Merry Christmas & let the count down to death of 2020 begin (no love lost)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merry Christmas Angela!! and a happy new year. For me 2020 has been the most interesting and enjoyable year of my life. Lots of changes in life style I guess but none of them really 'bad'. Unemployed and loving it. The last time was '91??? but kids to look after now nothing but time. Here's to a great Christmas and an even better new year.

• Like 4

Merry Christmas everyone 

also looking forward to Solvang

2020 nothing much different for me except a governor trying to tell me what to do while he does otherwise 

work has been busier then ever 

2020 Now i have to wear a mask sometimes 

when was the last time you knew it was ok to wear a mask into the Bank LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Angela said:

Merry Christmas everyone. Dressed up for a local toys 4 Tots cruise. Thankful for a bit of normal.

Only good thing to come out of this year to was time to work on my truck. Thankful for that, too.

Take care🎅

Resized_20201219_081831_564147701951094.jpeg

Merry Christmas! Shouldn't that have commercial plates?

Those are "House Car" plates.

With House Car plates,you're not supposed to haul anything in the

bed,unless you have a canopy on it.I had a '68 F250 that had these plates.

An ex-CHP officer informed me that I could be liable to a big fine.

1 hour ago, angliagt said:

Pretty sure they didn't have commercial plates back then. I have commercial plates on mine but that's only because it came from Oregon into CA. 

1 hour ago, angliagt said:

Really? That's interesting. Have not had any issues so far. When I bought this truck a few years back it had different (new style) plates. I had a set of vintage plates I picked up at the Eagle Rock meet that I was saving for whenever the right 521 came along & got them approved by the CA DMV without any flak. So glad to have my truck dialed in the way I'd hoped...just never had the time. Working on it has kept me sane & mostly grounded during all this insanity. Looking forward to 2021 & getting back to a new normal...good friends, DATSUN meets & scavenging for shit I don't really need.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Pretty sure they didn't have commercial plates back then. I have commercial plates on mine but that's only because it came from Oregon into CA. 

Every pickup was required to get commercial plates in 1973 (I think).

I had a '72-1/2 Toyota Hilux (RN22) that I had to get new plates for.  

3 hours ago, Angela said:

Really? That's interesting. Have not had any issues so far. When I bought this truck a few years back it had different (new style) plates. I had a set of vintage plates I picked up at the Eagle Rock meet that I was saving for whenever the right 521 came along & got them approved by the CA DMV without any flak. So glad to have my truck dialed in the way I'd hoped...just never had the time. Working on it has kept me sane & mostly grounded during all this insanity. Looking forward to 2021 & getting back to a new normal...good friends, DATSUN meets & scavenging for shit I don't really need.

most cops will need a reason other then that to pull you over 

then the plate issue might come up 

if it does you tell them dmv approved these plates not my fault and move forward from there 

I had a chevy truck with car plates from the dealer drove it for a few years before i got pulled over and the cop told me about needing commercial plates 

then later had a ford truck with commercial plates i put a camper shell on and changed to non commercial car plates to save commercial weight fees 

its all a bunch of CA bullshit but as stated they are incorrect plates 

I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT IT TILL A COP BRINGS IT UP 

• Like 1

I told my wife I had to go out to get a live center.  She wanted to know why I wanted a football player. I told her it was a part for the lathe. She said if I buy for myself why try to get me a present I can use?  I told her buy books!

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I never got a Davy Crockett coonskin hat, but otherwise I grew up and turned out alright.

42 minutes ago, angliagt said:

And I never got a Flexi Flyer,but 60 years of therapy

has cured that (almost). 

Maybe chasing Datsuns filled that lonely hole in my soul.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, angliagt said:

Every pickup was required to get commercial plates in 1973 (I think).

I had a '72-1/2 Toyota Hilux (RN22) that I had to get new plates for.  

Commercial plates required unless a permanently attached camper shell attached.

• Like 1
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 12:31 AM, ratpatrol66 said:

Hindsight is a FUCKED up thing and 2020 has sucked!!! Maybe this will ease our pain?

WTF? Pulled off Yuktube. They don't like RATSUN?

Muther fucks. I know Christmas is over but don't take this from me!!!

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 1