Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i hit up my buddy who as of today no longer works for ecoloy and is now lkq.  this is shitty they have crazy prices.

Actually I did not see Ecology Wilmington making the list.

This makes sense as there are already two LKQ Pick-A-Part yards within spitting distance from this yard.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

620 in Rocklin. Head and carb had already been pulled. Bed was messed up, had an extended travel tank. Rear slider was intact although a hole was drilled at the top. Points ignition, dash had a sunpro tach but was cracked, had modified console and crappy bench seat. Door panels were in the bed. Glass looked good, new drum brake cylinders on the front. Rear bumper was tubing aftermarket and had been hit. Front bumper and grill looked ok.

FBC39AC6-1152-4943-AB5A-54CD77AC299D_zps

4ADDF5B3-0A14-4454-B44B-6203F8526E11_zps

E298412C-04C6-4ADA-B341-8EDC1D0A5DE6_zps

352F5B7D-FDE3-4DD7-8FE9-E35ECDAA6207_zps

3E1F6F58-B646-420C-962E-92BCAD607641_zps

24C7774E-1176-41BF-9EC5-96BE30E0C840_zps

6BA7A6B7-46D2-47AC-80A2-22BEC637F472_zps

• 3 weeks later...

damn i am so amazed at what is sold in these pages as scrap cars or why the hell some of these cars end up in wrecking yards.. the cars we build in South africa sometimes dont even look half as good as cars being scrapped. Would love to go to america with a suitcase full of money and just buy up cars. 

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

There is a very early 620 in the San Bernardino, CA PaP, green, against the wall. All the body parts and interior is junk, but the trans, drive shaft, diff, and suspension is all there, along with door both glass, and 5 stock rims. They already un-listed it from their inventory so it might not be there much longer. The head is gone, block looks seized, but intake and fairly clean carb are laying on block.

• Like 1

damn i am so amazed at what is sold in these pages as scrap cars or why the hell some of these cars end up in wrecking yards.. the cars we build in South africa sometimes dont even look half as good as cars being scrapped. Would love to go to america with a suitcase full of money and just buy up cars. 

Whats sad, is some yards won't sell whole cars. Also sad that whoever sold it to the yard didn't realize someone else would want it, and likely pay double or more scrap price.

• Like 1

I agree to a certain degree but sadly the "system" ..... shit, the world is no longer setup to repair or rebuild broken things. It's become a disposable society. 

Not to mention Pick n Pull is owned by Schnitzer Steel. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to find that they make far more money on scrapping the cars & recycling them then parting them out.  

Whats sad, is some yards won't sell whole cars. Also sad that whoever sold it to the yard didn't realize someone else would want it, and likely pay double or more scrap price.

Americans are wasteful selfish people, there, I said it

• Like 1

I love when prius owners tell me about my gas guzzling poloution machine... My 35mpg b210. Then you remind them how fewer emissions there would be if we stopped making new cars in current volume and kept our old ones longer. Fucking Boulder CO... This actually happens to me a few times a year.

• Like 1

Went to the Hesperia Pick a Part today.  Saw last night they had posted this truck as having entered the yard on 10/20/15

1292_0390_101892.jpg

1292_0390_101889.jpg

1292_0390_101896.jpg

I got there at 7:30am, so no body in the yard.  The left front rim was gone already.  The interior is torn up now.  Carb in the box is gone.  Door panels are gone.  3 of 4 rims are now gone :)

I took two rims, left the 3rd one as I thought it had some deep scratches in the face of the rim.  All center caps were gone.

I also picked up a tach and non working clock.  Looks like a resistor fried on the board.

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah should have grabbed that steering wheel

Yeah, didn't think about that.  I'm not sure I have a socket that fits.  Anyone know what size?

It's about 85 miles from the house, so not sure if I'll make it back again or not, but if I do, I would need to socket size :)

• Like 1