Say a prayer for my mutt.

He has for the last few days, dificulty walking, It may be arthritis and just due to the crappy ass weather, or maybe even a bone spur or something, but he is German Shepard so it may be hip displasia. I have him sched to go in first thing Monday morning. I got him on pain meds till they can get him in for more tests. I know for a fact that 2 times over that he is the reason I am still breathing today. That makes it so much harder on me that I cant do shit else for him at the moment. I have had him for 7 years now and he was 3-4 when I got him. He was part of the reason I got my first 720. He has logged more miles hanging out the window on the side of the canopy than alot of people, and is my Great White Land Shark. Some of you have meet him at several meets and he has done his job as a dog with not one complaint from me. I know he isnt a human, but he is my best friend, I would be thankful for any help in prayers to whatever higher power you believe in for him. I am hoping that we can make it to Canby.

IMAG0080.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear man :( my Sheppard eventually got old and started getting really bad arthritis and going blind and we had to put her down. she was a great dog and a great friend.

if he makes it to Canby Ill BBQ him a steak :cool:

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, His front half still acts like he is a 3 year old, I am pretty torn up cause I really dont know what is acually wrong with him. He is carring his left rear and cant get in and out of the house without help up and down the three stairs, I built a ramp but that isnt nothing more than a bandaid on a bullet wound. I have had plans to build a ramp for the truck but he seems to need it a bit sooner than anticipated.

has he seen the vet at all?

yea about 4 months ago for yearly and shots, he has a fatty cyst on his side the size of a small super bounce ball. And he was occasionaly sore in his left rear leg, they told me use low dose bayer for bad days, but the last day he has got pretty bad. I hope it is just from him and Emma playing too rough but I have been out of the house working essentially 2 jobs and my sis called me home about 5pm over him. I call Jones Animal Clinic ( my vet for last 10 years with 5 critters) and the got him in for testing for 9 am Monday.

Best of luck my friend. it is hard when our best friends start to hurt. My Lab sheppard mix is 12. I have to make sure we go for a mile long daily walk. If we don't she has serious trouble moving. I got another dog about 2yrs ago when my old girl really started slowing down, it has really helped keep her going. My thought are with you and you friend. I have 5 critters also, I hate it when my furry kids get sick/old.

Here is my big girl.

DSC_3595.jpg

• Like 1

That sucks......I know exactly what you are going through. :( :( :( I've built the ramps to help my dog out and even removed the front passenger seats in my 720s so she could have a little more room. A little easier for her to jump in the truck.

Try some Glucosamine @ Chondroitin (joint support)......and no....it's not what you think.... :)

Can't hurt your co-pilot....can only help our friends when they get older.

Sorry to hear the news man :( Best hopes go out to you and him. I Dig seeing Konan around the forum in pics :) I love Dogs so damn much its like they are a person, or more like superhuman! A good friend of mine is saving up to get his labs knee replaced. Its 5k for the operation but you cant put a price on friendship :wub:

thanks guys,I gave him a Bayer in a hotdog and I kept him on a heating pad. He has been on glugos joint suplements and mature formula dog food for about 2 years now. He doesnt seem to be hurtin ATM, no whining or moaning and I am keeping him still, not like he is trying to go anywhere. I think the heating pad has helped. Hoping it is a roughhouse pains only. I got to get the truck ramp finished I will keep ya posted, Thank you for your kind words. You know, I think I will be missing a seat in the truck for Canby! Konan will be the copilot!

Best wishes man, My German Shepard (Sammy) lived 14 years. Last year i had to call a mobile vet to put the old girl down. we did it in the living room with her favorite toys and her most comfortable pillow.

Sammy would get in the 620 and would never want to get out. I miss Watching her enjoy the ride and seeing her loyality to my family. Best wishes to you and you dog...

Rex

Depending on what is wrong with him Lugol's Solution may help. My Mom's Rottweiler developed a severe tumor in his mouth, it ran all around his jaw for about 70% of the area. However, I had a bottle of Lugol's Solution (Potassium Iodide) and her her give him 2 drops in his water every day. The Vet gave him 6-8 weeks, the tumor disappeared and he made it another 2 years.