why are radiators so expensive!!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that will take some research but at 1K that's got to be cheaper. Look at cars with the same motor you have for one. Example, I replaced my truck rad with another 3 core from a '79 200sx. It was 1" taller and about 4" wider. Fit between the headlights with some mods, but hey it was $20. Measure yours and carry a tape measure in the wreckers and keep your eyes open for an opportunity. Try a rad shop they might have a cross reference book or one with dimensions and hook ups. One from a Vega might fit. :lol: /jk

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D380324&N=700+115&autoview=sku

about the same size as a 620 rad...$160

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BCI%2D75007&N=700+400001+115&autoview=sku

Super nice fan...prolly to big and overkill...$300

That's radiator and fan less than $500

the cheapest quote for a nice radiator(electric fan and such) is like 1K!!!!

ridicolous!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

a cheap alternative anyone?????:confused:

I watched a show on the discovery or history or one of those channels "how things are made " or something like that. They are a boat load of steps and processes that go into making radiators. Most of it done by a robot though.

the cheapest quote for a nice radiator(electric fan and such) is like 1K!!!!

ridicolous!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

a cheap alternative anyone?????:confused:

Since you have an A15, why not pull a radiator from a 210 and have it rodded out? They fit easily, and a fan isn't terribly expensive. The 210 radiator is what came with your motor, so it should work just fine provided the rest of your cooling system is okay.

I put a 210 radiator in my A14-powered Morris with a thermo fan and it worked great.

Just my $.02

A radiator is the last place you want to be cheap with.I've recently built two 70 Chargers with big blocks in them.Both had Griffins in them and during fire-up and break in,the temp never went above 200 degrees sitting in a garage in Arizona in July.You get what you pay for.