LIL bro scored his first DIME...

draga240z

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he is your little bro. So if he touches the car just kick his ass and take it. :lol:

That is one really nice car. One owner, low miles. Man there are not many of them left.

that is very rare to see a very nice 510 in that good of condition, don't let him mod or hack on it. plenty of dimes out there that could use a mod job. if you don't mind, what did he have to pay for it.

that is very rare to see a very nice 510 in that good of condition, don't let him mod or hack on it. plenty of dimes out there that could use a mod job. if you don't mind, what did he have to pay for it.

He stole it for 2500 from craigslist

Sounds like everyone is on the same page here.Please don't modify it.Already cant stand that

guy icehouse for hacking up 2 68 510s.Fucking shame,people need to realize if you keep it

original its worth a lot more.Saw an old 70s Honda sell for $30,000 on Barret Jackson.Makes

you think twice before you do that motor swap stuff that everyone and there mom is doing.

I wonder if that guy with the Datsun museum would be interested in this car? I think he's in AZ? He was restoring a red 320 pickup. I can't seem to find his posts with this cumbersome new search tool.

It's your car. It is, and ultimately will be, worth a bunch more in stock trim. While it was a great purchase, it might not be the best candidate for mods IMO. Just for grins, maybe list it on ebay with a reserve of what you paid for it?

Not to threadjack, but...

Already cant stand that guy icehouse for hacking up 2 68 510s.

Wonder if you know who Icehouse is? Let me give you a hint, Ratsun member #3. You are #2746.

Odds are pretty good the cars would be beer cans by now if Icehouse hadn't got a hold of 'em.

Sounds like everyone is on the same page here.Please don't modify it.Already cant stand that

guy icehouse for hacking up 2 68 510s.Fucking shame,people need to realize if you keep it

original its worth a lot more.Saw an old 70s Honda sell for $30,000 on Barret Jackson.Makes

you think twice before you do that motor swap stuff that everyone and there mom is doing.

and "that Icehouse guy" is also the reason Ratsun exists so watch who you want to talk shit about Darin.

also, this is RATSUN. FUCK Barret Jackson :fu: :fu:

Wonder if you know who Icehouse is? Let me give you a hint, Ratsun member #3. You are #2746.

Odds are pretty good the cars would be beer cans by now if Icehouse hadn't got a hold of 'em.

technically its listed as 3, but go to the members tab and search by join date ;)

i have to agree with whats happening here keeo it stock if i found somthing that clean i couldnt bring myself to mod it i modded my 610 because it was a rolling shell i to have all the paperwork known to mankind for the car but it was far from complete no motor no trans mouse eaten wiring it was begging for mods

I feel for your bro. And I see both sides of this debate for sure. I bought a 1959 Datsun in unknown condition and had it in my head to make the oldest all Japanese hot rod I could in this country. I had big plans in my head. But when I got it... it is sooooo clean it would almost be a shame to rod it. I am so lucky to have one in such condition, but I was almost hoping for a beater so I wouldn't feel bad cutting it. It isn't like you can get replacement parts for a '59 body very easy anyway, so why not have some fun!

I understand the rarity, but the reason I sought one out for a couple years was to make my dream hotrod, not to restore it to stock. So there is the quandry. And it isn't like I can go out and buy a beater version of it to rod, cause they just aren't around, especially in the NE! And hotroding one that is so solid puts me way ahead of one that was rusted out.

So at the moment, I think any mods I make to it would have to be easily reversed. But.... I did just pick up a vg30e to take some measurements! So who knows!!!

Awesome find!!!! Can't wait to see what's in store for it :)

Sounds like everyone is on the same page here.Please don't modify it.Already cant stand thatguy icehouse for hacking up 2 68 510s.Fucking shame,people need to realize if you keep it original its worth a lot more.Saw an old 70s Honda sell for $30,000 on Barret Jackson.Makesyou think twice before you do that motor swap stuff that everyone and there mom is doing.

