mainer311

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mainer311 said:

So I ordered a Nismo HG on eBay for $45. That’s a lot less than they usually are. Upon opening the box, I received 2 Nismo head gaskets for $45. Love when that happens! They look real, and hopefully are.

O6swqSL.jpg

cool man...you can now put a head gasket on your head gasket.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mainer311 said:

So I ordered a Nismo HG on eBay for $45. That’s a lot less than they usually are. Upon opening the box, I received 2 Nismo head gaskets for $45. Love when that happens! They look real, and hopefully are.

O6swqSL.jpg

Same here and I got mine for the same price free shipping. Good score though. Put the goodies on yet.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Same here and I got mine for the same price free shipping. Good score though. Put the goodies on yet.

I’m actually stuck at the moment. Cant finish the head because the lash pads from down under haven’t shown up yet, and I can’t paint the block and get started on that because it’s too cold out.

• Like 1

@banzai510(hainz)Lash pads showed up. They’re pretty nice. Metric sizes, but close enough. Come in .25mm (0.010”) increments like usual. Pocket on the bottom is exactly 2.0mm deep. I don’t know what the alloy is, but I can tell that they’re hardened and I’ll put one on the harness tester at work. Top is precision ground to the correct thickness and I measured a max variation of .01mm, which is less than my verniers can read anyway. Thicknesses are laser marked on the OD for quick reference.

ZDdmDhX.jpg

6vYSbL6.jpg

AQPpnqs.jpg

9tb5nUA.jpg

Z1qoxgW.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with Felpro HGs for stock applications and they are economically priced. Were $21 CDN about 20 years ago and $29 now. If VR are 'better' but you are paying the same then that's just wrong. If VR considers Felpro an equal then just go directly to Felpro.