15 hours ago, paradime said:

Why, because I confront BS 100% of the time? Like you Matt, I want comprehensive immigration reform, and MUCH tighter border control, but we're sure as hell not going to get there Texas style guns a blaze'n. BTW, can you give me the source of your news story, because it sounds like they made some "creative mistakes" on what actually happened there. The bloviated rhetoric in Abbott's letter is a politician playing to his base in an election year. And yes, Biden is playing the same stupid game. Governor Tex has since walked back on his standoff and opened up the site again for the feds. Here's my sources for the story so you can fact check it against your version if you like.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/01/24/texas-border-wire-supreme-court/

Texas style guns a blazing ? That's quite the exaggeration but that would be one way to fix the problem. I'd also like to see land mines, gun towers and a real effort. Of course to be humane and fair Mexico would be warned about these deterrents for public safety. And if you still try and die so be it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Not so much 140 years later. Welcome legal immigration yes. Any stopping of this human tidal wave, nay tsunami, must be humane, has to be humane. The world is watching. If a wall there has to be portals and proper immigration and with return policy.

An ounce of prevention. Look into why there is mass migrations and their causes and deal with that much farther south.

• Like 2

The dirty little secret of immigration is it is actually a way to combat the decreasing birth rate - we are at 1.64 and need to be at 2.1 to maintain our population.

Last thing we need are a bunch of old people on SS with no young blood!  If we burden the young generations with our old asses, they may vote to get rid of us(!)  LOL

And then no matter who immigrates, that all have one characteristic:  they are ambitious.  Even the criminals.  Ambition along with work ethic is gone from this country.  And if you are involved with trying to hire people to work, it's not easy.  There are signs here (SW PA) for Help Wanted.  A local garage:  Mechanic Wanted.

WHAT SUCKS, is that border states are being overrun.  I wonder how they managed all the immigrants coming thru Ellis Island?  I'm sure they didn't let them pile up in NYC (or did they?

I'm 71 and will not live long enough to see the Shit Show that is starting to unfold.  Criminal AI and Quantum Computing - Yeah Baby!   LOL, it would be great if they had to shut down the internet.  Then we'd have to do stuff for realzies!

Like drive old Datsuns!  even "modern" ones LOL

• Like 3
4 hours ago, yenpit said:

Gosh, maybe Trump has way more on his mind, figuring out how he is gonna SAVE AMERICA, that he doesn't think about his "spray tan"................ugh.  Yer TDS is blooming!!!!! 😵😆🙄😂

You honestly think Trump spends one minute thinking how he is going to save America? Where does this come from? Trump? Trump thinks about one thing, himself. He's destroying the Republican party and people are cheering this on. The country is sliding into a world of shit and our "Leaders" are getting shittier and shittier each election cycle. We are in a race to the bottom.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
12 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Look into why there is mass migrations and their causes and deal with that much farther south.

Oh, did you miss the announcement.  VP Harris is on that job.  Consider it covered and well accomplished, just like her.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

And then no matter who immigrates, that all have one characteristic:  they are ambitious.  Even the criminals.  Ambition along with work ethic is gone from this country.  And if you are involved with trying to hire people to work, it's not easy.  There are signs here (SW PA) for Help Wanted.  A local garage:  Mechanic Wanted.

WHAT SUCKS, is that border states are being overrun.  I wonder how they managed all the immigrants coming thru Ellis Island?  I'm sure they didn't let them pile up in NYC (or did they)?

I agree with some of your assessment, but it can't be uncontrolled.  Ellis Island processing you basically had to have a sponsor.  Many stayed in NYC, but a lot went further west or other points as well.  

• Like 2

Yes, there is population decline. It's not that obvious because it takes generations to show up but you need people to make and deliver the pizzas and tend the infrastructures. Right now the baby boomers are all retired/retiring and off the job market. They didn't all have 4 or 5 kids and their kids have families of much less size.

