Merry Christmas & let the count down to death of 2020 begin (no love lost)

On 12/24/2020 at 6:38 PM, Angela said:

Merry Christmas everyone. Dressed up for a local toys 4 Tots cruise. Thankful for a bit of normal.

Only good thing to come out of this year to was time to work on my truck. Thankful for that, too.

Take care🎅

Resized_20201219_081831_564147701951094.jpeg

Ok, so a well-deserved, highly anticipated New Year is upon us. What are your biggest aspirations for your DATSUN  2021? Put your wish list in writing so it's more than a thought or daydream. I hope & pray all the California Datsun meets & events happen this year so we can see what 2021 dreams came true!

• Like 2
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to get time to get back to the 620, I have to finish the engine install. I'm thinking of some chassis mods to fit it in easier and re do the extractors, well the whole exhaust then. If the chassis mods work a rack and pinion should fit, then I have some 300zx 4 piston calipers there, d22 spindles. 

Also on the project list- finish cnc lathe and mill control retro fit, build cnc plasma table. Just have to fit this in between three kids and running 2 businesses, learning to program in C and python. 

Yep, sounds easy, wonder what I'm going to do by March? I will have to find another project. 

• Like 3

So far, so good. 2021 is here & I'm gonna push the positive. The sun will come up later today, I'll go out to the tent(s) my 521 & 510 wagon are parked under & kiss each hood ornament with gratitude & thank the Datsun God(s) for keeping me sane enough to make it through a truly f'd up year & know we're on to better times. I won't delude myself into thinking a calendar change will suddenly make everything right but it's a start. Sometimes that's all we need. My 521 benefited greatly from me being furloughed & got a rebuilt L20b, 5 speed transmission, new radiator upgrade, carpet kit, headliner, painted 521 dash (thanks Ted), installed my overrider/coffin handle bar to front bumper (Thx again Ted), New tail light housings & heater box boot (thx Jakemakes), powder-coated my steelies & heater box, rebuilt my heater, found & installed a set of original Datsun side mirrors & a few other nitpicky things I never had time to do. I spent hours & hours of down time just doing Datsun stuff & loved every minute.

2021 will be for my wagon. I plan on addressing any rust that might be popping up, treating/prepping the rattle can roof & installing the NOS vinyl top finally. I'd like to have the windows properly tinted to protect the not so new anymore interior restoration from a couple years ago & maybe have it lowered a bit. Big dream$ but why the hell not? 

I really like to hear what others are planning so please jump in & add your 2 cents 🙂

Resized_20201213_012953_272961756597068.jpeg

Edited by Angela
  • Like 3
On 12/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, Angela said:

Ok, so a well-deserved, highly anticipated New Year is upon us. What are your biggest aspirations for your DATSUN  2021? Put your wish list in writing so it's more than a thought or daydream. I hope & pray all the California Datsun meets & events happen this year so we can see what 2021 dreams came true!

Oh I have very big things coming for my truck in 2021, but 2020 was great for me as there was less traffic on the 91 freeway. Hope yours is better.

• Like 1

I can say with the certainty of experience, that there is no condition or position, good or bad, that you may find yourself in, in this universe, that is exempt from getting worse in the future. It's entropy as applied to the human condition. Order ---> to disorder. The best you can hope for is the rate of change from order to disorder is slow enough that 2021 seems like 2020.  It's comes as no surprise then, that looking back from a future time we remember the past as 'the good old days.'