What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you MattyHacks71, I'm a huge fan of your Dime!  :thumbup: And Skyblue, it is a cheapo DNJ made in Taiwan Head Gasket, I'm super low on funds so had to get that on rockauto, but it felt pretty sturdy or so I keep telling myself haha 

• Like 1

Also installed a new Champion Radiator. I'll be cleaning up the bay soon and paint a few items like the wiper motor.image_11.jpg

Keep an eye on it, quite a few people who had issues with it....I might be added to that list since my coolant is disappearing...it ain't going into the oil and it ain't going into the combustion chamber....still looking for answers...

While re-installing the mechanical temp sensor the snout snapped off the lower thermostat housing. grrrr....

pop.jpg

PO had trimmed the port to compensate for the lack of thread depth on the fixing nut for the sending unit making a weak point that failed.

short.jpg

Nissan stills sells these (used on lots of motors). I made an internal spacer/bushing to take up the room and have a more secure fit with better strength.

spacer.jpg

Only delayed progress a couple of days.

i had the stock type 3 core radiator and the car always ran at 195 I had a fan clutch that went bad and locked up so i replaced it , the new clutch spun free and I didnt have time too get another one before canby so blue stayed home and we brought cindy the 1200 coupe 

this pissed me off just a little so I got a koyo radiator new stock style water pump duel mishimoto slim electric fans and a derale fan controller

I also got a stock l20 thermostat housing with three inlet holes

one for the stock sender and gauge

one for the autometer gauge  

and one for the sender to turn the fans on 

I am super happy with the radiator and fans driving down the road on a hot day it stays at or below 180 and in traffic creeps up to about 185 

I am running a pusher and a puller so there is still alot of air that passes by the carbs and intake manifold 

I had to space the radiator just like the champions just in case anyone is wondering how these fit 

IMG_20160730_011925900_HDR_zpsi6usmpmx.j

the fan controller with relay IMG_20160730_011936466_zpshvupudkd.jpg

close but nothing rubs 

these are 10 inch fansIMG_20160730_011943065_zpspiyqns4p.jpg

the spacers came from the distribution blocks on 280z brake lines 

the fender one for the thick spacer and the firewall one for the thin spacer

IMG_20160730_012001246_zpsqnfsamnt.jpg

IMG_20160730_012015695_zpstsawj2zj.jpgIMG_20160730_013152157_HDR_zpsoutfmakz.jIMG_20160622_182032033_HDR_zpsatqxzpmp.jIMG_20160622_181111593_zpsux8pd3ls.jpgIMG_20160622_180548248_zpswbnueype.jpg

IMG_20160827_145958877_zpszmcexedn.jpg

all of the holes line up with factory core support holes and if you are running a stock fan the shroud will also bolt up to the tabs provided 

I used 2 of those tabs to mount one side of the puller fan 

• Like 3

Waking up sitting here thinking about the Goon. Gotta help a friend do something on the net and then try to find a drivers door to replace the one I screwed up on my Camry a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some 510's out in his junkyard. Haven't been there in many years so maybe not the way they have been crushing everything in the last several years.