INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

No matter what has happened or might happen, as I write this, now, has moved letter by letter to the period at the end and then moves on. It's always NOW 

My industry would disagree. 

I often hear " if you're not early, you're late."

To which I tend to reply "makes sense, there's no such thing as 'Now'."

• Like 1

We are ALWAYS now. It's always now. We are inextricably in the now. If 'early' the now simply hasn't got there yet. If 'late' then the now has already passed it by. I only know my now. Your now may have been last week to me or next month. Do we have a shared now in this universe or do we have our own????

It's a tale as old as time.  Old guy thinks you should live in the present and not focus too much on the past or future.

Middle age guy sees time barreling past him and thinks you gotta make moves fast because there's literally no time like the present because the present isn't real.  There's only the past and the future. 

All we need now is a young person to show up and wish that time moved faster because now is boring, he doesn't have a past, and the future is exciting.

• Haha 1

You can dwell on the past or think ahead to the future but like I said you're doing it from your now. There is only a seemingly infinite number of cereal nows that are 5.39 × 10 −44 seconds apart. So many nows..... so little time..... (sigh)

• Like 1

Life probably won't go extinct but society is collapsing. Think about this when you're waiting in the emergency room with your kid while all the trauma doctors are trying to save 20 fentanyl overdoses intent on killing themselves. Again. Or afraid to be anywhere there are large crowds.

• Like 1