Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, paradime said:

What can I say, when I've hadt too much coffee this shit happens. 

Coffee did that ? I figured it was alcohol and marijuana.I'll have a couple of cups of coffee and try to read it again.

Edited by john510
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, john510 said:

Coffee did that ? I figured it was alcohol and marijuana.I'll have a couple of cups of coffee and try to read it again.

Too much coffee and I have a stopping problem. Too much booze 'n weed and I have a starting problem. Pushin 60 and I'm still trying to find the right balance.

Next time I'll use the sarcasm font and maybe my caffeine induced ADHD will make more sense. 

Edited by paradime
  • Haha 1

Richard's is a brown squirrel.

We have chipmunks in the woods here and I have seen some actual squirrels but rarely. There are many in Victoria parks and maybe slowly working their way up the east coast of the island? but it's mostly evergreen woods and not much for nut trees. The other day I saw a squirrel coming out of our back yard. I have a hazelnut tree. Never seen one in town in over 30 years. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Duncan said:

When I drink too much coffee, all is do is get twitchy and pee a lot...but that's just me  🙂

I've had ONE cup of coffee in my lifetime..............I went duck hunting one Thanksgiving with my cousins in Chicago, out in the middle of a cornfield, freezing me arse off, cousin said "Here drink this!".  The warmth quickly spread throughout my body, so I begged them to take me home! 🤪  Yes, we had fresh duck that day!

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, yenpit said:

cousin said "Here drink this!".  The warmth quickly spread throughout my body, so I begged them to take me home! 🤪 

One hit and the joint turned brown!!!!

Thirty years ago I would drink between 8 and 12 cups a day. You do get addicted because caffeine does give you a small kick of alertness but you also build up a tolerance to it so you need more and more to get the same 'alertness'. I found that if it missed a few cups I was falling asleep earlier in the evening. I do not drink that amount now. Last few years I have one cup in the morning when I get up and one after my walk later that morning. The last year I switched to tea for second cup and may have 3-4 more teas during the day.

My blood pressure was always in the low 130s which is low medium and should be watched it doesn't go higher. The last doctor visit it was 120 so I said that was wrong, do again. Even lower!!! I love my bean and would hate to have to give it up. At one cup a day the craving is minimal, at a dozen a day you're a degenerate addict.

Pin on Coffee Break

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Thirty years ago I would drink between 8 and 12 cups a day.   

8 to 12 cups is a metric shitload of coffee.  Just the expense alone (these days) would force me to knock that down.  I usually have 1 cup a day, (in the morning) and occasionally I have a second cup.  Since I've retired, getting a slow start on my day is indeed a luxury....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Duncan said:

8 to 12 cups is a metric shitload of coffee.  Just the expense alone (these days) would force me to knock that down.  I usually have 1 cup a day, (in the morning) and occasionally I have a second cup.  Since I've retired, getting a slow start on my day is indeed a luxury....

I would brew a pot and drink a couple before work while filling my liter thermos. Leave the office and go directly to the coffee shop. Almost always we could fine a coffee shop or two or three, while draining my thermos. Then home an microwave the left overs from the morning. Never less than 8 cups.

Terminator 2 Sarah Connor freak out 1991 - YouTube

I'm better now Dr. Silberman

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tim Hortons Mike? My wife and I spent a couple of weeks in Canada this summer and whatever old Timmies puts in their coffee and breakfast sandwiches makes quitting an opioid addiction look like child's play. It's a crack house disguised as a fast food joint. Somehow ended up in one twice in one day and ate those maple bacon egg and cheese sandwiches 3 mornings in a row along with a serving of crack coffee for the wife. Timmies is the destruction of Canada but a damn tasty way to go. 

• Haha 2