PH8A Fram filter

racerx

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so they will fit but what's wrong with FRAM filters, I've never had any problems with them and have had lots of cars.

do a google search for "fram failure pics" and the first thing thatll come up is a picture of a fram filter that was cut open to reveal the collapsed element inside. frams have cardboard internals that are very prone to failing.

a thread was started by DTP on Fram filter issues and I just started to try out the napa gold filter and so far it is ok. can't notice anything from fram unless I was able to cut open but seeing cut out pics of filters shows the napa is a nicer made filter. try the napa filter or maybe Wix. not sure on motorcraft on hos well made they are.

I've never had any problems with them and have had lots of cars.

never is a long time... not a long as it took for quality to be transfered out.

ive personally not had issues either, but i havent used one for many years either.

Here is the deal....filters are critical. You decide how much your engine is worth to you. Seen Fram filters detonate/implode/explode/seperate with my own eyes...4or5 different times. These are not "random" events. DO NOT RUN FRAM FILTERS

Check this link for a great run-down on lab-test,repeatable filter disections and QC issues.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/images/filter-fram1.gif&imgrefurl=http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html&usg=__e2U3f15SBU0vX7hziGaqspOcTzM=&h=195&w=240&sz=33&hl=en&start=42&itbs=1&tbnid=6MKVf8qoVLbioM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfram%2Bfilter%2Bfailure%26start%3D21%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D21%26tbs%3Disch:1

• 3 weeks later...

Fram was very good untill they were bought out a couple years back. Basically All paper type filters are crap, they all have a pressure relief valve that bypasses the filter alltogether and are pointless. If you really want a true oil filter get a cleanable one. There are a couple manufacturers out there that make them BTW true race cars and teams use them. Not what the "sponser" wants you to know.

Kool?!

1515 Napa Gold, 40% off at your participating NAPA store this month!!! (Really)

and you also get a NAPA racing hat with your purchase, the Fers forgot to give me mine, I spend like 45$ and no hat, basterds