Wrecking Yard Report

I'm pretty much over it now,but I probably won't be making any big effort to buy parts from that yard. Is this the difference between buying used parts,versus new/rebuilt parts? I have worked in the auto parts industry for 15+ years,both in the warehouse end of the business,also as a delivery driver,& parts counter sales employee. If I had ever given a customer even close to the "i don't give a shit,check the website" type of attitude I recieved today, I would have been fired by the end of the day. Not that the retail end of the business is perfect either,especially if you happen to be looking for parts for a.vehicle more than 10 -15 years old,but at least we try to be polite about it.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Up here at the Arlington pnp as we speak. There are two zx's ( no struts) 1 280 with finned drums, two a10s; a 5 door hatch and a rough wagon, 2 early 720s two late 720s one is a 4x

what color a10 wagon?

Ok I need a little guidance.

I live in Eagle Rock right where the 2 and 134/210 freeways meet.

I can go to Sunland, Monrovia, Santa Fe springs and all that from here.

Which yards should I be going to regularly? Do some of these guys favor Older japanese cars? I haven't been to local yards much because they almost never have the Volvo parts I need. Now I'm looking for Datsun stuff and could use some pointers.

Thanks!

I'm generally at the yards in Monrovia, Ontario, Wilmington and Stanton. That's where I've found most of the Datsuns. Once in a great while San Bernardino and Sun Valley will have Datsuns. There's also an imports only yard in Fontana. Unfortunately they don't list inventory online so it's a crap shoot if you go. I hit it once in a while when I visit my mom in the IE.

Keep your eyes peeled on this web site. They list their inventory. I'd say they're generally 97% correct in what they list.

http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/West/

• Like 1

I saw something in Ecology today that made me so depressed, I couldnt take a picture.

A 1985 Audi Quattro. A real 2 door one, the first 4 wheel drive rally car, one of only 664 that were imported to the states between 1983 and 1986. I have always wanted one and to see this one, in the best color - green, that someone had sold to ecology for a mere few hundred bucks, kind of just hurt.

The things some people sell.

• Like 3

Looking for old Volvo parts?

Try Pick The Part in Santa Paula (Ventura County), they always have tons of Volvos and there is not alot of traffic in the area...

SSShHHHh!! I know that but the other Volvo guys don't. Who am I kidding, it's about the only Volvo yard around, the only reason it isn't picked over is the distance from everyone.

Thanks

Ugh, they arent, I have one, it will fit and look OK, but it doesnt fit correctly, and the armrest doesnt look right in a 910 Maxima.

I dont understand why all the center consoles are gone. My buddy Henry, Who I met just the other day, has 2 910s and only one came with a center console.

I dont even need it brown, I will take any color I can find. I have SEM.

Pick-ur-part in Anaheim/Stanton on Beach Blvd/Ball had a '73 620. L16 in it, had all the glass, no marker light lenses, no interior. Also had a '70-'72 521. Fenders & doors 1/2 way decent, had front turn signal lenses intact, taillights broken.

Ecology in Santa Fe Springs off Imperial Hwy had a '70-'72 521 pretty well picked over.

Ecology in Oceanside, CA off the 76.  

L16 with what looked to be recent rebuilt 210 head with recently replaced timing set.  Very little wear marks.  All glass, all doors, driver fender.  Underside was in awesome condition...damn shame to see it in there.

IMG_92731_zps02bd1ddb.jpeg

I snagged a grip of shit off the 620 at the Pick your Part on Beach.

PERFECT D/S Fender, GOOD front bumper(very nice chrome), no interior, all glass, bottom end of L16 with Intake and Exhaust manifolds.... that's about all that's good on it left.
521 is fucked, but has a PERFECT fitting camper, good bed, okay front bumper, L20B swapped.