Save a 510 From Death [2 door edition]

AtomChurch

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! are those GC coilovers or ebay ones?

They are ebay ones. However I had a buddy test them out in his car to see if I liked the spring rate. They ended up being roughly 275# which is what I wanted anyways. So it was all good. When I get more money and my car is my daily again with most of the bugs worked out I can up and pay the more money for the parts I want.

i got a set TEIN of camber plates if your interested. new still in the box

How much?

Pretty car with no fenders!

_MG_9642.jpg

Assembled dash with wiring adapted and finished. There was a bit to change over from the 69 dash to the 72 wiring but it wasn't too difficult. Things like the wiper switch plug and the heater box [power instead of ground through the switch] but nothing major. I also re did the entire headlight wiring switched the way it runs through the fuse box and how the dash lighting is turned on. Added fuses and relays for things like that and say a rear defroster window! haha.

_MG_9645.jpg

Seats! From an eclipse. I found these seats really comfortable in my last 510 and so I got them again.

_MG_9647.jpg

My wheels. I like them a lot. [made in japan, the same place as my car]

_MG_9651.jpg

_MG_9649.jpg

They are ebay ones. However I had a buddy test them out in his car to see if I liked the spring rate. They ended up being roughly 275# which is what I wanted anyways. So it was all good. When I get more money and my car is my daily again with most of the bugs worked out I can up and pay the more money for the parts I want.

How much?

how does $ 160 sound for the plates?

So after years of California acid rain getting into his car because he had no back window. Danger decided to muster up the strength to take on such a back breaking task. Sex robot was there just for oics.

So heres the car sitting in ruins

8c1c852e.jpg

Getting ready to climb the mountain

825c581f.jpg

Look at those muscles

2e39c114.jpg

Wildly going at it. Am I in?

99947417.jpg

And...danger defeats Goliath !!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

a3eeac81.jpg

It was a bit tedious but not too bad. Went around the window on the inside with a double looped rope and filled the other sealing gap with sealant. Came out pretty good. haha Too bad it had to wait for the window seal. It was having to be taped for every rain.

What an inspiration! I am continually amazed at what you guys are able to do here. Its nice to see a great old car restored to its former glory and then some. Makes me want to fix mine perfectly. Truly awesome.

thats a awesome save. i have done several "back halves" it is alot less work to cut through the floor and through the rear pillars. that way you have alot less finished bodywork to do. it looked like your donor piece was too short though.

Where would you cut down the quarter? or would you replace the whole quarter? Yyeah my support piece came from a 4 door so that gave me a limited amount of quarter to work with. What I ended up doing was replacing the trunk pan where is was spot welded in along the frame support and the rear window area and then straight under the pillar vents where they are spot welded in as well. The only area that didnt get welded where a factory seem was is the quarters, and I am curious to know where would weld it to make it nicer to finish the body work next time [if there is a next time] just to make it easier on my self or anyone attempting to do it. haha