Cars are just a very small part of chroming.  There are all kinds of industrial uses, appliances, musical instruments, and it goes on and on.  California bans it, but I can go 90 miles South of my house and get it done in Mexico.  I guess the air here on this side of the border is better...

• Like 3
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, bad Cali bad, but hexavalent chromium is nasty shit. I mean, didn't you guys see Erin Brockovich? Now watch this clip and tell me it doesn't look like Julia Roberts could suck the chromium off a trailer hitch. Okay, fuck the bling and save Julia's teeth!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

No doubt it's indispensable but it's very polluting and heavily regulated. 3rd world countries don't have the regulations andare willing to do it for the big money.

I worked at Fender for quite a few years.  Lacquer paint has been illegal here for a long time, but Fender has a spray booth that captured 100% of the fumes. AFAIK, they might be the only place that has permits to buy and use lacquer paint.  Point is, chrome might be banned in the future , but there might be technology out there to mitigate it completely.

Yeah yeah yeah.... bar-b-q burnt meat causes cancer too. Like we've been burning meat since fire was invented. Only now it's bad for you???? 

Breathing in too much dihydrogen monoxide is also very dangerous for you. Every home has this risk. Everyone knows this.

7 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Maybe when I go back to NORTHERN California (to visit),

I should buy a truckload of gas appliances & resell them there.

Heck,I might be able to afford a 50+ year old Datsun then.

You can still buy them here, it hasn't gotten that far yet but they are pushing

• Sad 2
18 hours ago, angliagt said:

Next thing you know,they'll ban water,because there

are so many drownings each year.

They're already working on it here in California.They're removing dams and draining reservoirs to save extinct fish.And while doing it constantly complaining about no water because of drought.It has absolutely nothing to do with our population being tripled since the seventies.

• Sad 2
15 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Wife and I are going shopping tomorrow for a new gas stove with gas oven.We have a electric one now and they suck.Glad we live in Georgia.

Locally, the paper has been going on about wood stove air pollution and how residents are urged to stop using them. Saying the air quality is the worst or second worse in all of BC. Horseshit!!!!! All our air blows in from the Pacific over mountains from the west coast and there are no homes or towns between. It's absolutely impossible we are anywhere near the pollution levels they claim. One thing we DO have is lots of fresh clean air. They had a referendum to ban them and got their asses whipped. Wood burning is a totally renewable heating source. (but I guess no one makes any money off of it) When I see shit like this I want to go out and get a new wood stove, the fuckers. This will shut them up for a few years. 

• Like 3

If dead wood is left on the forest floor it decomposes and releases all those gasses including methane anyway, just much slower. Might as well burn it. The carbon released is simply recycled by other trees. Basically carbon neutral.

• Like 2

Id like to bitch about the goverments special gas can necks.  I spill more fuel with all these stupid gizmos or they break non stop.  My last one that was a simple flip the cap off and open vent bit the dust.  It was rare I spilled a drop.  These others?????? No way, I get that shit all over the place, and not in a fuel tank.  Or they dont come with a cap to cover the end and promote moisture getting in there.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm with you guys on the so called "pollution free" gas cans.They spill more gas than any of the older cans.You have to wonder what idiot engineer designed it and the even bigger idiots that approved its use.I'm thinking they just designed it and never actually tested it.

• Like 1