What's the weirdest thing you've ever found in your Datsun when dissassembling stuff?

Hey all, hope you're enjoying your weekend & giving your beloved Datsuns plenty of love. 

So, the seat in my 510 wagon finally broke away from the side bracket yesterday & became impossible to drive comfortably so I unbolted it to install a spare that a good friend gave me until I can get my upholstery work done. After getting the seat out, I found a small treasure of coins, crumbs, an ancient  cough drop that looked like mice chewed on it, & a spare dome light light bulb that still works.

Since these cars have often had many lives before we got ahold of them, made me just a little curious about what other's might have found when taking their rides apart for whatever reason. My mom has a 1963 & a half Ford Galaxie 500 & 1st time she cleaned it out found a newspaper clipping in an envelope dated in the same decade about some murder.

Chime in if you've had similar or interesting discoveries... B)

-Angela

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My $75  620 ended up being $1.40 less when I swapped in new bucket seats. My 710 had an ash tray full of coins and a mouse nest in the heater fan. This isn't weird though. I have a KA24E head I'm planning to one day use and it had a 4" long 'worm' of blue RTV in the water jacket. Still not weird? There was a soggy fire cracker in there too!!!

• Like 1

A bunch of old French fries, coins, wrappers under the seats. Then a gun rack under all the crap that was in the king cab section! Still need to put it in the back window. And don't worry flatcat, I still plan to put a sword on there for ya....... If I can get that half ounce haha. Not really though.

• Like 2

Tooters (half straws used to snort things).  Needle once, mice skeletons, found a bag of dope in one.  Not my truck, but a customers at work had a giant dildo in the back. That was the lulz. I have a pic somewhere.

Found a really fucked up doll head one time.  Super creepy

• Like 1

A bunch of old French fries, coins, wrappers under the seats. Then a gun rack under all the crap that was in the king cab section! Still need to put it in the back window. And don't worry flatcat, I still plan to put a sword on there for ya....... If I can get that half ounce haha. Not really though.

But...BUT...I already have a sword in mine. And it is sharp! Fruit Ninja like a mu'fucka. 

• Like 2

I've found some scary stuff.  My current 620 DD was purchased from a then-recently (and permanently) incarcerated person and had a baggie of very soggy, moldy cocaine behind the seats.  Interesting in that the truck had been in evidence impound for several months.  Since the original owner would never be back in society (aggravated double homicide tends to do that) I also got all his fairly rusty auto body tools as well as a CD folder filled with mostly 1980s Glam Rock CDs.

A previous one, purchased from a freaking Police impound auction, had a mobile meth lab in the bed buried under piles of tools and clothes, and the cab was full of used hypodermic needles.  At least they were all capped.

The first truck I bought at an impound auction I found the keys under the floor mat right after buying it.  While it was impounded DWLS (driving with license suspended, meaning it was running at the time of impound) it was marked "no keys".  It was full of used and unused mustard packets, dozens of corndog sticks, dozens of (empty) beer cans under and behind the seat (no wonder the guy had no license), and 20 copies of the driver's resume in the underdash tray.  He was a welder, apparently- clues were both by the resumes and the 2 dozen welding rods mixed in with the corndog sticks on the floor.

• Like 1

Wasn't a datsun, and it was in a pick and pull type junkyard. I found a full ammo can in the back of a k5 blazer, .308 caliber. My buddy and I loaded our pockets and went shooting a few days later.

Wasn't a datsun, and it was in a pick and pull type junkyard. I found a full ammo can in the back of a k5 blazer, .308 caliber. My buddy and I loaded our pockets and went shooting a few days later.

Last time I went to an actual pick n pull I found the remnants of a homeless bed inside of a 90's high top Chevy van. Right by the pillow was a mountain dew can dented in with a few holes poked at the bottom of the dent and covered in resin. Livin large at the pick n pull!