So the governor of this state (NM) issued an emergency health order yesterday. Open carry / concealed carry rights have been suspended in violent counties for the next 30 days. She was granted power to create emergency health orders at the start of the Rona virus and has never been relieved of them. The reasoning behind this is some of the most recent gun violence has taken the lives of children under the age of 13 (2 in the past 3 weeks). While these are horrifying events, I believe she is barking up the wrong tree. People that have a concealed carry license have been trained and more likely than not, are not the problem. Likewise with most open carry people. This state, under her leadership, has become soft on crime and she is now reaping the benefits of her actions by the violence in our state.

Hey lady, have you read the constitution? This is just another example of government trying to take away our freedoms little by little. This state is moderate left but I think this action will harm her political career. With any luck.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, KELMO said:

So the governor of this state (NM) issued an emergency health order yesterday. Open carry / concealed carry rights have been suspended in violent counties for the next 30 days. She was granted power to create emergency health orders at the start of the Rona virus and has never been relieved of them. The reasoning behind this is some of the most recent gun violence has taken the lives of children under the age of 13 (2 in the past 3 weeks). While these are horrifying events, I believe she is barking up the wrong tree. People that have a concealed carry license have been trained and more likely than not, are not the problem. Likewise with most open carry people. This state, under her leadership, has become soft on crime and she is now reaping the benefits of her actions by the violence in our state.

Hey lady, have you read the constitution? This is just another example of government trying to take away our freedoms little by little. This state is moderate left but I think this action will harm her political career. With any luck.

These "emergency orders" have given Governors way too much authority to dictate whatever they want.Notice which political party seem to be the ones taking advantage ? 

• Like 2

With all the freedoms afforded us by the 2nd amendment, I have no F'n clue how state governors can deal with gun violence in the US without coming under fire from one side or the other. It seems that in this tug of war, logic and common sense have left the building. Politicians aren't willing to risk losing office by touching the gun reform 3rd rail. Out of the 10 states with the highest gun related homicide rates, NM has the only (D) governor, opening the door for their brand of shenanigans. Her slide of hand 30 day suspension of carry / concealed is illogical, and she knows it will accomplish nothing. But, it makes it appear as if she's doing something about it, and that's all that matters going into the primaries with optics of having the blood of 2 children on her hands.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, paradime said:

With all the freedoms afforded us by the 2nd amendment, I have no F'n clue how state governors can deal with gun violence in the US without coming under fire from one side or the other. It seems that in this tug of war, logic and common sense have left the building. Politicians aren't willing to risk losing office by touching the gun reform 3rd rail. Out of the 10 states with the highest gun related homicide rates, NM has the only (D) governor, opening the door for their brand of shenanigans. Her slide of hand 30 day suspension of carry / concealed is illogical, and she knows it will accomplish nothing. But, it makes it appear as if she's doing something about it, and that's all that matters going into the primaries with optics of having the blood of 2 children on her hands.  

Try looking up these stats without including suicides and not per capita, but total.  Pretty hard to find.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, KELMO said:

You didn't really think they'd stop at forcing you to wear a mask did you?

This is a test balloon to see what we will tolerate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Try looking up these stats without including suicides and not per capita, but total.  Pretty hard to find.

Data collection on this shit is a silly putty all it's own. Taken as a grain of salt, it's a handy way to make a point here. For total number, it's TX followed close behind by Cali. That said, the state population of NM is 2 mil, TX 30 mil, and CA is 39 mil. Almost a 20 to 1 ratio, so "total" is an inaccurate measuring stick, but it's a handy grain of salt all the same.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, paradime said:

Data collection on this shit is a silly putty all it's own. Taken as a grain of salt, it's a handy way to make a point here. For total number, it's TX followed close behind by Cali. That said, the state population of NM is 2 mil, TX 30 mil, and CA is 39 mil. Almost a 20 to 1 ratio, so "total" is an inaccurate measuring stick, but it's a handy grain of salt all the same.  

Eight out of ten data points, referenced on the internet, lack necessary scientific rigor to be considered valid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, john510 said:

These "emergency orders" have given Governors way too much authority to dictate whatever they want.Notice which political party seem to be the ones taking advantage ? 

Yes they have and yes I have.

15 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Were the murders perpetrated by CCW permit holders? 

The first one, no. The second one the police have no idea who did it, but I'm willing to bet no.

15 hours ago, Ooph! said:

You didn't really think they'd stop at forcing you to wear a mask did you?

This is a test balloon to see what we will tolerate.

No, I didn't think they would stop at the mask mandate...I knew they wouldn't stop.

I told Missus Kelmo just after this story broke that their statement about re-evaluating this after 30 days is BS. It is just another gateway to oh, wait, the destruction of America.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is part of thier mandate for being " inclusive". If they just singled out and prosecuted those carrying illegally or commit gun crimes it would perpetuate the stigma that certain demographics are being targeted and are  "overrepresented" in the prison system. You end up in jail because you are guilty, quit claiming other reasons. I don't commit crimes, never seen the inside of a jail cell, funny how that has worked out.

