68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah its going to be tuff :( I have to do something, a inch of bondo isn't cool :mad: I have a quarter panel in my moms barn maybe I can patch it with that :D Its only the skin though.

For something like that you need a stud gun. It weld a little copper stud onto the surface and you grab it with a small slide bar hammer and pull it out. Cut the stud of and grind of the excess and your ready for filler. Anywhere you dont have to put a seam from replacing steel is going to last much longer than if you cut it out and seam it. Looking good so far man, at least someone takes pride in their work!!!! :D

explain the reverse pedals for me please.. what do they do?

They keep you brake master away from the huge turbo you are going to run by moving the brake and clutch master under the dash :D I had big plans for a 510, when I took on my first project car :D

For something like that you need a stud gun. It weld a little copper stud onto the surface and you grab it with a small slide bar hammer and pull it out. Cut the stud of and grind of the excess and your ready for filler. Anywhere you dont have to put a seam from replacing steel is going to last much longer than if you cut it out and seam it. Looking good so far man, at least someone takes pride in their work!!!! :D

Thanks for the input I never thought about the lasting part of my replacement panels. What about pounding them from the back side? I can get to most of the big dents that way. I'm trying to take pride in my work :D

• 3 weeks later...

I know its been a while since I have posted anything but I really have been putting countless hours in body work in my rig. My goal was to have it done by the beginning of the month haha yeah right, with my skill level :D I used 1 gallon of filler on the ruff, I sanded most of it off though :D

IMG_0731.JPG

This panel still needs a lot of sanding.

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

I was going to sand all the primer off that went on bad on my first attempt but I just sanded it smooth instead... Its been taking way to many hours as it is....

Sweet!! That's coming out really smooth! I'll drop off the NL after Canby and let you do it!! :) hhmm....I suppose I might as well throw the vg in the back and you can drop that in too!!!! Should only take you about a week?? :)

Thanks guys :D

No Jason I have been doing all the sanding by hand :( Its not perfect by any means but way better than it was. I'm trying to get it done soon! haha I know

by hand?!! In that case, maybe you should do my NL down here....I have all the air tools for that stuff!! :)

....but then again....if you want to do it by hand, you can get started on it while it's parked at Canby!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
that looks sweet!!!!!!!!

Very nice. The SR looks good in there; and I see you got the intercooler behind the factory sheetmetal. :D

I did it just for you buddy :D

Lookin' good Jeff! You going to be ready for Canby?

Haha Well I'm glad you think I'm that good :D Well besides the engine in the unpainted engine bay the whole car is stripped. There is no brake lines no fuel lines I could go on for ever. O I did bolt the trunk lid on though, so I guess I'm going up hill :D

Very sweet! I much prefer the IC behind the sheet metal :)

Me to, I still have do do a bunch of fab work to restore the front to factory strength though :( I figure I'm a sheet metal guy for a living it shouldn't be to bad.... Right?