Canby 2010 Pictures

awesome photos/videos dudes! looks like a really rad drinking event with some cars and tents too. really bummed that i had to work. couldnt make the drive from LA. NEXT YEAR!

anyone know the owner of the red 2 door with the carbon fiber flares and the rotary engine? dying for more pics!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now for the annual reminder........let's not forget that alcohol is still not allowed in the fairgrounds. I'm not bringing this up to try to stop it, but simply remind you guys that the more blatantly you put it in front of everyone's face, the more likely you will force the fairground's (or DatsunsNW's) hand and they will have no choice but to enforce it or kick us out. The club is really starting to enjoy the Ratsun people, but if you get the club kicked out of the fairgrounds, I'm betting that will change. The fairgrounds is a perfect venue and I think the club would sooner ban Ratsun than lose the use of it. It's one thing to have some drinks, loosen up and have a great time, but is it really necessary to get completely shit faced? You can get shift faced anywhere, anytime, but doing it at Canby might ruin it for everyone. You guys seem to forget that the club prez is a member on here and will most likely see all this. I doubt he'll say anything unless he has to.......so I'm just saying, don't make him have to! :)

If I were one of the guys that had to get a hotel because the rules said no dogs.....then see everyone posting pics of all the other rules being broken...I'd feel a bit cheated.

359 days left until Canby 2011 :) Time to get busy :)

IMG_4013.jpg

every one must have been in a mood not one ratsun salute...and how the hell did i end up front and center

:rofl: theres always a Ratsun salute!!! :lol: just look at my right hand :fu:

here's the other RaTsUn group shot, skib was the only one that got one in.

IMG_4012.jpg

and Im saluting Joey in this one :lol:

And now for the annual reminder........let's not forget that alcohol is still not allowed in the fairgrounds. I'm not bringing this up to try to stop it, but simply remind you guys that the more blatantly you put it in front of everyone's face, the more likely you will force the fairground's (or DatsunsNW's) hand and they will have no choice but to enforce it or kick us out.

Well said, and as one that has been kicked out for this exact thing...it's not Daves nor the Facilities fault for anyone getting kicked out. The one that broke the rules is the one at fault.

Don't forget your cups (kept at camp) or your common sense and all will be well. :)

Guest DatsuNoob
2eDeYe' date='16 June 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1276708437' post='315232']

Well said, and as one that has been kicked out for this exact thing...it's not Daves nor the Facilities fault for anyone getting kicked out. The one that broke the rules is the one at fault.

Don't forget your cups (kept at camp) or your common sense and all will be well. :)

Not really a legit alcoholic here, but I drink while I do alot of things. Camping is one of those things. I know were not supposed to have booze, but I saw plenty of bikes and a couple dogs too. If one rule is to be enforced, they all gotta be equally enforced, after all rules ARE rules, right? I drink, yes. I dont get smashed in public and stumble around looking for shit to wreck or hell to raise (unless I'm at the 505 with Kamazaki, then God help them :lol:). I dont believe in getting to a point of needing a babysitter either. Discretion is key. If you cant hold your booze, and you know you'll just keep drinking more and more beyond that point of social lubrication, maybe you should leave your bottles at home, and not ruin things for people who can hold it together. I feel that most of us who did drink, kept things just as weird, wacky, and fun as if we didn't. Maybe just a hair louder though :lol:

and a couple dogs too. If one rule is to be enforced, they all gotta be equally enforced, after all rules ARE rules, right?

I left my GWLS home because of the money being late, it popped up when I was halfway to Olympia :angry: but there was three other dogs that belonged to those with the RV's. Not meaning to FU the otherwise great thread, but I have to call BS on that rule. I guess if I greased the right palm and trailer my ride behind an RV I could being my Konan then.... <_<

• Like 2

Not to mention that there was a dog show on the property that same weekend!?

The 4H/horse people had a few dogs they walked around the camping area!?

There was a dog in our camp on sunday, turns out the owner (unnamed) works for the place!?

I Wish that I could have rode the high bike around more, there was other riders aswell!

And we had No Power=No Heater friday night!? <_<

Am I missing something? :hmm:

Guest DatsuNoob

Not to mention that there was a dog show on the property that same weekend!?

The 4H/horse people had a few dogs they walked around the camping area!?

There was a dog in our camp on sunday, turns out the owner (unnamed) works for the place!?

I Wish that I could have rode the high bike around more, there was other riders aswell!

And we had No Power=No Heater friday night!? <_<

Am I missing something? :hmm:

bullshit.jpg

:rofl: though it may be, I still had a killer time

as with last year....I'm not saying to stop drinking...it's not my call. I'm not the club police nor the fairground security.....but for pete's sake....you guys are posting up pics of all the open containers....at least put it in a cup. Canby is a Datsun event....but you now have guys describing it as a drinking event with some cars and tents. Nobody would be saying anything if you weren't being so blatant about it. Just like the people with rv's didn't run around showing everyone that they brought a dog. Everyone knows the wino on the corner has booze in his paper bag, but at least he's not sticking it in everyone's face. Do what you want. I'll unsubscribe to this thread so you guys can have your fun :)

as with last year....I'm not saying to stop drinking...it's not my call. I'm not the club police nor the fairground security.....but for pete's sake....you guys are posting up pics of all the open containers....at least put it in a cup. Canby is a Datsun event....but you now have guys describing it as a drinking event with some cars and tents. Nobody would be saying anything if you weren't being so blatant about it. Just like the people with rv's didn't run around showing everyone that they brought a dog. Everyone knows the wino on the corner has booze in his paper bag, but at least he's not sticking it in everyone's face. Do what you want. I'll unsubscribe to this thread so you guys can have your fun :)

I totally agree Mike, I have a few beers with my burgers at Canby but as per request we kept everything in cups and we threw all of our trash away.

Everyone just needs to remember to be responsible and respectful of DNW and the folks camping around you which we did our best to do in our little Ratsun camp.

I totally agree Mike, I have a few beers with my burgers at Canby but as per request we kept everything in cups and we threw all of our trash away.

Everyone just needs to remember to be responsible and respectful of DNW and the folks camping around you which we did our best to do in our little Ratsun camp.

X2 Keep it in a cup and Watch your mouth fingers on the text! ;)

Another thing to think about with this. Is it is cool to camp at canby during the show and have some fun after hours, however! If its going to cause a fuss, and be a problem, maybe we could find a spot near by to camp at.

The plus side to this, would be if we get in trouble and kicked out for drinking. At least we wouldn't be kicked off the canby fairgrounds, nor would the rest of the datsuns & show.