I went to school with a kid who had 14 siblings!!!! In the '60s a neighbor had 6 daughters so luckily number 7 was finally a boy. The first was caused by religion and last by ego.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

You honestly think Trump spends one minute thinking how he is going to save America? Where does this come from? Trump? Trump thinks about one thing, himself. He's destroying the Republican party and people are cheering this on. The country is sliding into a world of shit and our "Leaders" are getting shittier and shittier each election cycle. We are in a race to the bottom.

Yes, I do believe in Trump.  Yes, I believe he is likely the only GOP candidate, with balls enough to stand up to these other countries, who are eyeing us to destroy, due to Brandon's idiotic policies.  Yes, I watch conservative news............mostly Centerpoint, Flashpoint & Mike Huckabee (and yes, some FOX NEWS!! 😆), among others.  Like the Democratic party, the Republican party also has its internal issues.  Trump came in as a business man, not a politician & attempted to "drain the swamp", which includes BOTH parties & much more.  Am I personally, all those terrible things, that the left accuses Trump supporters of?  Of course not............that is what they do & say, to smear good American people, that have a different opinion! 😜  Look, this is an obvious difference in opinion & I am ok with that.  I have known datzenmike here on Ratsun for years, so yes, I feel ok poking at him sometimes! 😏😁

• Like 1

Standing up to what other countries? He kisses Putin and Rocket Man's asses and tried to nullify NATO which would really have helped Putin in Ukraine these last couple of years. Yes he did do some things positive but is now mired in a vast swamp of his own making worse than it was before '16. He is off his rocker and worse than Biden cognitively, and that's saying a LOT!!! They both need to go.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Standing up to what other countries? He kisses Putin and Rocket Man's asses and tried to nullify NATO which would really have helped Putin in Ukraine these last couple of years. Yes he did do some things positive but is now mired in a vast swamp of his own making worse than it was before '16. He is off his rocker and worse than Biden cognitively, and that's saying a LOT!!! They both need to go.

Was there PEACE during Trump's term?  HE successfully created peace in the Middle East with the Abraham Accords.  If you are not aware of that, look it up.........it might be an educational read!  North Korea, China & Russia were NOT a major threat during his term, cuz he worked hard at maintaining a mutual agreement with each of them.  Did he "kiss ass"?  Sure, maybe, but THAT is one way to maintain peace & respect.  He never "gave in", like Brandon & his idiotic policies! 😡  Brandon is a leftist puppet, likely being puppeteered by Obama & his leftist "organization".  "Worse than Biden......" tells me enough about your viewpoint, although you have already made that clear here.  NATO & the UN are NOT perfect organizations or ideologies, especially in the last few years, under Brandon.  TDS is a dangerous road to follow.............. 🙄

• Like 2

Peace? You mean Russia invading Ukraine? Well the world did nothing about it and at the time I said Putin should have got a kick in the nuts. Then there's the Middle East and so here we are today. So much for appeasement and ass kissing.  It makes you look weak on the world stage.

image.jpeg.2c73c9a4c37969ce16293f8cec6f8bc3.jpeg

Russia invaded Ukraine in Bidens first year and everyone stood down. Biden fucked up the Afghan withdrawal as everyone knew it would be under him. Biden keeps bombing all sorts of new targets world wide.. Might as well do it in Texas too. 

Biden is a massive CUNT..  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well he annexed (another word for invaded) Ukraine Crimea in '14 on Biden's watch as Veep under Obama. If someone had kicked him in the cock back then maybe '21 wouldn't have happened.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Peace? You mean Russia invading Ukraine? Well the world did nothing about it and at the time I said Putin should have got a kick in the nuts. Then there's the Middle East and so here we are today. So much for appeasement and ass kissing.  It makes you look weak on the world stage.

.........didn't all of that happen AFTER Brandon took office?  My point was, that we had peace during Trump's term, for a reason.........Trump.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Well he annexed (another word for invaded) Ukraine Crimea in '14 on Biden's watch as Veep under Obama. If someone had kicked him in the cock back then maybe '21 wouldn't have happened.

But the point is, Trump maintained PEACE during his term.  Where are we miscommunicating? 🤔 I agree with what you said here......................

