Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

true .... or some jackhole tears up ALL KINDS of shit trying to pull something as simple as a light switch.

What's sad for the guys that need parts is that the hard to find parts type cars are treated the same as a 90s mini van,, instead of separated out and let be picked over more thoroughly  like in the olden days.. :no:

What's sad for the guys that need parts is that the hard to find parts type cars are treated the same as a 90s mini van,, instead of separated out and let be picked over more thoroughly  like in the olden days.. :no:

tell me about it, recent discoveries make 3 screwed up Maxima/910 center consoles....

• Like 1

I went to Rancho Cordova to check out the '74 710. There were already 2 620s in the lot when I arrived!

This friendly guy (not the owner) was dressed to match this 620:

DSCN5725_zps9e489fd9.jpg

DSCN5724_zps7e6800fe.jpg

There is still a lot of useful stuff on the 610 - it looks like it had aftermarket a/c, though it isn't all there. Other than the seats, and nasty-looking muck in the cylinders, it is in pretty good shape. I took some dash parts, but I didn't hulk-smash the dashboard apart, so there's still lots of useful stuff - if anyone out there needs a blue clock or nice taillights or irs stuff or some black interior panels:

DSCN5726_zps1de23e69.jpg

DSCN5731_zps7f577a1e.jpg

DSCN5730_zpsf645b4b9.jpg

DSCN5729_zpsc87c72ba.jpg

DSCN5728_zps259f4c82.jpg

DSCN5727_zps012028bf.jpg

The red king cab 620 is a member here.. its heretic's.

Yeah - I met them at the 610... when I saw their trucks, I figured that they would be there at the freshest Datsun!

The pair of trucks were owned by a nice father-son Datsun team (they got the 610's cylinder head)

There is still a lot of useful stuff on the 610 - it looks like it had aftermarket a/c, though it isn't all there. Other than the seats, and nasty-looking muck in the cylinders, it is in pretty good shape. I took some dash parts, but I didn't hulk-smash the dashboard apart, so there's still lots of useful stuff - if anyone out there needs a blue clock or nice taillights or irs stuff or some black interior panels:

DSCN5726_zps1de23e69.jpg

I actually do need a part (or few...) off of a Black interior sedan: I could use a rear passenger door panel (mine has a ragged rip in it); How was the back seat (both pieces)?; Front Seat Belts?

Let me know!

I actually do need a part (or few...) off of a Black interior sedan: I could use a rear passenger door panel (mine has a ragged rip in it); How was the back seat (both pieces)?; Front Seat Belts?

Let me know!

The interior plastic was very nice actually - the dash pad had some cracks, but the door panels and seatbelts all looked nice. The seat covers were all shot, but it looked more like they were dried-out by the weather than lots of miles, so they could get new life from a recovering. It looked like the car had sat for a really really long time, so it might be musty in there - the seats all had gross covers/ scraps of fabric covering them...and the original fabric was toast under those covers. Carpet & headliner wasn't awful, if I remember correctly. The rear package tray was there, but it had some cracks that would need to be repaired.

The interior plastic was very nice actually - the dash pad had some cracks, but the door panels and seatbelts all looked nice. The seat covers were all shot, but it looked more like they were dried-out by the weather than lots of miles, so they could get new life from a recovering. It looked like the car had sat for a really really long time, so it might be musty in there - the seats all had gross covers/ scraps of fabric covering them...and the original fabric was toast under those covers. Carpet & headliner wasn't awful, if I remember correctly. The rear package tray was there, but it had some cracks that would need to be repaired.

Then, I would want the (previously mis-spoken) rear DRIVER'S side door panel and the seat belts (complete with buckles)...let me know if (/when?) you are going back and I can PayPal you some money for these items. I won't need the door plastics or the pull handles/arm rests.

• Like 1

Then, I would want the (previously mis-spoken) rear DRIVER'S side door panel and the seat belts (complete with buckles)...let me know if (/when?) you are going back and I can PayPal you some money for these items. I won't need the door plastics or the pull handles/arm rests.

It was a full day for me to get there and back - maybe there is someone closer to Sacramento?

nice meeting you Will, your 710 is beautiful & the interior is AWESOME.

That junk yard 610 could have been "save-able" BUT it had A LOT of rust around the front windshield & rear window as well. Will is correct on his assessment, that thing had been sitting so long the tires were rotted flat. the L20 was shot with the #3 cylinder full of water & completely rusted, I didn't pull the oil pan or plug but I'm sure it was equally as bad. the only reason I pulled the head is because it's a U60 & my fingers are crossed I can save it..... sooooo.... IMO this car would be a PERFECT parts car to keep a much better 610 on the road.