Wrecking Yard Report

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was down in Portland this last weekend and I did some wrecking yard cruising while I was in the area. I was on the lookout for 720 4x4 springs and a front brake conversion from a V6 D21, and a side mirror from a T100.

This is all as of Saturday the 5th of March 2016.

My first stop was Buds Auto Wrecking off of 82nd Ave south of Foster Blvd. That was a total strike out, no Datsuns.

Next was LKQ on Foster, they didn’t have anything that I was looking for, but they did have a good selection of nice bucket seats including this pair of red vinyls out of a 1980 Pontiac Sunfire (I had to look up what they hell that was)

LKQ_sunfireseats.jpg

They are asking $120 for the pair, and I came really close to walking out with them, but eventually decided to pass. I know where to look for seats now though.

Then on to Pick N Pull on Foster (I think it’s officially called PickNPull Portland South)

Found my T100 mirror here, but that was it for me. The rest of you might be interested some updates on the following:

521 pickup (I think that’s what it is, it’s already in this thread a few times)

pnp_dat521_1.jpg

pnp_dat521_2.jpg

pnp_dat521_3.jpg

pnp_dat521_4.jpg

Not a whole lot left in here

pnp_dat521_5.jpg

pnp_dat521_6.jpg

Cool steering wheel

210 liftback

pnp_dat610_1.jpg

pnp_dat610_2.jpg

pnp_dat610_3.jpg

The body looked really good on this thing

pnp_dat610_4.jpg

pnp_dat610_5.jpg

Another wheel I kind of regret not pulling (I could really become a steering wheel hoarder)

pnp_dat610_6.jpg

pnp_dat610_7.jpg

Dash is really nice

720 Pickup

Lots of good parts on this thing

pnp_dat720_1.jpg

pnp_dat720_2.jpg

pnp_dat720_3.jpg

pnp_dat720_4.jpg

I don’t think it was a 4x4 though, but it was pretty hard for me to tell. There were no badges denoting it.

Hardbody Pickup

pnp_nisd21_1.jpg

Engine was missing, but I don’t think it was a V6. I don’t know these things well enough to really be sure though. I think the calipers were single piston though. If it wasn’t raining I may have pulled some of the front suspension off of it. There were no other Nissan trucks though so I could not have left with all I needed anyway though.

My iPhone orients the pics correctly, and then windows does the same, and then when I upload them they're all flipped around, I'll see if I can fix that.

• Like 1

Went to Hobo Spiders BBQ the other week and decided I should stop in at the Arlington Pick n Pull to do some shopping, and ended up spending more than 3 hours there.

Found this hens tooth:

Arlington_80_720_1.jpg

Arlington_80_720_2.jpg

Arlington_80_720_3.jpg

Which (Until I got there) still had it's rear leafs. It was sitting on them at the time so getting them out of there was a challenge, but I wasn't going to leave without them. I asked at the front desk about lifting the thing so I could take them, and she told me to come back on Monday and maybe they could do something about it (this was on Saturday) Fortunately the thing was light enough that I could lift a side at a time and kick some slightly taller supports under the frame until it was loose.

There was also a beige 720 that I guess I didn't take any pictures of, but that one is not a 4x4.

D21s galore:

This one's a V6 and still has it's brakes, bring a lug wrench

Arlington_86_d21_1.jpg

Arlington_86_d21_2.jpg

Arlington_90_d21_1.jpg

Arlington_90_d21_2.jpg

Arlington_93_d21_1.jpg

Arlington_93_d21_2.jpg

Arlington_94_d21_1.jpg

Arlington_94_d21_2.jpg

along with this one that I took the brakes and MC off of:

Arlington_v6_d21_1.jpg

Arlington_v6_d21_2.jpg

Arlington_v6_d21_3.jpg

• Like 1

Went to check out the '81 210 at the LKQ in Wilmington yesterday and it was a big ole disappointment. The car was there but half missing. Literally half missing. The entire front had been cut off. The inside was a wreck so no cool gems to be had.

• Like 1

Locals probably know of this car. It's pretty much gone though.. rust rust rust

20160402_143133_zpsau8djlj8.jpg

20160402_143126_zpswzsylbxy.jpg

Yeah...I can't believe they haven't crushed it yet, does it still have the biohazard tape in the front driver side?

Any other dattos? I was going to go do walk around yesterday but then the accident got in the way....

• Like 1

Yeah...I can't believe they haven't crushed it yet, does it still have the biohazard tape in the front driver side?

Any other dattos? I was going to go do walk around yesterday but then the accident got in the way....

No tape. Some good parts still on it too. There were some other datsuns out there too. This was the one that was most interesting. I was looking for subaru's... but that yard is a mess to say the least.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ya, the subies are near the front few rows deep, as you come in the gate go straight for about 5 rows of cars then go right and you'll have 5 to 6 there....then again...last time I was in there was about this time last year...

No go on the subies... I looked around. I found one that could have had the CLSD.... the car was complete front to back... except the rear crossmember was sitting on the ground... minus the diff.

I'm too slow.

• Like 1

'76 610 wagon showed up at the south Portland PnP yesterday:

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/RNDaT995ZqeQF7kQ6NTDnt4tG

ca1fca3a-464a-41ca-9187-1da34c698831.JPG

That 610 wagon was posted on Facebook a few days ago. I pulled the rear hatch trim, rocker panel trim,clock,& both headlight buckets yesterday. It still had 3 good doors,& a little bit of rust on the 4th one (left rear),all with door panels fairly decent condition ,the rear hatch was still there, & still has its "spoiler " the hood is still there. Still has the engine &transmission, air conditioning parts in the engine bay, but interior part is gone. No seats,dash is a little busted up. I may go back for a few more parts,but it's pretty much picked over already
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I am thinking of going and checking the 200SX this coming weekend.

I will post pictures if is still there.

There's a B210 listed in th Chula Vista PaP in So Cal, but the pics show it's really a 77 200SX. Has anyone seen it to know if the engine is still in it?

• Like 1