• Like 1
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Oh please. You think Trump's cognitive ability is worse than Biden's ??????? And kissing the NK dictator's ass ? I guess you didn't notice the lack of threats against America after Trump was elected ? It's really hard to take you seriously sometimes. Trump did stand up to other countries, how you missed that I don't know. Uninformed I guess. NATO has been walking all over the U.S. forever. Trump told them to pay their fair share or we're out. It worked.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Are you confused ? Russia invaded Ukraine after Trump left office. Why did he wait ? Maybe he (Putin) knew better ? 

• Like 2

I'm not confused. Russia invaded Ukraine 10 years ago in 2014, well before Trump, and annexed a big chunk of it including the Crimean Peninsula. Where were you in '14?

an·nex
verb
past tense: annexed; past participle: annexed
/aˈneks,ˈaˌneks/
    • add (territory) to one's own territory by appropriation.
      "the left bank of the Rhine was annexed by France in 1797"

noun: appropriation; plural noun: appropriations
      1. 1.
        the action of taking something for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission.
        "the appropriation of parish funds"

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Rapist Trump to pay 87 million if defamation suit. My Schadenfreude is really kicking in. Him and Rhudi what a pair.

IN THE STATE OF NY!!!!!!  Trump is the wicked witch of the north in NY................he has no chance in any lawsuit in NY, cuz NY is as leftist corrupt as they come.  Our judicial system does NOT work as it should, simple as that.  Do I think this would not have happened in just about any other State?  Yup, I do 🤨

• Like 1
2 hours ago, yenpit said:

IN THE STATE OF NY!!!!!!  Trump is the wicked witch of the north in NY................he has no chance in any lawsuit in NY, cuz NY is as leftist corrupt as they come.  Our judicial system does NOT work as it should, simple as that.  Do I think this would not have happened in just about any other State?  Yup, I do 🤨

So, found guilty of rape in a civil trial? and $10 million settlement against him and instead of keeping his mouth shut, mouths off about his accuser publicly and on the record gets sued for this and awarded $83 million. Any of this untrue? Now I wasn't there for the rape and apparently no one believed him hell it wasn't even a 'he said she said' tie, but his attack on the accuser is definitely on record. Maybe the amount is over the top but he got exactly what he deserved for that. To quote Mathew76... he's a massive cunt.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

So, found guilty of rape in a civil trial? and $10 million settlement against him and instead of keeping his mouth shut, mouths off about his accuser publicly and on the record gets sued for this and awarded $83 million. Any of this untrue? Now I wasn't there for the rape and apparently no one believed him hell it wasn't even a 'he said she said' tie, but his attack on the accuser is definitely on record. Maybe the amount is over the top but he got exactly what he deserved for that. To quote Mathew76... he's a massive cunt.

It is a bullshit case with no actual evidence.

His "attack" is not on the record. 1. it is a civil case, 2. even the jury said they didn't believe he raped her, the judge said "I don't care" and declared it, with the case being defamation and sexual abuse against Carroll for Trump saying he didn't rape her. REMEMBER THE JURY SAID HE DIDN'T RAPE HER, 3. there is no evidence they ever met, 4. exculpatory evidence that the accused is batshit crazy was blocked by the judge (various tweets and a tv interview where she stated "rape is sexy". 5. the judge is heavily biased against Trump in a heavily biased area, 6. NY actually changed the law to allow her to bring this case as it was past the statue of limitations, 7. the she couldn't even remember the year it happened. 8. aside from her word which has changed several times there is NOTHING that actually puts him there at the scene, 9, she lied multiple times (i.e., the dress she kept and said she was wearing wasn't even made until several years later, 10. her statements are almost exactly the same as a Law and Order episode, which she claims to not remember, even though she is on record as being a large Law and Order fan.  

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/05/09/trump-did-not-rape-e-jean-carroll-jury-finds-but-still-owes-her-5-million/

TLDR: Crazy ugly woman waits 30 years to claim rich man raped her when it was politically expedient. He said vs. she said and she is a completely unreliable witness.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1