68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

Jeff, if I know you, you could have it running/driving and with most problems sorted out by Canby! I like the I/C mount, looks very neat.

haha I have been doing 12hrs days, I want to drive it asap but I also don't want to have to put it back in the shop for a while so I may spend the added time. There isn't enough trucks so I wanted to bring mine :D + I'm a one of those all datsun guys, for some reason I love them all! I was thinking about it and I'm the only person I know who owns only datsuns.... Wait my buddy cookapoop does but thats it. I'm building a exhaust tunnel to, this ones going to be low :D

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about it and I'm the only person I know who owns only datsuns.... Wait my buddy cookapoop does but thats it. :D

ha! You talk about how old skool you are, but on average the engines and suspension/brakes you run are newer than my cars! Both your 510 there and the truck have newer engines than my 1988 Pulsar.

My Z is running all original stuff. You put a 510 running the factory L16 against my stock L28et and we'll see about whos fast then. ;)

also, we haven't hung out in forever. We need to go do some donuts or something downtown

I was thinking about it and I'm the only person I know who owns only datsuns....

Hey Jeff I only own Datsuns too I've had two 510's, 7 Z cars a 620 and 720 so your not alone. Oh I have a yamaha dirt bike, but if Datsun made dirtbikes I'de own one of those too.

I was thinking about it and I'm the only person I know who owns only datsuns....

Hey Jeff I only own Datsuns too I've had two 510's, 7 Z cars a 620 and 720 so your not alone. Oh I have a yamaha dirt bike, but if Datsun made dirtbikes I'de own one of those too.

I've owned other cars over the years... Only one american car and it only lasted 1 day and the tranny broke. Now I only own datsun's :D O and I also have one Yamaha, motor cycles are the shit!! :D

your work looks good that SR looks good huge intercooler going for big power?

I Bought the all the stuff for a 240sx 3 years ago this august, I just keep swapping it into different cars :D Its always been in my daily drive with a few exceptions. That engine has been to cali once and Oregon countless times. I hear people dog the SR and the quality of the used engines. I can say from first hand that my SR was on its second clutch when I got it. This tells me it was driven hard in Japan, the clip had 70,000km. That was 3 years ago and I've drove the shit out of it a@ 10-12 psi It still runs great doesn't loose any oil in-between changes and still runs perfect. I have a extra SR that I bought 2 years ago and it just sits on my shop floor gathering dust, I was so sure mine was going to blow the way I treated it haha I guess not :D

I just deleted like 3 paragraphs.... that sucks!!! O well I'm just going to post the pics... Thanks for the floor ka-510

IMG00157.JPG.jpg

IMG00156.JPG.jpg

IMG00155.JPG.jpg

Nice job on the floors...

wanna help me do mine in a couple of months?

:)

IF you get every piece cut to fit, we could work something out :D

Jeeze Jeff, with that exhaust tunnel, how low are you going for?

As low as possible :D The biggest problem I have is the wheels I have are FWD offset, so the hit the inner fender well if I go to low. At that hight the camber is REALY bad. So I'm going to slot a crossmember then I hope the wheels will fit. I really hate when the exhaust rubs the ground to!!! It creates exhaust leaks.

• 2 weeks later...

Icehouse... are you still lacking a Camera???

Bought my G/F a new Camera today.. the old one should get put to good use!!

Call it a Tithe to the Divine Creator.

Or is it wolf man?

redwagon003.jpg

Well I was planning on just "Gifting" it to you, so that I could see the progress on your Datsun's.. and I'd like to be able to see any fab work you do as far as turboing your KA.. anyhow you should document your work so we can see it, MKLOTZ has been doing a great job of it, so should you:D

I can mail it, or I can give it to you in person at Canby..

Well I was planning on just "Gifting" it to you, so that I could see the progress on your Datsun's.. and I'd like to be able to see any fab work you do as far as turboing your KA.. anyhow you should document your work so we can see it, MKLOTZ has been doing a great job of it, so should you:D

I can mail it, or I can give it to you in person at Canby..

Person would be great!!

make sure you don't hand it to him until AFTER he's fallen on the ground in front of you!!! :)

haha That was funny :D I don't think I will be able to out due myself, but I will try:D

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I got a camera I have no excuse :D

P1010045.JPG

The 68 tail pannel is so clean!

P1010044.JPG

Yep the windows are in :)

P1010046.JPG

P1010048.JPG

one hot r180 :D Thanks for polishing it Turbo Frank

P1010047.JPG

Looks hot Jeff, how'd the rear cross member fab work go?

Its still in the works, I need to meet up with Slodat and get my arms. I was gong to weld the brackets on with a different set of arms. I got thinking and decided I should do it with the arms I'm going to use. I haven't been able to reach Steve so its kinda at a halt :( I'm getting close on the CV's though :D Its coming togather.... Slowly though.....

I did start messing with the wiring, I have a few boxes of 70's wiring, I tried plugging the dash harness into a 69 speedo and it fit. Are the dash harnesses the same? I am going to rock my car with just the dash shell so I can redo the wiring under the dash. Before I had a huge ball of X engine bay wires. My goal is to have it a little more manageable.