NM 521

Oilspot

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this morning I'm about ready to put the heater all back together. I check and the fan doesn't wanna work. Check fuses, confirm I've got power to the unit, check yeah thats all in order.

So I figure the next logical step is to rip the damn posts off the back of the motor assembly like a moron. 

0mbchdx.jpg

Well shit!!!!

I compose myself as to move on only to realize, after pulling the back motor cover off that this is is Simplest little electric motor to disassemble and that practically nothing can go wrong with it..... Unless (you rip the damn prongs off). 

Anybody have a good 521 fan motor the wanna sell me? 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Surely you can route some new wire into it?

Yeah.  Had to take a few moments to compose myself and come up with a plan. Was able to punch some 7/64 holes through the inside of the rear housing. Confirmed that I've got space to run small bolts, double nutted, hanging out the back side of the motor to create male "lugs" that I can work with. 

3tXKwIh.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yeah.... In installed these sweet ass dangle balls earlier in the week🤣. Mind you, they are quick release via some strong ass little magnets (the truck sustained nocLYt8Ey.jpg permanent injuries in this process). 

It's hard to be in a bad mood cruisin' around with these beauties floppin in the breeze!!!!!

I get to so much love, thumbs us, ugly looks, etc every time I take the little truck for a drive. I really feel sorry for people that take themselves to seriously. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Oilspot said:

Yeah.  Had to take a few moments to compose myself and come up with a plan. Was able to punch some 7/64 holes through the inside of the rear housing. Confirmed that I've got space to run small bolts, double nutted, hanging out the back side of the motor to create male "lugs" that I can work with. 

3tXKwIh.jpg

Got it put back together.q8498Mw.jpg

f2barnZ.jpg

Heater box is back in. Just need to pick up a small chunk of 1/2" tubing in the morning so I can butt the heater hoses (molded to bulk) and then should have a working, cleaned up heater system.

• Like 6
On 11/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, Oilspot said:

Oh yeah.... In installed these sweet ass dangle balls earlier in the week🤣. Mind you, they are quick release via some strong ass little magnets (the truck sustained nocLYt8Ey.jpg permanent injuries in this process). 

It's hard to be in a bad mood cruisin' around with these beauties floppin in the breeze!!!!!

I get to so much love, thumbs us, ugly looks, etc every time I take the little truck for a drive. I really feel sorry for people that take themselves to seriously. 🤣🤣🤣

where did you get dingle balls  and strips 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Oilspot said:

It when my fiance said "it's gonna look like a damn Mexican taxi" that I realized these were gonna need to be semi permanent for a while!!!!! 

haha, my mom said my truck looks like a gardener's truck.  Gave me a metal cross to hang in the window to really set it off too.  

• Like 3

My taillight housings are falling apart!!!!!

The lens aren't really bad, but if you even look at the housings wrong they crumble apart. Most of the bulbs are just sitting in the broken out holes. Does anybody have a set they'd be willing to sell me? 

I need a shifter boot bad also. I see there's no shortage of them on eBay. But some of the reviews say they don't fit/ stay in the hole. They're not expensive, but if they don't stay together then I've just wasted $40, and from the looks of the sellers, the refund may take forever. Can anybody point me to a vendor that sells a quality, good fitting shifter boot? 

@Jakes Makes That guy is making repop ones, so reach out to him.  I have one of the ebay shifter boots (but with a 5 speed) and it works although its split in a couple places so I think at this point the only real route is a custom one.  I had asked the dudes who did my seat if they could do one and they said yes but I never went back to move forward with it. 

Old pic from when I still had the 4 speed and the boot looked good:

34735268186_324cea3d6e_c.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, d.p said:

That is odd man because for sure he was doing it at one time.  I would ask him if he plans on making them again. 

Just got word back, he said he'd be making more in 6months or so. 

How long did the ebay shift boot last you?