Help FISCH into Cheerios! In boxes now!

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep him in the top 5 vot tell your friends to vote

RULE 1. ELIGIBILITY AND HOW TO VOTE

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To vote, log onto http://www.spoonfulsofstories.com and follow the

online instructions for voting. Voting begins at 12:00 AM Central Time on October 15, 2009 and

ends at 11:59 PM Central Time on October 30, 2009. Limit one (1) vote per person per day. Must

be a resident of the fifty United States District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older in order to

vote. The authors and illustrators of the books listed on http://www.spoonfulsofstories.comthe Web

Site are not eligible to vote in this public vote.

RULE 2. VOTING RESULTS

Voting ends at 11:59 PM Central Time on October 30, 2009. The names of the top five books,

published by Simon & Schuster, receiving the most votes will be posted on or about January 1,

2010 at http://www.spoonfulsofstories.com.

RULE 3. WINNING BOOKS

The top five (5) Spoonfuls of Stories Simon & Schuster books receiving the most votes at the end

of the voting period will be put inside specially marked boxes of Cheerios

PROOF THIS SHIT IT RIGGED. They admit it...

RULE 4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION

By participating, you agree to these rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and

legally binding in all matters relating to this voting. General Mills reserves the right, in its sole

discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this voting should virus, bugs, nonauthorized

human intervention or other causes beyond the control of General Mills corrupt or

impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the vote. Voting may also be

temporarily suspended due to routine site, server or network maintenance. If cancelled or

terminated early, General Mills will determine the winner by tallying the votes that General Mills,

in its sole discretion, finds to be valid at the time of termination or cancellation. If suspended,

General Mills will determine the winners by tallying the votes that General Mills, in its sole

discretion, finds to be valid at the time of suspension and the votes accumulated when voting

resumes. General Mills is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures

of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed

computer transmissions, whether caused by General Mills, participants, or by any of the

equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or

human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's

system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the promotion. General Mills may prohibit a

participant from taking part in the vote or disqualify a participant's vote if, in its sole discretion, it

determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the vote by

cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated

quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, or threaten any other participant or General

Mills representatives. Void where prohibited and subject to federal, state and local laws.

CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE

THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OF VOTING MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF

CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR

RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S

FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING

CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.

Voting sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., Number One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN

booooo!

Edited by zuum510
PROOF THIS SHIT IT RIGGED. They admit it...

booooo!

I guess they have to have those rules in there to protect the competition. But power can certainly be abused.

If they actually do tally the votes in the end (after all they don't announce until Jan.) and if they do get rid of extra votes, this will be a very different playing field. Dramatically different I would guess. I haven't seen a author, other than MIB, solicit multi voting, but I am sure every author has gotten them. It is the nature of friends wanting to be helpful, or them just wanting to check the percentages.

Where it gets confusing is when they say everyone gets to vote, that should include family, and as we've mentioned, many families have only one computer? How can they throw out those votes? Perhaps they allow a certain amount of votes from each IP once a day?

That is why is is sooo important to get votes from each of your family members every day!! It is all speculation on how they count, but even if there is a slim chance they accept votes from more than one family member on the same computer, get that vote dudes!!

We' can totally still stay in the top five!

Look Fisch...I know the spot you are in right now...where you REALLY want this...I feel it man! I want it for you! I think it is safe to say that we all do...thats why we are all over this thing like white on rice!

We have done..and will do what we can to make this little part of your dream happen.

You got an awesome attitude, a great family (from what I can see in the vids anyway:), a huge amount of talent and a contagious charisma and energy.

This hose bag is cheating. Clearly you can see that.

Can you make the call...throw the flag...and get this thing looked into? I mean...I never have been a tatle tail and never would want to pull that...but this is one time when it just seems like this duchenstien is going to run all over this whole thing without anyone batting an eye!:mad:

I even have people that work at the High School that my daughter goes to voting for you and watching everyday to see the results. Parents of kids in the Youth Group I pastor are coming up to me and telling me that they voted..or voted again...

Beyond every moral or ethical argument I may have with old what's his crack personally (MIB)...there is a growing concern (on my part anyway) that there is foul play afoot here and all our principled hard work and positivity will end up being washed mercilessly overboard by the unscrupulous fervour of his cowardly and recreant hoodwinking.

Just sayin.:blink:

I just called the Silver Surfer though...he said (without moving his lips) that he was going to come back down here and vaporize him in the name of Justice...so it's all good.:cool:

silversurfer_big.jpg

Dudes, they know. Flag has been thrown and I didn't even have to throw it. Word spreads fast.

