Covid-19 Prepared?

Actually I didn't put any words in your mouth. You posted a link to an article that mentions immune or immunity 5 times, so I guess you brought it up.

The effects of allium sativum on immunity within the scope of COVID-19 infection

Abstract

The severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection is quite variable and the manifestations varies from asymptomatic disease to severe acute respiratory infection. Fever, dry cough, dyspnea, myalgia, fatigue, loss of appetite, olfactory and gustatory dysfunctions are the most prevalent general symptoms. Decreased immune system cells such as suppressed regulatory T cells, cytotoxic and helper T cells, natural killer cells, monocytes/macrophages and increased proinflammatory cytokines are the characteristic features. Compounds derived from Allium sativum (garlic) have the potential to decrease the expression of proinflammatory cytokines and to reverse the immunological abnormalities to more acceptable levels. Allium sativum is suggested as a beneficial preventive measure before being infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus. Allium sativum is a functional food well-known for its immunomodulatory, antimicrobial, antiinflammatory, antimutagenic, antitumor properties. Its antiviral efficiency was also demonstrated. Some constituents of this plant were found to be active against protozoan parasites. Within this context, it appears to reverse most immune system dysfunctions observed in patients with COVID-19 infection. The relations among immune system parameters, leptin, leptin receptor, adenosin mono phosphate-activated protein kinase, peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma have also been interpreted. Leptin's role in boosting proinflammatory cytokines and in appetite decreasing suggest the possible beneficial effect of decreasing the concentration of this proinflammatory adipose tissue hormone in relieving some symptoms detected during COVID-19 infection. In conclusion, Allium sativum may be an acceptable preventive measure against COVID-19 infection to boost immune system cells and to repress the production and secretion of proinflammatory cytokines as well as an adipose tissue derived hormone leptin having the proinflammatory nature.

Keywords: Allium sativum; Covid-19 infection; Garlic; Leptin; Natural killer cells; T lymphocytes.

Copyright © 2020 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

So, are we clear on what you posted about immunity? You made a mistake, it happens. Rage quitting, or threats, isn't going to change anything.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Actually I didn't put any words in your mouth. You posted a link to an article that mentions immune or immunity 5 times, so I guess you brought it up.

The effects of allium sativum on immunity within the scope of COVID-19 infection

Abstract

The severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection is quite variable and the manifestations varies from asymptomatic disease to severe acute respiratory infection. Fever, dry cough, dyspnea, myalgia, fatigue, loss of appetite, olfactory and gustatory dysfunctions are the most prevalent general symptoms. Decreased immune system cells such as suppressed regulatory T cells, cytotoxic and helper T cells, natural killer cells, monocytes/macrophages and increased proinflammatory cytokines are the characteristic features. Compounds derived from Allium sativum (garlic) have the potential to decrease the expression of proinflammatory cytokines and to reverse the immunological abnormalities to more acceptable levels. Allium sativum is suggested as a beneficial preventive measure before being infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus. Allium sativum is a functional food well-known for its immunomodulatory, antimicrobial, antiinflammatory, antimutagenic, antitumor properties. Its antiviral efficiency was also demonstrated. Some constituents of this plant were found to be active against protozoan parasites. Within this context, it appears to reverse most immune system dysfunctions observed in patients with COVID-19 infection. The relations among immune system parameters, leptin, leptin receptor, adenosin mono phosphate-activated protein kinase, peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma have also been interpreted. Leptin's role in boosting proinflammatory cytokines and in appetite decreasing suggest the possible beneficial effect of decreasing the concentration of this proinflammatory adipose tissue hormone in relieving some symptoms detected during COVID-19 infection. In conclusion, Allium sativum may be an acceptable preventive measure against COVID-19 infection to boost immune system cells and to repress the production and secretion of proinflammatory cytokines as well as an adipose tissue derived hormone leptin having the proinflammatory nature.

Keywords: Allium sativum; Covid-19 infection; Garlic; Leptin; Natural killer cells; T lymphocytes.

Copyright © 2020 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

So, are we clear on what you posted about immunity? You made a mistake, it happens. Rage quitting, or threats, isn't going to change anything.

You have now heard from the new surgeon General of Canada that knows everything and anything you need to know about covid, It boggles the mind that he is such an expert on this, {and everything else}, surprised that he hasn't single handedly come up with a cure for covid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Wow that's a pretty bold suggestion by Forbes.  They must be hedging should total totalitarian be the end result.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Hey Mike first off i didnt mention immunity YOU did and thats called putting words in my mouth and in person youd get your ass handed to you for it. secondly Ive had all the contradictions to my posts from you im going to take.. Im joining all the others youve run off..see ya dickhead.

You did not say immunity, you posted a link, he likes to put words in other peoples mouth that they did not say, and I agree he is a DICKHEAD

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

You guys should get a room

Please no video! Just to be clear I don't want to see broke back ratsun! On second thought this wouldn't be a love fest but rather a slaughter?

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Rick, as always you are a treasure and we are lucky to have you here at Ratsun.

Your avatar shows what you are, a pussy and your offensive picture that says you're god damn right is what you think you are or want to be, a bad ass, you are just an ass

Edited by Rick-rat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Rick-rat said:

Is this your website?

Do you pay for it?

Why do you act like this is your site?

Did you start this site?

Rick!!! Come back!!!......... to earth.

Quote to me exactly where I put any words in anyone's mouth. I disagree with some content that was posted as a link and said so. I bet you haven't even read the link or my reply. In your headlong rush to call me a dick head you didn't do your homework.

Well..... at least you didn't threaten me.

• Like 1

Here.... is what I said about the link contents

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Garlic is good to take but its benefits are over blown. There is no proof that it can do anything to prevent a viral infection let alone co-vid. Just because it's good for you doesn't not mean it's a bullet proof vest.  

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

It may lessen the affects, if lucky you might avoid some viruses and like hundreds of organics it can boost the immune system. It doesn't make you immune. It's an old wives tale. Co-vid has only been around a year and a half (outside of a lab) not long enough for any long range studies of the efficacy of eating garlic to prevent it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic#Medical_research

Italians ate 108 million pounds of garlic in 2006, up 4% from the previous year. If it increased just 2% till 2021 then they consumed 140 million pounds this year. (likely much more) The population is about 60 million so on average 2.34 pounds a year for every man woman and child and although not every Italians will eat this amount it would be hard to avoid consuming at least some during the year in Italian cuisine. A total of 4.33 million caught the co-vid virus and 128,000 died from it. About 4.25% of those infected. What are the chances that many of those 128,000 ate garlic at every meal or one meal a day or several a week?????

Check out the wikipedia link.

Well I have no control over someone else's feelings but I can quote his reply and...... I see no mention of feelings. I do see a threat and name calling.

5 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Hey Mike first off i didnt mention immunity YOU did and thats called putting words in my mouth and in person youd get your ass handed to you for it. secondly Ive had all the contradictions to my posts from you im going to take.. Im joining all the others youve run off..see ya dickhead.

"He said inject bleach."

"He said he grabbed them by the pussy." 

Its amazing how people make a claim of something being said and it was never said. I have done this, and admitted with shame of what I had thought was said. 

Assumptions are shit, and we should take our time reading each others responses and ask for responsible clarification if it doesn't make sense. . 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 5