Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at the Pull-N-Save in Spokane on Saturday and as I was leaving, a guy pulled up towing an '85 720 on a U-Haul tow dolly. I asked if he was going to scrap the pick-up.  He told me he was, and indicated the reason why is that he couldn't get it to start. Evidently it was running ok, but the carb had "given out". The truck was bone stock and straight. I would have given him the $250 the junkyard was offering, but it was an automatic, and I wasn't sure if you could flat-tow those transmissions like that or not. He had just put it in neutral. I'm sure it will come up on the yard website as a driver. I'll post pics then.

While it's not optimal to flat-tow any car drive-wheels-down, you really have to get some distance to do damage to most Datsuns.   I tow-dollied an automatic 510 35 miles and the trans was fine.  And I tow-dollied a manual 620 KC from Spokane to Tacoma 70MPH across State (intended it to be a parts truck but drove it until the cab practially fell off from rust).  Normally I pull the driveshaft but I could see the back widow nests so I just rolled with it.  Not a good idea, but it was OK.

Reality is that if the truck wasn't driven into the yard they'll just punch holes in the tanks and put it with the rest of the pick-part cars.

Oh yeah? 

Sorry to post this Craigslist ad in this section but this is a high visibility section and someone needs to jump on these;

Look at this, this is the deal of the century....

http://butte.craigslist.org/pts/4245860823.html

The Craigslist thread also has a lot of visibility  :rofl:

Those are some screaming deals though for sure.

LKQ in Hesperia

1980 210 wagon. It was pretty sun burnt. Interior plastic pretty crumbled at the touch. The dash and headliner were completely cracked. It had good body parts on it if you were in need. I took the antenna for a fellow ratsuner and was going to take the instrument panel but the speedo needle was busted so I only took the delete plate which was what I really needed from it. The yard is supposed to have an 810 but I was in a time crunch and didn't try to find it to snap pics.

079E5B06-0DA0-4464-BF8E-B13E4EC325ED_zps

61A1A168-994B-4856-9BCE-2057EC289C2F_zps

4AF7EA43-F1A9-4B5C-B5DF-1165903FDEB3_zps

69391CDF-781F-488F-A279-573C093B014F_zps

6A373E00-E9AF-4AB0-8C51-37C520E73A14_zps

I love this solution to a missing glove box door

FE117BC1-FA47-4ECC-95CF-5801F8298318_zps

F7993450-9A59-45D1-9298-6B002A293979_zps

The headliner

3550CC99-31AB-4D91-A03C-D312DE5C92C1_zps

FF03C7B7-49C9-4954-BB08-0F8E3BD31DF3_zps

How much would it cost for the drivers side front outer marker light off of that 82 210?

You mean the 1980? You after the turn signal lens cover or the lens cover that is on the side of the headlight? I almost pulled all of those too. I think they charge $2-4 for them. Unfortunately, I won't be going back there any time soon. That yard is 90 miles away from me. If there's someone else in the Hesperia area maybe they can grab them for you. Otherwise check ebay. When you search ebay also search B310 as there are some parts in Taiwan you can get.

• Like 1

LKQ Bakersfield;

71 521 Good Straight Body Panels interior gone...

77 210 Round Headlight; Rear ended but the rest of the car virtually complete!

79 280zx Lots inside Black interior

83 280z maroon interior mostly gone

80-82 720 Freshly placed, I got the taillights!

82-84 720 3 or 4

I have not seen so many Datsuns in one place lately!

Need pics!  Why were you in Bako?  Kind of far...

I was picking up a couple of keys of glass...uh no...

I buy and sell Datsun parts for a living.

My bread and butter is salvage yards.

Far...pshaw! I live for that sweet, sweet mileage deduction.

I don't have smart phone I have a dumb phone.

That work for ya?

At the Monrovia PickaPart there is a 210 SL Wagon , a 210 2 door sedan that looked like Colourbox but upon closer look it was a '79, a B210 Hatchback , and 3 Z's...Unfortunately somebody beat me to the SL Gauge Cluster Assembly :devil:  

lol...you should have grabbed the wiring for the SL cluster...it would have helped whom ever is going to rewire your car to use that cluster.

I think it still had the steering wheel on Saturday...My friends went Sunday...they said the both 210s were stripped and picked over by 1pm !

Just got the camshaft...lifters were gone already.