d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, demo243 said:

I think trucks need some sidewall... I had 215/65r15 on there but they rubbed BAD! So I dropped to a 195/65,  probably could have gone 205... but 195 gives me a bit more clearance while still keeping some sidewall

Can you post a pic? 

• Like 1

Also am I going to notice a difference between a 2" and 2.25" exhaust?  I ask because I need to order a muffler/resonator but need to decide on the exhaust size first.  And any issue with a bigger exhaust and the stupid torsion bars? 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, d.p said:

Can you post a pic? 

215/65r15 on a 15x6

50026888916_35e932e3cf_b.jpg

195/65r15 on 15x6

51128184652_8169958b35_b.jpg

The 215s really filled the wheel wells nicely, but rubbed bad on any turn. I took a gamble and went 195s for extra clearance - they dont rub, but a 205 would have filled the fender a little better... I may just drop the front another half inch or so... 

None of this factors in power/gearing - taller tires will "slow" acceleration down a bit... but you can play with the tire comparisons to see how close each tire is. --- https://tiresize.com/comparison/ ---  So in going from a 215/65 to a 195/65 I dropped a 1/2" of sidewall (1" overall diameter) and 1" width.; this effectively dropped the whole truck another 1/2" as a side effect.

Edited by demo243
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, d.p said:

Also am I going to notice a difference between a 2" and 2.25" exhaust?  I ask because I need to order a muffler/resonator but need to decide on the exhaust size first.  And any issue with a bigger exhaust and the stupid torsion bars? 

A good exhaust shop will get around the torsion bars properly....  I have 2" under my truck I think there is enough room for 2-1/4... The sound might not be what you really want.... 

I tried a slightly larger diameter to compensate for the crushed bend restriction... it gave the truck more of the ricer fart can sound.... 

Went down to the 2" with mandrel bends and I like the sound a lot better, has a deeper tone when up in the rpms.  

I'm not sure what the L20b likes for exhaust diameter....

• Like 1

Thanks @demo243 and @Crashtd420 you exhaust exist right behind the cab through right?   I am wondering where mine should exit?  Currently its under the bed about 6" give or take from the end of the bed angled down on the passenger side.   I really want it pointed straight back under one of the bumperettes but not sure anyone does that with these trucks?  

• Like 1
Just now, d.p said:

Thanks @demo243 and @Crashtd420 you exhaust exist right behind the cab through right?   I am wondering where mine should exit?  Currently its under the bed about 6" give or take from the end of the bed angled down on the passenger side.   I really want it pointed straight back under one of the bumperettes but not sure anyone does that with these trucks?  

Yes its behind, well technically over the cab.... I hear it really well...

You can exit it any where you like... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Like I said !!!!  65 series  195 or 185s in fromt with 205 in rears

back in the day with Patfinders

015_12.JPG

But you know the "series" is the percentage of the width, right? 65 is a different height sidewall on a 185 vs a 225. A 45 isn't a rubber and if it's on a 225 tire.

• Like 1

Hell yeah brother. Been driving the shit out it.  Using tons of premium gas and been keeping track of my gas mileage.   I think I have gotten gas more often since I built the engine then I ever have.  Filled it up 3 times since the 11th. 

9 gallon tank, roughly 8 gallons used @175 miles comes out to 21.875 miles per gallon give or take.  No idea what my gas mileage was with my l16 cause it was 87 and seemed like I never filled it up.  

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

Hey, if he brings his vape, he’d fit right in with the Lesbaru crowd.

Lol man I don't smoke, drink or any of that nonsense.   Nothing against lesbians (lip stick though) the Subaru driving ones don't do it for me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, d.p said:

image.gif.26b0718d3ae604e68d987ffc5b5a8dda.gif

drove it around all today but it sucks not having a horn. I didn’t realize how much I use it until I didn’t have it. 

Just get the bumper sticker, "Horn broken, watch for finger."

• Like 1

d.p that statement about you don't smoke, drink or any of that nonsense gives me more respect for you, but then you drive a BMW and it all goes out the window!  LOL

Seriously though I respect people the that don't smoke, drink or any of that nonsense.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Haha 1