IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

My next dent I have to figure out :( Its a tuff one, not that the rockers weren't.

IMG_0584.JPG

Yep they are gone haha Soon to be on ebay :D

IMG_0585.JPG

Yes the rocker does kinda kick out, I kept walking back and forth to my 4 door to try and figure out exactly how they are supposed to look and that is what I came up with..... With a little dondo they will be perfect :D

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

more to fix...

IMG_0594.JPG

And more....

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

still haven't done the rear either.....

IMG_0592.JPG

Look whats under the bumper.... aaawwwww

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

no more datsun badge.

IMG_0589.JPG

I've been using my 4 door engine bay as a template since it already has all the whole I will need.

I have a question for the 510 dudes on this sight, have you seen a 68 with these wholes? The look like they where for trim, the car was only painted once and they filled the wholes. There is a spot at the very back where there looks like there may have been a badge, I used black marker to make them show up better so they might look crooked but in real life they are perfectly level, except the 3 near the end kinda drop down to maybe center the badge? Anyways...

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2eDeYe;5666'']Good luck with that compounded dent...maybe cut it out and use three peices to rebuild the area??

Yeah its going to be tuff :( I have to do something, a inch of bondo isn't cool :mad: I have a quarter panel in my moms barn maybe I can patch it with that :D Its only the skin though.

AAWW shit thats a great idea Jason, I think KA-510 has a fender that I could get for a fair price. I have way more rust to fix though... I've decide I was a wuss back in the day, the rocker rust is cake to fix, Dents are way harder for me to concur :)

damn Jeff, looking nice!

it looks like you car was set up for the trim moldings like on the Jap and Aussie 521's...I have seen a dime on some Jap site that had the side chrome as well...

the chrome ran from the front marker along the side to the back...

I've been looking for a set for my 521 ever since I saw them...

been outbid 3 times so far on Aussie auctions for the pieces...

keep it coming!

AAWW shit thats a great idea Jason, I think KA-510 has a fender that I could get for a fair price. I have way more rust to fix though... I've decide I was a wuss back in the day, the rocker rust is cake to fix, Dents are way harder for me to concur :)

I can't take the credit for that one, Byron pointed that out to me one day. Hope it works for you.

I stole Hollys camera agian :D

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

So I used a shitty paint gun so I'm going to have to sand all that back off :( O well live and learn I guess. I thought my body work turned out really well though :D

IMG_0614.JPG

Notice how the car was hit once or maybe twice in the drivers corner. Luckily my bondo skills will make that dent disappear :D

IMG_0615.JPG

I had to cut out all the rust :( The weirdest thing about rust is how much farther it goes once you dig in.

IMG_0617.JPG

Yeah I fixed all that rust :D When I first got into 510's the rust used to scare me.... Now I just look at it as time :D haha

IMG_0618.JPG

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Cut it down with some 220 grit,then mix (a batch reduced 50% more than directions say to fill in the sand scratches left by the 220),the best final sand in a non base clear paint is 400 grit,base clear should have a minimum of 600 grit for final sand,If you are doing it all indoors make sure that the prime has enough time to fully shrink heat works best,(best is heat lamps or natural sunlight.)It is a timely job to do(I did it for a living for 8 yrs)Now its my hobby(I like it that way)

Looking good Jeff

I'm glad a real body guy says its going good, that makes me feel good about it. I have a long journey to travel. I like the after paint the best putting all the little pieces back on, now that is fun :D

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Jeff,when you use the spray gun,try and make the fan as wide as possible ,Less material buildup on the surface,makes for alot less build up and less to take off,

wax on wax off,kinda deal:)

Dude the gun I used had no adjustment, well it had one knob but it didn't do anything. On the box it said "hobby" gun.... I think thats where I went wrong. I got the gun for free at work, new in the box. Now I know why.....