. :thumbup:

edit: i was just lookin at pics of tiltnose... am i just now noticing that 510's have a wiper setup like that? or is that just a certain year? or am i retarded?

68 only for the wipers, and 2 doors didn't start until half way through the production year aka very very rare rig :D Tiltnose's wipers like everything on his car are custom :D

it's funny to me, i don't know why, but as much as i like the idea of airride, somethin about a static drop that's super dumped is way cooler to me. maybe it gets extra points just cause it takes a lil more dedication to drive around with no ground clearance. a buddy of mine that had a civic hb would always have random lil pieces of grass somewhere on his car cause the apt complex he lived in had big goofy speed bumps and he would just ride out in the grass to go around them. haha

I think so to :D Static drop in my mind is better for handling, which I am way into :D It will be lower O yes it will be lower :D

I'm really glad to see you drivin it, i was surprised how quickly you got it all put together and runnin, but maybe that's just cause if i ever had a car stripped down like you did it would take me forever to get it back on the road. maybe i'm just lazy... ha. that's it.

anyway, good job ice. and nice pics.. finally. :)

I wanted to have it running quicker but not living where my rig is adds a bit of a challenge :( If only I could fix the boost leaks!! Thats a real bitch!! Me and Frank tamed like 5 or 6 today but I have a few leaks in some welds. The look good but 10psi and some soap tells me there not :D

2eDeYe;26670']It's about time :D

Look's good :cool:

Thanks dude :D I when you get your rig going we should do a photo shoot. How cool would it be. A black 620 kc and a white dime! :D

i got better pics of the swaybar setup on mine' date=' if thatll help...:mellow:[/quote']

Its a front sump pan? If so hell yeah :D

Very cool Jeff. :cool:

I haven't visited this thread in a long time. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Its nice to see you finally did it.

IMG_1800.JPG

Took a decent picture that is.:D

haha tell me about it :D I want to clean up the burn makes so I can get some really good pics :D Maybe with some smoke involved :eek:

Damn Jeff, it is total hottness! Congrats on making it happen.

With every datto I get better.... I just need to practice on the body work :D I really like flat paint though. Shiny is nice though, makes washing it worth while :)

So I'm guessing that the sump hangs down below the front X-member? If it does, that sucks! Makes me hesitant to do the KA swap...why couldn't you just take a little off of the sump and give it a little hammer head style to compensate for the different height. I would think that if the sump is even with the front x-member then you could lower it a bit more. I'm just a little leary of raising the engine to get the car lower. I think that it would do more good than bad, especially in terms of center of gravity. Hell, just make it a dry-sump and not worry about it anymore ;)

Its a front sump pan? If so hell yeah :D

they way its set up it would work for either type. the bar goes through the frame so there is no interference.

i send em tommorow.

Hell, just make it a dry-sump and not worry about it anymore ;)

or this :D

Thanks dude :D I when you get your rig going we should do a photo shoot. How cool would it be. A black 620 kc and a white dime! :D

Fo sho! Hopefully back to work on it in the next month. Should have my new (to me) straight frame and cab in a couple weekends then they're off to the blasters :D

So I'm guessing that the sump hangs down below the front X-member? If it does, that sucks! Makes me hesitant to do the KA swap...why couldn't you just take a little off of the sump and give it a little hammer head style to compensate for the different height. I would think that if the sump is even with the front x-member then you could lower it a bit more. I'm just a little leary of raising the engine to get the car lower. I think that it would do more good than bad, especially in terms of center of gravity. Hell, just make it a dry-sump and not worry about it anymore ;)

The oil pan doesn't actually hang down past the crossmember its about .5" higher. I'm using an s12 crossmember I can't remember if it hangs lower than a 510 on or not. The SR pan is crazy small, maybe 2" deep and 9" x 9" so not much room for modification.

Why do you think raising the engine to lower the car is bad? What if I raised the engine 2" but then dropped the car 2"? basically the engine will be in the same spot relative to the earth. It will just make the car lower. Dry sump looks expensive and complicated. it would be worth it though :D Its gotta be low!!

they way its set up it would work for either type. the bar goes through the frame so there is no interference.

i send em tommorow.

Where did you get it?

2eDeYe;26950'']Fo sho! Hopefully back to work on it in the next month. Should have my new (to me) straight frame and cab in a couple weekends then they're off to the blasters :D

You bastard! haha If I ever strip a whole car down its going to the baster for sure!

Finally, my SR is running sweet!!! For anyone who has never owned a Nissan turbo engine I will bring you up to speed. MAF + Turbo + shitty hose clamps = no boost and your car sounds like a fire cracker. Last week I bought some fancy hose clamps from a Semi shop by franks place. I built a test gauge that replaces my MAF. Frank keep the pressure around 10lbs while checking for leaks. We dam near fixed every leak, there was a few pin holes in a few of my welds which we tried to fix. For the most part we did :D After the first test run it still ran like shit!!! So I gave tiltnose a call to see what his opinion was. I told him the story and a few other that might be usefully tid bits. He said I should try a different MAF, check the voltage on my TPS and check the spark plug gap. I lost my other MAF so I skipped to the other 2 items. So my TPS was at .16 volts at idle, I bumped it up to .35ish. Then re gapped the spark plugs, one had a lot bigger gap than the rest. I wasn't expecting it to run any better just because of my luck on it lately..... But dam that bitch runs insanely well!!! Thanks for the advice Mark, my SR is back :D The s13 on the freeway wasn't to happy about it either :D hehe