LIL bro scored his first DIME...

draga240z

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darin, there's a difference between modifying this 25k clean one owner and saving some 2doors that would have otherwise been sitting rusting right now. Those 68s that Icehouse "hacked up" were not in the best condition, and IMO better ratted than restored. Even if this kid drives this car into a tree going 80mph, it's not the last 510 out there of its kind--we're not turning the last tree on earth into a treehouse. Even if we did end up with the very last 510 on the streets, we would all know there's a brand new one sitting in that Nissan museum along with every car they've produced :cool:

the kids going to do what he wants to do.. thats the problem with arrogant little fucks now days.. its not going to matter what you say to him nothin will change his tiny little mind.. if you guys really wanna save it so bad go knock on his door an wave cash infront of his face.. otherwise shut the hell up..

someone needs to start just closing these dumb fucking threads..

i was j/k the first thing if i got the car would be bad ass wheel and supper low suspention then i would motor swap it then i would get rid of the blue carlet for black then i would drive the bitch

just like every one said to leave my car stock it only has 50k og miles and my inside is WAY cleaner then this guys plus i have a 2dr... did i leave it stock HELL no stock datsun are boring and drive like shit... i like my to feel like a sports car not a boat!!!

oh and that icehouse guy is a fucking hack what a shame!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i was j/k the first thing if i got the car would be bad ass wheel and supper low suspention then i would motor swap it then i would get rid of the blue carlet for black then i would drive the bitch

just like every one said to leave my car stock it only has 50k og miles and my inside is WAY cleaner then this guys plus i have a 2dr... did i leave it stock HELL no stock datsun are boring and drive like shit... i like my to feel like a sports car not a boat!!!

oh and that icehouse guy is a fucking hack what a shame!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is your two door green and gray or silver?

That car is extremely clean, no doubt about it.

I have had the debate when I started the resto on my own car. Original Color, or not. L-Series or something different. And I came to this conclusion:

"Its your car, just don't mess it up"

I decided first and foremost, no parts other than Nissan will be on my car. The color? Nissan 350Z Daytona Blue. The Engine? L20B, with SUs. The Trans? Something different for a 610, the L4N71B...

You're going to what you want with it, its bound to happen. A $2500 steal from craigslist is plenty of reason enough to "personalize" this car. BUT, for the sake of Mother Nissan, be gentle...

Modify it if you want, just don't hack it. Keep it on the road to be enjoyed and used like it was intended to. I'm not sure why people want people to keep cars all stock, it's not like we need a breeding population! But a Datsun sitting in your backyard waiting for some poorly planned swap does no one any good. Just keep it alive and have fun! (oh and don't put any wheels over 15" on it!)

Wow Darin your a piece of work.... Just to clarify I was just having fun, I don't even consider myself a hack, well except on my first 68 which is going to get more hacking soon :) As for my second 68 I think saved it's life. here are the pics of the first day I owned it and one of about what it looks like now. Actually it's a little farther I just haven't taken any pics. Who knows maybe the 68 gods will smile on me again :)

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

exterior.jpg

dash.jpg

red%20headliner.jpg

Since the new pics we've installed the glass tail lights and some other stuff. All NOS rubber NOS taillights blaw blaw... I don't mind you calling me a hack or getting pissed, that happens to some people on the forums. I just go along doing my own thing getting more rusty datto's on the road. I'm actually not looking forward to having a nice car, I like beaters better but I have a few reasons for putting together a nice rig.

i think your a stand up fellow jeff i was totally joking with my comment and i jsut wana say thanks for all the help you have provided me since i been on this forum and if its hacking what you doing then keep doing it cuz you do bad ass hack jobs!!!!

dude I'm not calling you a hack.don't know where my post went.but i said how about one restored and one modified.because you hardly see 68 510s around.and never said your 510s look like shit obviously it looks nice.doesn't hurt my feelers to know that your cutting up 68.whatever :)

dude I'm not calling you a hack.don't know where my post went.but i said how about one restored and one modified.because you hardly see 68 510s around.and never said your 510s look like shit obviously it looks nice.doesn't hurt my feelers to know that your cutting up 68.whatever :)

heres a memory refresher.

Already cant stand that guy icehouse for hacking up 2 68 510s.Fucking shame,people need to realize if you keep it original its worth a lot more.Saw an old 70s Honda sell for $30,000 on Barret Jackson.Makes you think twice before you do that motor swap stuff that everyone and there mom is doing.

and for the record. this is Ratsun, we dont give a fuck what they sell for.

we dont build them to make money, we build them to drive them.

Everyone seems to think the "kid" that got this intends to hack it up, and that he's an idiot and whatnot. One thing he was smart enough to buy this car when he found it. His brother did say he wanted to mod it, but that doesn't mean he's going to chop and channel the thing! i say let give him a chance, i mean he had the $2500 at the right time.{and what else can we do, it's his now} Plus this whole debate about 68's, well this is a 71! OK i admit, 25k is amazing milage, and i would like to think i would keep it stock. But honestly i would prob very carfully lower it and mod the engine a little and store the original parts safely. And calling out Icehouse is crazy, those guys save cars that are left to rot.