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

This is part of thier mandate for being " inclusive". If they just singled out and prosecuted those carrying illegally or commit gun crimes it would perpetuate the stigma that certain demographics are being targeted and are  "overrepresented" in the prison system. You end up in jail because you are guilty, quit claiming other reasons. I don't commit crimes, never seen the inside of a jail cell, funny how that has worked out.

To that end; over the past several years this administration (state) has released some prisoners early that probably shouldn't have been released. One of the cases that brought attention was of a guy that was convicted because his girlfriend testified against him. There is a recorded phone call where he threatens to kill her, (this was not monitored but they record all prisoner phone calls as I understand it) gets an early release, finds where she lives, goes there and kills her.

This state has become soft on crime so if a criminal kills somebody, said criminal is not too concerned about being incarcerated or being held responsible.

On another note, the latest crime trend is to boost liquor from a store in broad daylight, (like walk in, fill up a backpack, and walk out) and then catch a CITY BUS to make their escape.

FWIW, never seen the inside of a jail cell either. Well, maybe those ones where you get locked up for charity and people buy your freedom....dammit, I may be a politician.

• Sad 1

Looks kind of staged. The guy doing the hitting doesn't seem to be putting much effort into it. Moving slow and pulling his punches. If it was my store the thief would need a lot of help walking out. Thieves need to be boot fucked. Hard!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
57 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

It would have been even more heartwarming if they beat him up better than that.Use a bigger stick next time.On his hands ! Sounds mean I know but I'm sick of seeing these thieves getting away with this shit.Apply justice now because nobody else will.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Lets not forget this singles out "violent counties", and while this seems valid, I'm sure these are populated with "certain demographics". God forbid a Democrat perpetuates such stigma though. I don't believe carrying guns makes a community safer, but thinking that taking away the rights of everyone to defend themselves and their property is going to reduce gun violence in these crime ridden counties is bat shit ridiculous. If anyone uses a lethal weapon to commit a violent crime, F circumstance, that should be game over.  

As for my own jail time, I was an outlaw once and paid the price. I hadn't even finished my 1st beer, but was put in county detox for "unintentionally" giving an undercover cop a shoe flat.. twice. 😅 But that's a horse of another color.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, frankendat said:

Eight out of ten data points, referenced on the internet, lack necessary scientific rigor to be considered valid.

If the criteria for any given data analysis isn't included, you can rest assured it has a bias research agenda. It's the first thing I look for. Pew and Rand are the only independent non-acedemic research companies I know of who publish the criteria they use. 

3 hours ago, paradime said:

If the criteria for any given data analysis isn't included, you can rest assured it has a bias research agenda. It's the first thing I look for. Pew and Rand are the only independent non-acedemic research companies I know of who publish the criteria they use. 

And seven out of twelve are pulled directly from the ass. :)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, paradime said:

Christ, I can't spend all day fact checking the facts. I have a life.... and why I get mine from Ratsun

8 minutes ago, frankendat said:

And seven out of twelve are pulled directly from the ass. 🙂

Your aim is low.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I've seen the inside of a jail cell, for a crime I did not commit and, perhaps because of my demographic--nobody gave a shit.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, paradime said:

Lets not forget this singles out "violent counties", and while this seems valid, I'm sure these are populated with "certain demographics". God forbid a Democrat perpetuates such stigma though. I don't believe carrying guns makes a community safer, but thinking that taking away the rights of everyone to defend themselves and their property is going to reduce gun violence in these crime ridden counties is bat shit ridiculous. If anyone uses a lethal weapon to commit a violent crime, F circumstance, that should be game over.  

As for my own jail time, I was an outlaw once and paid the price. I hadn't even finished my 1st beer, but was put in county detox for "unintentionally" giving an undercover cop a shoe flat.. twice. 😅 But that's a horse of another color.

But carrying guns makes a community more polite. 

• Like 2

If the Democrats will cheat the vote in public why would anyone doubt that they would have no problem doing it in secret?

Democrats Openly Stealing RFK Jr's Votes In Iowa & New Hampshire

demscheat.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The DNC stands behind their boy Biden, and the RNC stands behind Trump. Such is nature of our 2 party system. Back in the day, when we used rational thought to choose a candidate, if one said anti vaccers have had more rights taken away than Anne Frank, or claimed chemicals in the water turns kids transgender, they'd be carted off to Bellevue. Today they're admired for speaking the truth. It's a brave new world indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

If the Democrats will cheat the vote in public why would anyone doubt that they would have no problem doing it in secret?

Democrats Openly Stealing RFK Jr's Votes In Iowa & New Hampshire

demscheat.jpg

I have not been able to put my finger on it, but the libtards are obviously NOT interested in any other candidates.  Why?  How could they POSSIBLY think that Brandon will take them anywhere?  His running mate?  Who?  Gavin POS Newsome?  What if they don't care WHO wins in 2024 at all?  What if they have an agenda, where no matter who wins the presidency, they are gonna pull the trigger on something beyond our belief?  Inciting a civil war?  Well, they successfully manipulated J6.............why not a bigger agenda?  This is getting kinda scary..................