another reason why Cali sucks

sorry, i just had to say it. i know this will never go through but its just another crazy thing the legislation is trying to pass down there. they are trying to ban black cars because they get too hot in the sunlight.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/california-to-reduce-carbon-emissions-by-banning-black-cars/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so never mind that ridiculous idea. Here's one brewing in Oregon that has merit:

They are trying to rescind the mandate that we have 10% ethanol in our pump gas. Anyone who knows about this stuff can tell you how rotten it is for fuel systems, (especially older cars - i.e. like our Ratsuns) AND it consistently delivers about 10% lower mileage.

Evidently some "Lawmaker" with a Prius is chapped that her nerdmobile is not delivering 50 MPG because of out polluted fuel. Hence, she has jumped on the bandwagon. And good for her! One problem is that our governor is all in favor of altfuels because it's so yummy up here to come out in favor of the environment - even if what is proposed makes no sense.

I've know that ethanol-laced gasoline has sucked for more than 20 years. We had endless fuel system problems on Z's & Maximas when they ran this crap every winter as "Oxygenated Fuel". (The reason stated: "It reduces air pollution during winter months".) Sorry, when you have to burn 10% more fuel to go the same distance, there is no "reduction" in anything but performance and mileage. (Not to mention how the food production chain is screwed up by taking all the feed corn out of the loop to make ethanol...

Anyway, I don't want a black car (too hard to keep clean in our climate) and they will never succeed in a "ban".

As an owner of older cars and motorcycles I can't wait to get back to some normal gasoline...

As an owner of older cars and motorcycles I can't wait to get back to some normal gasoline...

i know exactly what you mean. the spec motor karting class i run in this year requires pump gas. they check our gas everytime on the track and certain percentages of ethanol causes "illegal" levels. i bet you can understand how hard it is for me to get gas for racing now.

Black cars? Never gonna happen.

Ethanol? Not only does it give you worse gas mileage, it's hard on fuel pumps. Anybody drive a GM product and live in Oregon? You know what I mean. I don't know about now, but as of a few years ago Oregon didn't have standards testing like most other states. We effectively became a "dumping ground" for our neighboring state's bad fuel. Ethanol was a "tool" to help clean up our dirty fuel. Just our tax dollars funding more "green" marketing.

But Cali has plenty of reasons it sucks. This is just one till the next comes along.

Edited by DRIVEN

Haha, that is totally rediculous. It does make sense, but IMO it will never happen. It would be interesting to see exactly how much excess emissions is caused by dark colored cars.

As for California sucking...:fu:...

You know you all wish they could be California girls.

What do you guys want the world on a silver platter? :lol::lol::lol:

Tell you what, you give the east coast all these bad ass datsuns you cant swing a cat without hitting or hell your entire jdm market that comes soooooooo damn easy and you guys can have all the black hondas running on strait gas you want just like us lol. At the cheapest prices in the country too. Fair? Because honestly I'd rather a hot datsun to complain about then a shit load of color and gas options for the cars I can't find. :D

I'm teasing but banning black cars is retarded and imo will never happen.

Black cars look really good. But I've had one and don't ever plan on having another. To hard to keep clean. So :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

I bought a new black car last year. While it does look nice, they ARE a total p.i.t.a. to keep clean. I also park WAY out in parking lots to avoid door dingers...

lol im an oregonian living in california with oregon and california registered vehicles.. :-D but in the middle of the mojave desert so more like the middle east... and i have a brand new black truck and a black datsun. the datsun gets better gas mileage then my buddys 08 white lancer with mods lol...

"The specific colors that are currently on the chopping block are all dark hues, with the worst offender seemingly the most innocuous color you could think of: Black."

kill the lunatics who didnt even perform a study to really waste money on a stupid idea.

California does suck. Please, just stay the hell out!

save calif! when you leave, take someone with you :fu:

Not quite car related, but I think it's still quite ridiculous.

Government is making it illegal to grow your own food.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h875ih.txt.pdf

Pay special attention to

* Section 3 which is the definitions portion of the bill-read in it’s entirety.

* section 103, 206 and 207- read in it’s entirety.

What it Does:

* Legally binds state agriculture depts to enforcing federal guidelines effectively taking away the states power to do anything other than being food police for the federal dept.

* Effectively criminalizes organic farming but doesn’t actually use the word organic.

* Effects anyone growing food even if they are not selling it but consuming it.

* Effects anyone producing meat of any kind including wild game.

* Legislation is so broad based that every aspect of growing or producing food can be made illegal. There are no specifics which is bizarre considering how long the legislation is.

* Section 103 is almost entirely about the administrative aspect of the legislation. It will allow the appointing of officials from the factory farming corporations and lobbyists and classify them as experts and allow them to determine and interpret the legislation. Who do you think they are going to side with?

* Section 206 defines what will be considered a food production facility and what will be enforced up all food production facilities. The wording is so broad based that a backyard gardener could be fined and more.

* Section 207 requires that the state’s agriculture dept act as the food police and enforce the federal requirements. This takes away the states power and is in violation of the 10th amendment.

Get your guns and ammo now while you can there gonna start imposing a limit on how much ammo you can have here in good old mein kamp scwarzineggers kalifonia.

"http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090226_introduced.html"

I can make about 1000 rounds in less then 4 hours. (apparently this will make me a crimial)

God i hate the idiots that run this state.

• 1 year later...