HAHA You sound like my dad :) He always tried to tell me the same thing. "They should always be stock" Damn did I show him :) Your going to hate if you see the next car I'm working on picking up. I can't wait to get the angle grinder out for that one. To me a stock datto is like a KIA, slow dorky and not only is it boring to look at but equally as boring to drive. Now slam them to the ground with a Bad ass motor and we are on to something. I've driven countless stockers, and boy do I feel like a nerd, cruising a car on it's tippy toes sounding like an oversized lawnmower. But each to there own, sometimes I just think guys with your opinion have never felt the accomplishment of a motor swap or anything custom that once started as an idea then came into reality. There is nothing that beats that feeling, especially being a care taker of a stock datto until the next guy can babysit the car for another 10 years. Like Mike always says, datto's are just the canvas, when they are all gone we will find something else to practice are art on. I'm just glad my mom owns 10 acres so I have somewhere to store all my old projects gone wrong :)

and "that Icehouse guy" is also the reason Ratsun exists so watch who you want to talk shit about Darin.also, this is RATSUN. FUCK Barret Jackson :fu: :fu:technically its listed as 3, but go to the members tab and search by join date ;)

I agree I watch Barret Jackson from time to time with a buddy, he explains the reality of what the cars bring in and why. I often wonder the point of the cars. Basically life sized models if you ask me. They aren't to drive. Ratsun dudes in my mind build the cars to be driven hard and put away wet. :)

Darin, your a DUSH......plain and simple. Every one and their moms are doing motor swaps because the 510 small and nimble, is built on the perfect platform for some serious ass kicking. The suspension design was and is much more advanced than others of its time. The IRS in these cars are perfect, as the L series too (built), but toss in a VG, CA, FJ or SR and you have one fast ass ride that handles like on rails. Have fun putt putting around in you stock trim 92hp ride as our moms blow your doors off on the freeway in cars that merely look like yours. Dont hate if your have no ambition to build something thats to your own vision. Oh, and I never thought twice before my swap, even if my car was mint when I got it (which it wasnt) if it was it would have just meant a cleaner easier start to customizing. IMO what the hell is the purpose of a mint stocker, value? Who cares value versus personal pleasure and expression of idea? The actuall fact of owning a car too nice to enjoy drives me nuts. I would rather wack my shit with a hammer and rock the dent before I saw my perfect car get dent by a fat women at wallmart door dinging it......super nice sucks

By the way that car is clean as shit.....love it. I would go against a swap merely for the sake of a younger kid and respect for what a swapped dime can do.....wouldnt want it get crunched. Maybe he can buy a SR or something and put it on a stand....build it as a long term project and once he gets older swap it in.

I agree I watch Barret Jackson from time to time with a buddy, he explains the reality of what the cars bring in and why. I often wonder the point of the cars. Basically life sized models if you ask me. They aren't to drive. Ratsun dudes in my mind build the cars to be driven hard and put away wet. :)

Drive hard or just GTFO :fu:

if I want to just look at a car Ill frame a nice picture.

Very nice car. One of those finds that you dream about.

As far as modding the car, it somewhat hurts something deep inside me.. and the fact that some kid has this car makes me nervous. Some cars are just so nice, just so pristine, that they ought to be left intact; put on display, if you will. This looks like one of those rarities.

Before your bro starts modifying this gem, suggest the idea that he could probably sell this to someone that would not only appreciate it's original state, but also pay handsomely for such a piece. Suggest that the money could be used to buy another 510, possibly one closer to what he wants, in terms of upgrades, swaps, etc., and then the remainder of the money could fund his new-found addiction.

I'm by no means against creating a functional, enjoyable, drivable work of art, far from it!... but I'm also all for preservation of the classics.

If it's that original, it seems almost criminal to molest it. It's a survivor.

On a side note: What's up with the seats in this beauty? I thought the 68's were the only ones without the head-rests.. an option, perhaps?

ahhh, good ole dads.

oh fuck! im one of them :o

...for hacking up 2 68 510s. Fucking shame,people need to realize if you keep it

original its worth a lot more.Saw an old 70s Honda sell for...

ive totalled more 68's than that! :fu:

this is ratsun, not honduhson! or a parade.

original is important. ive seen a few prime examples. :cool:

fucking shame is that you think that 'original' is best and that resale value is a consideration when upgrading a 42YO vehicle to daily drive.

Fuck "Icehouse"! hes just a Trailer Park Pimp

Keep the white 510 stock and in the gagrage.Sell it to a guy in Austraila fro $10k

Buy a already built 510 from someone who its hurting for cash, slam it to the ground and have fun with it.

Do you have the income and know how to do a SR20??? If yes then I can see keep it stock looking on the outside slammed down with the stock wheels.

Now that would be Pimpin!!!!!!

If not cost nothing to keep it as it is and youll still be COOL!!!!!!!