Wrecking Yard Report

How close are the 85-89 Maxima center consoles? There are two of them in a local yard. 

I think they're different :/ those are the second gen. maximas when the body style changed because it went to a fwd v6 instead of the original rwd inline 6. Not exactly sure though.

I found a brown maxi 1st gen down in LA but it is original and I'm sure the seller won't part it out. He's asking $4,000 for it lol GLWS!  :rofl:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went back to that closed down wrecking yard in Aurora last night,but only had an hour. All I got pulled were the bumperettes & brackets. Hopefully I'll be going back tonight,or soon. The guy is working overtime at his day job,then at the wrecking yard after work. If any of you are looking for anything there give Terry call (503) 313-1356.

2013-09-09163046.jpg

2013-09-09163046.jpg2013-09-09161344-1.jpg

2013-09-09161710.jpg

2013-09-09161801.jpg

2013-10-16171953.jpg

I went back to that closed down wrecking yard in Aurora last night,but only had an hour. All I got pulled were the bumperettes & brackets. Hopefully I'll be going back tonight,or soon. The guy is working overtime at his day job,then at the wrecking yard after work. If any of you are looking for anything there give Terry call (503) 313-1356.

2013-09-09163046.jpg

2013-09-09163046.jpg2013-09-09161344-1.jpg

2013-09-09161710.jpg

2013-09-09161801.jpg

2013-10-16171953.jpg

Pulling parts at "salvage yards" like this is ummm...interesting.

I remember a few years back, parting out a coupla 240z's up in SLO in which the interiors were 1/2" deep in dessicated rat shit.

I just found out one can die (among other things) from breathing in that dust....

Fun.

Ecology in Oceanside, CA off the 76.  

L16 with what looked to be recent rebuilt 210 head with recently replaced timing set.  Very little wear marks.  All glass, all doors, driver fender.  Underside was in awesome condition...damn shame to see it in there.

IMG_92731_zps02bd1ddb.jpeg

Yep, saw that one too but didn't have a phone or camera with me... focus was on 620 and 240Z stuff anyway... which is never there anymore :(

I saw something in Ecology today that made me so depressed, I couldnt take a picture.

A 1985 Audi Quattro. A real 2 door one, the first 4 wheel drive rally car, one of only 664 that were imported to the states between 1983 and 1986. I have always wanted one and to see this one, in the best color - green, that someone had sold to ecology for a mere few hundred bucks, kind of just hurt.

The things some people sell.

Some people just don't have time to deal with stuff sometimes or shit happens like  people die, get disabled, divorced, or evicted and someone has to clean up and doesn't want or have time  to  deal with the hagglers, so stuff that may have some value is  practically given away  in the process.  

[swipes hands... done]

Saveable ? hell it was a running driving car ,, All the pictures and even the video has been deleted but ,, it was a car... Granted a funky front-ended freakshow of a car.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/49260-project-280zx-converible/?do=findComment&comment=796825

Sadly he made me his only freind.

:crying: :crying:

http://community.ratsun.net/user/15304-zracer/

There is an '80 720 at P 'n P, SE Portland. It was a really nice light blue truck. Lots of good straight stuff fenders, taligate, doors, seat... matchbox is gone but still many good things, radiator. Another one that should never have been scrapped.

MMMMmmmmmmm. Cabbage. I LOVE cabbage. Cabbage on fish tacos. Cabbage on breakfast cereal . Cabbage on..............

Wait a minute............ People can smell like cabbage ? ? ? 

• Like 1

MMMMmmmmmmm. Cabbage. I LOVE cabbage. Cabbage on fish tacos. Cabbage on breakfast cereal . Cabbage on..............

Wait a minute............ People can smell like cabbage ? ? ? 

I think its in the groundwater... then it oozes out of your pores. 

For the record i do love cabbage..

:blush:

Tumwater pick a part 80 Kcab brown interior ,,, if you are after the radiator in near perfect condition we put it gently in the bed.. We were only after the solid fan and pulley.. and all the headbolts cuz i am a hoarder of such treasures.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to take a moment and show all of you this heavenly piece of machinery I found, in a most unexpected place.........

'63 (owner said '64?) Nissan Patrol 60 series. Owner said they would sell it for $1000, title in hand and has original manuals.

MalaCmKl.jpg

4YpBeJnl.jpg

09opWwBl.jpg

DFQpYp7l.jpg

gc3d0Ihl.jpg

04lNSGzl.jpg

btC1014l.jpg

2GtlFlgl.jpg

Contact me for more details.

• Like 2

I would like to take a moment and show all of you this heavenly piece of machinery I found, in a most unexpected place.........

'63 (owner said '64?) Nissan Patrol 60 series. Owner said they would sell it for $1000, title in hand and has original manuals.

MalaCmKl.jpg

4YpBeJnl.jpg

09opWwBl.jpg

DFQpYp7l.jpg

gc3d0Ihl.jpg

04lNSGzl.jpg

btC1014l.jpg

2GtlFlgl.jpg

Contact me for more details.

I want this! I don't have $1000 though. I'd even trade my 521 project for it,&i wasn't even considering parting with it until I saw this patrol.
  • Like 1