The question will be whether they want to open the can of worms that multi voting will be. Or do they have the safeguards in place to correct it when all is said and done. They have till Jan to tally the votes and announce. That is a lot of time to sort things.

No matter who gets the most votes, top 5 will get equal treatment in the box. Same amount of books going into the hands of super cool kids!

Also as a side note. I did some research. All the World was pretty much everyon's pick for the top spot before this contest even started. I knew it would be the toughest competitior. It is a great book, legions of fans, already a hot seller. The author is well know, well loved, and seems really nice! The day she got the votes was the first day she blogged about it in the whole contest. I also think she is on tour and all it would take for that book is one announcement at a convention of aspiring childrens book writers or one librarian convention network. I know it was totally weird to see such a comeback, but if any book could have done it legit, it was that one. I am sure people went CRAZY when it fell out of the top five, and its rise could also have been a reaction to MIB's book coming on so strong. Authors get upset about celebrity books hogging the spotlight. If they were going to rebel, they would have picked that book to push forward.

I knew this competition would be tough. We have been the underdog from the beginning. I am the least known of anyone on that list. This is only my second kidsbook! And it isn't even out! Even when we were 53% I knew there would be rough waters ahead.

This is why what you have done is a miracle. The only reason we are even still in the top 5 is because of how hard you came out of the gate while everyone was sleeping. As word spread it got tougher. We knew it would. And your momentum is keeping us in it.

As someone said earlier. You guys have run a marathon with me full tilt. Other books had the power to sprint to the finish. We had to take the long road. And I thank you for it.

Edited by fisch

As someone said earlier. You guys have run a marathon with me full tilt. Other books had the power to sprint to the finish. We had to take the long road. And I thank you for it.

you deserve the publicity this opportunity has to offer :thumbup:

*tear

We still got your back, I make sure to get some votes each day. Also got it posted a few other places. Who knew a bunch of grown (or mostly grown) guys on a car forum would get so worked up over a childrens book contest? I love it.

*tear

We still got your back, I make sure to get some votes each day. Also got it posted a few other places. Who knew a bunch of grown (or mostly grown) guys on a car forum would get so worked up over a childrens book contest? I love it.

Ratsun is the bet forum ever :fu:

bestforumJPG.jpg

Ratsun is the bet forum ever :fu:

bestforumJPG.jpg

Is that really how it came up or did you get ratsun to be 1st then type in the search and take a freeze? Would be cool as hell if thats just how it came up lol.

Is that really how it came up or did you get ratsun to be 1st then type in the search and take a freeze? Would be cool as hell if thats just how it came up lol.

thats someone elses screen shot, thats not really what comes up cuz theres a thebestforumever.com, but its still true :fu:

Hey Fisch,

I think there are probably lots of people on here that have consistently been voting for you even if they haven't said anything. I haven't really gotten into the discussion on this, but I've voted every day since you started this thread. I'm sure others have done the same. Hang in there. We'll keep voting.

Hey Fisch,

I think there are probably lots of people on here that have consistently been voting for you even if they haven't said anything. I haven't really gotten into the discussion on this, but I've voted every day since you started this thread. I'm sure others have done the same. Hang in there. We'll keep voting.

WURD! :D Ditto.

Totally dudes! I know many of you are voting ais silence. There is no way we'd be where we are if you weren't.

Dudes good news, the calvary might be comming! Years ago Matt, a friend of mine started a game company, privateer press. Matt was a really good friend, and when he asked if I could contribute some art to the game, even though he couldn't afford to pay me much I said hell yeah, where so I sign up. I didn't care if he ever paid me, and told him as much.

Fast forward, the company is doing well. They have a forum. I wrote him yesterday to just ask if he would vote for his old friend and please face book it. Not only did he do that, he started a thread like this one on his forum. told them how I contributed to the game in the early days. They have 30,000 members and the thread is already three pages deep with votes in a few hours.

Totally dudes! I know many of you are voting ais silence. There is no way we'd be where we are if you weren't.

Dudes good news, the calvary might be comming! Years ago Matt, a friend of mine started a game company, privateer press. Matt was a really good friend, and when he asked if I could contribute some art to the game, even though he couldn't afford to pay me much I said hell yeah, where so I sign up. I didn't care if he ever paid me, and told him as much.

Fast forward, the company is doing well. They have a forum. I wrote him yesterday to just ask if he would vote for his old friend and please face book it. Not only did he do that, he started a thread like this one on his forum. told them how I contributed to the game in the early days. They have 30,000 members and the thread is already three pages deep with votes in a few hours.

Thats Awesome! :D