Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

There's a 78 620 standard cab pickup in the Chula Vista PaP JY. They listed incorrectly it as a 79 210.

The body is wrinnnnnnkly bad, every piece of sheet metal. Interior, outer trim and lights are gone, and door parts have been picked over. Wheels were thrashed after-market.

But the short block, trans, drive shaft, and diff are still intact. The tailgate says 5 speed. I didn't climb under it, but did shine a light into tunnel cover and didn't see a 4 spd inspection cover, so I'd speculate it has a 5 spd in it. Couldn't test it as shifter was already gone.

Windshield and door glass looked good, no back window due to camper shell.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any Bay Area folks gone to see this 521?

It's at the Merced Pick-n-Pull.

From the pic it looks like it has the early 521 reflector, I need/want them!!! I'll pay for parts, shipping and some time if someone grabs them.

Edit: Wrong (Also as a 69 it also likely has a metal dash.)

http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/RNDn90sipwWUHh2HSylyUxwdY

c5e1d774-cc7f-4339-b1b6-d6ad166180bb_zps

• Like 1

Went back to the junkyard in flagstaff, Arizona and grabbed a almost primo tailgate after some work of getting away from truck behind it which back bumper of said truck was pushed against the datsun 521 tailgate, had to use a big cherry picker/moveable engine puller on wheels to lift the back of the 521 up just enough to clear the other truck to open the 521 tailgate and knock out the hinge pins

Went back to the junkyard in flagstaff, Arizona and grabbed a almost primo tailgate after some work of getting away from truck behind it which back bumper of said truck was pushed against the datsun 521 tailgate, had to use a big cherry picker/moveable engine puller on wheels to lift the back of the 521 up just enough to clear the other truck to open the 521 tailgate and knock out the hinge pins

Been there , done that, those engine hoists can be an immense help!

• Like 1