• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2eDeYe;27433'']Sweet, I wanna go for a ride :D

Okay :D It doesn't have seatbelts though :eek:

haha poor s13, was it a ka s13? was it even turbo?? either way haha.. people hate losing to datto's.. seriously boggles they're mind.. i wonder if they loose sleep over it HA :fu: em

It was turboed, who knows what engine though. It seems like every golden gardens the ka's get fewer and fewer.

if i remember right.. there was like.. 3 or 4 ka's... and 3 of 4 were turbo ka's.. the rest were all sr's.. either way.. i like s13's.. but would rather smoke one in a datto.. im sure you know what i mean, we missed you at blue lake :( too bad you couldnt make it.. next golden gardens im going to bring my truck instead of the ex's se-r .. i trust my truck enough to take it anywhere now.. as long as i bring some basic tools and a can of gas anyways haha!

My basic tool is my cell phone and a friend in the nearest town :D hehe I thought it would be cool if we had a "Datsun AAA" thread, so if someone broke down in a farther in average away town the could post what they need and maybe someone near them could give them a hand. I do forget that not everyone has a cell phone with the internet though :( In theory its a good idea....

I owned a s13 once, they are alright. They just take money away from the datto's thats why I got rid of it.

Datto AAA would rock! but ya not everyone has phones with internet.. however having datto folks phone #'s helps.. i have kiznook and nismopu's #'s they get calls from me when i dunno WTF to do

Thats what I do to :D So far I've had decent luck with my datto's usually if I can limp it to a gas station I can fix it with little to no tools.

x2 :P

But after seeing the one on here I am giving some thought to getting one as a daily driver so I can paint the blue 4dr. :D

If only it wasn't so easy to sink 8k into one :( I had a ton into mine, it was only an average one.

yeah my heater core hose burst one time.. i fixed it with a pocket knife and a dime.. used the time to loosen an tighten the hose clamps and the pocket knife to shorten the hose 2 inchs.. another time my valve cover gasket blew.. good ol' oil pressure gauge let me know that i had 0 oil pressure.. i pulled into a gas station got 3 quarts of oil then limped it to the part store where i replaced the gasket in the parking lot.. had a 22pc craftsmen tool set under the seat.. other then that my trucks never givin me trouble.. i've ran out of gas a few times tho.. but it doesnt help the the tank sits funny in the bed so the gauge dont work right.. i'd put it under the bed if the brackets were there.. im still thinkin im gonna get a fuel cell.. when i can offord one.. other then that my datto doesnt really give me trouble (knock on wood)

If only it wasn't so easy to sink 8k into one :( I had a ton into mine, it was only an average one.

Precisely why I sold the first one. I had nearly $6K into it after the SR swap and I wanted to drop another $1500-2000 in suspension, another $1000 on wheels...

It's not hard to sink $10K into one of those. Or a 510 for that matter. But I'd rather have that 510 than that S13. ;)

If I get this S13, it'll just be springs and wheels. No mas. :D

yeah my heater core hose burst one time.. i fixed it with a pocket knife and a dime.. used the time to loosen an tighten the hose clamps and the pocket knife to shorten the hose 2 inchs.. another time my valve cover gasket blew.. good ol' oil pressure gauge let me know that i had 0 oil pressure.. i pulled into a gas station got 3 quarts of oil then limped it to the part store where i replaced the gasket in the parking lot.. had a 22pc craftsmen tool set under the seat.. other then that my trucks never givin me trouble.. i've ran out of gas a few times tho.. but it doesnt help the the tank sits funny in the bed so the gauge dont work right.. i'd put it under the bed if the brackets were there.. im still thinkin im gonna get a fuel cell.. when i can offord one.. other then that my datto doesnt really give me trouble (knock on wood)

haha been there :D I had a 521 that only held 1.5 gallons before it started leaking out. I ran out of gas all the time :D

So what would that M3 have to say now with your car running nice? He'd be saying how low your car sits from behind.

I demand a rematch :D I want to race a rb car now that mine is running good ;)

Precisely why I sold the first one. I had nearly $6K into it after the SR swap and I wanted to drop another $1500-2000 in suspension, another $1000 on wheels...

It's not hard to sink $10K into one of those. Or a 510 for that matter. But I'd rather have that 510 than that S13. ;)

If I get this S13, it'll just be springs and wheels. No mas. :D

Thats about the exact figures I had in mine. It's crazy how fast it adds up. I did buy the exedy 3 stage clutch though :D After 3 different cars it still works :D

2eDeYe;27618'']I'm still down! :D

Okay but I need a rid in the G35 :D

I keep coming to this thread to look for more photos of your car, I love it, its my style, low, fast, with attitude. I need more pics lol!!!! I'm on a mission to find a 510 to start my build and this project forum is fantastic, lots of great resto's and lots of fabrication ideas. You wouldn't be selling that car by chance would you? J/K;)

I keep coming to this thread to look for more photos of your car, I love it, its my style, low, fast, with attitude. I need more pics lol!!!! I'm on a mission to find a 510 to start my build and this project forum is fantastic, lots of great resto's and lots of fabrication ideas. You wouldn't be selling that car by chance would you? J/K;)

Thanks dude :D Once I get the quarters fixed I will do another photo shoot :D

haha, doughnuts, I had an italian friend who called them bagels...

Jeff, I never really responded to why I didn't like the idea of raising the engine/x-member, or channeling the car in hot rod speak (or body dropping, in mini truck language). Well, after thinking about it, I don't really see any reason not do do it. Other than hood clearance, it would be a cool thing to do (just as long as you don't have to put a bump in the hood...SOOOOO ugly). Many unibody race cars are "channeled" in a similar way, but they mostly do it for aero reasons (any you can't call a 510 aerodynamic at all). So the only reason that you would be doing it would be for asthetic reasons. And I guess thats the only problem that I have with it. Such a big undertaking just for the look of the car is kinda silly. Do a dual a-arm front suspension before you channel it.

BTW-I just shaved the side vents on my car, and painted the 1/4 windows and window frames black...hope they don't look to much alike!

Jeff, we should get some people together and do a track day at Pacific Raceways. Get a few 1/4 mile runs in. I've never done that before and I'd like to see how good I can do compared to what a professional can get out of a 350Z stock. :D ...and to see if you can beat a VQ