55 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What harm to what civilian property????? It's a fucking balloon. Millions of cars pass each other just feet away at a combined speed of 100-150 MPH every day and no one cares.

Montana ... each resident has over 7.5 square miles of space. It's mostly empty. It's not hard to see and miss towns and cities meaning rural residents have even more space. Drop that fucker!!! 

The claim of harm to civilian property is that dumbfuck Biden's excuse for not knowing what to do in a timely manner.His staff seems to also be as dumb as he is.They had to think it through and get China's input as well.Montana was the place to take care of it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Been Kahooning like a MF Monk Seal!  Yous guys would be proud of my paddle.  Got a fat ass rat n wrenches on that award winning blade.  All is largely back to normal here in the Aloha state.  Car shows are happening again.  Tracks are open.  Times are good.  Had one of those balloons off Hawai'i yesterday apparently.  I think someone somewhere freaked out about it but not sure.  Mainly just lots and lots of rain here.  Had 12 inches in 24 hours Sat.  not a record, but it was enough to cancel plans.  

Mind boggling amount of rain you guys get. Glad to hear shit's get'n back to normal the car community. Nothing feels normal when you can't be with your car peeps.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Henderson Lake abut 60 miles away gets 7,296mm or 287 inches about 24 feet of rain per year. In '97, 9,307mm or 30 feet fell.

We average 3,800 or so/year.   You guys win over there in Henderson Lake.  12 inches in a day was no record, but it was a big storm for sure.  not our norm.  

And BTW.  I'm understanding of the military's decision to not shoot it down sooner, but I was certainly one of the guys yelling to shoot it down sooner.  

1 minute ago, angliagt said:

I don't think it will pass & become law,as I would expect dog owners to

fight this one hard.

They need to go after the people who drive with pets on their laps

instead.

Good point.  I see this nearly every day here in So Cal..

1 hour ago, angliagt said:

I don't think it will pass & become law,as I would expect dog owners to

fight this one hard.

They need to go after the people who drive with pets on their laps

instead.

The need to go after frivolous law proposers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

One of my old coworkers rear-ended a Tahoe on the freeway after work one day. The way he explained it, traffic came to a halt and the lady driving the Tahoe in front of him slammed on the brakes and her dog went flying out the window. He was so mesmerized by the flying dog, he didn't brake in time and rear-ended the Tahoe 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Duncan said:

Good point.  I see this nearly every day here in So Cal..

Agreed, total Idiocracy.  Sounds like it comes from an abundance of retired people with too much time on their hands. This law is part of a broader animal cruelty bill, but including over reaching crap like this, and they're giving ammunition to those who oppose it. Is it a deal breaker for Floridians? I don't know.

Promote public awareness for TURNING ON THE F"N AC, or leaving windows cracked so dogs can't hang half their body out in the sweltering heat, and problem solved... Now the question, is this a crisis that actually needs solving? Give me some reliable statistical data showing there's a crisis, or shove your ding bat money generating traffic laws up your ass. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

One of my old coworkers rear-ended a Tahoe on the freeway after work one day. The way he explained it, traffic came to a halt and the lady driving the Tahoe in front of him slammed on the brakes and her dog went flying out the window. He was so mesmerized by the flying dog, he didn't brake in time and rear-ended the Tahoe 🤣

I'll bet the lady had whiplash and the dog was fine. LOL

• Like 1
1 hour ago, paradime said:

Promote public awareness for TURNING ON THE F"N AC, or leaving windows cracked so dogs can't hang half their body out in the sweltering heat, and problem solved... Now the question, is this a crisis that actually needs solving? Give me some reliable statistical data showing there's a crisis, or shove your ding bat money generating traffic laws up your ass.

I should have edited my quote a bit, but I agreed about people driving with dogs in their lap.  When I had to drive with my dogs in the car, I rolled the window down enough so they could get some air, but not enough for them to jump out.  I would never park and leave my dogs in a car.  People that do that shouldn't be allowed to have animals, IMHO.

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I should have edited my quote a bit, but I agreed about people driving with dogs in their lap.  When I had to drive with my dogs in the car, I rolled the window down enough so they could get some air, but not enough for them to jump out.  I would never park and leave my dogs in a car.  People that do that shouldn't be allowed to have animals, IMHO.

Understood, I was leap frogging on angliagt's point via your reply. To that end, same could be said for shitty parents leaving their kids in a hot car.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, paradime said:

Agreed, total Idiocracy.  Sounds like it comes from an abundance of retired people with too much time on their hands. This law is part of a broader animal cruelty bill, but including over reaching crap like this, and they're giving ammunition to those who oppose it. Is it a deal breaker for Floridians? I don't know.

Funny thing is this is local to me. Wink is my area. If you read it there are multiple different topics covered in this bill. So if you read the headlines it is like WTF.  The problem with bills like this they might sound sensible or not but everybody attaches riders to what looks like a winner and fucks things up. This is the old game of throwing out a bone and seeing how much money you or your campaign can make out of it.

• Like 1

That's one of my chief complaints too - make a bill be JUST what it's

about,without adding all that other "pork barrel" laws/spending to it.I'll bet

things would get done more efficiently,& would cut down on all that stupid

infighting between both parties.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Funny thing is this is local to me. Wink is my area. If you read it there are multiple different topics covered in this bill. So if you read the headlines it is like WTF.  The problem with bills like this they might sound sensible or not but everybody attaches riders to what looks like a winner and fucks things up. This is the old game of throwing out a bone and seeing how much money you or your campaign can make out of it.

Truly, the public has deep emotional connections to their pets, and folks can't get enough pics/vids of cute animals to get those warm fuzzies. With very little political risk, it makes sense to push an animal cruelty bill forward because folks will throw down serious money for animal protection, no questions asked. Oppose it, for what ever reason, you look like Cruella Deville, which opens the pork door wider.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

If they were in their safety restraint on the seat this would be a non issue.

Seams like a no brainer. Rhode Island passed that law in 2012, and Massachusetts tried to do the same. It opened a shit-storm of legal challenges, and it was rescinded. Maybe Florida is ahead of the curve on this one. 

• Like 1